+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Car seats

I need to replace a capsule with a car seat for our 4 month LO. I'd like to be able to keep him rear-facing for some time, so am looking at convertible seats.

Based on the CREP ratings and suggestions from our state Kidsafe advisory group, I've narrowed it down to Safe-n-Sound Lifestyle or the Meridian/Platinum AHR (newer model with SICT).

Does anyone have feedback on how well the Merdian/Platinum fits in medium-sized cars? We have a Ford Focus sedan. I'm happy to have the passenger seat forward, but would be good not to have the front passenger totally jammed in.

Thanks for any feedback

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm pretty sure the lifestyle is the same shell as the compaq so is a good seat for smaller cars whereas the meridian is a bit bigger

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you looked at the infAsecure seats? Kompressor/neon/trident/ascent? Essentially all the same seat with different fabric. I found them shorter than most other seats when rf.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (10-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The SICT is a huge seat. Have a look at the Infasecure Kompressor, fantastic compact seat and great for ERF

Your best bet is to head to a baby shop and fit them in your car and see what fits best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have the meridian and while I love that ds is safe on it the size gets annoying.

Ds is still rear facing and it means the front passenger really doesn't have any room. We have a mazda 3 hatch and a subaru forester. Tbh, the forester is probably not safe for the front passenger as your knees are practically touching the glove box.

Once ds turns to ff which won't be far off as he is almost at the heigh marker it won't be so bad but then we only have one child.

I have had another carseat in there with ours and it is quite squishy, even for a child, between them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for the helpful feedback.

That's given me plenty to look at. I originally ruled out the Infasecure seats because CREP website only has only tested models rear facing to 6 months, but I'll follow that up.

With the Safe n Sound Meridian/Platinum the passenger seat will be 10-15cm further forward than it is now with the capsule. I've put the seat in that position and we will go for a few drives this week to see if we can live with the seat that far forward.
    Last edited by clbj; 11-12-2013 at 09:46. Reason: Fix sentence to clarify

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 23 month old can still rear face in the infa kompressor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The meridian didnt fit in our car - Mazda 3 hatch... we tried the Maxi-Cosi which has the same side impact as the meridian and that was a much better fit and also has great reviews :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used the maxi cosi when my youngest out grew her capsule also. Great car seat. I fit 3 maxi cosi's across my car but the meridian was so big I couldn't of even fit 2 and have room for a passenger!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All Infa 0-4 seats are an A2 restraint just like the Meridian. The markers are the same, although my 13 month old has more room to RF in his Infa Neon than his Meridian.
    Only their 0-8 seat is an A1 restraint (6 months).