+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone skipped the combined Nt and blood screening and just done Materniti21/verifi/H

Hi all,

As per the title, anyone chosen to go this way? Seems like it would alleviate some of the stress with the risk ratings causing worry. Is the nt measured at the scan anyway?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hangingupsidedown For This Useful Post:

Anxiousmum39  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I've just had that bloodtest and now waiting for results. I've also opted to do the nt test as well as it checks for other things with bubs as well as the nuchal fold. Like blood flow in the umbilical cord and heart, brain development and the limbs. I'd probably worry more without the scans.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely want the scans but thinking of skipping the combined bloods and going straight to harmony etc test. Any risks in doing this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    This time my OB recommended I just do the harmony test. You don't need to do the other bloods if you do the harmony. It's more accurate as it extracts baby's DNA from your blood to test for the trisomies. I was told it would be $800 but when I went to get it done it's gone down to $550. We opted to find the gender too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No risks in doing that. It's more accurate than the combined blood and nt scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't get it at all - I am almost 11 weeks and won't be having the NT scan or bloods, I didn't with DS either. Though last time my dating scan was at roughly 11 weeks so I felt better knowing bubs was fine. This time my dating scan was 6 weeks and to be honest it is a long time to wait between checking on bubs!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all! I'm in Sydney, not sure which test or the cost here? Are they all the same with different names?

Sent from my GT-I9210T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah they are called something different depending on what company does it but it's all the same test called NIPT screening. They need to send it to the USA or Singapore as we don't have the machines here hence the high price.
    As I've had previous losses and an ivf pregnancy I have had 4 scans already and will continue as I am high risk.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (03-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty sure it's the same test, just different names used for branding. I had the Verifi test done and that was $900 in October this year. Earlier in the year though it was over $1k so I think all the tests are becoming cheaper.

I read somewhere that they're looking at developing the testing in Australia too, so that should also bring the price down. I had both the NT combined test and the Verifi done afterwards due to low papp-a being found in the blood test for the NT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all, just wondering at which point in the pregnancy did you have the test? I'd want it at ten weeks I think, as soon as possible.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using The Bub Hub mobile app