+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What if the teaches don't get on? My DD school has 2 transition classes and the teachers don't get on ( so I've heard) and their way of teaching has been completely different which is now an issue as all the kids are getting mixed up for next year's classes. It's a total mess! If they'd had to work together it would have been a disaster!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybub View Post
    Is that a good or a bad thing about Teacher B being the music teacher?
    No idea? Good I guess as the kids already know her well !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter had 2 teachers this year for prep and it's been fine. as a pp said both teachers have young kids themselves so its good for them to be able to still work but have some flexibility too. DD is the kind of kid who will adapt to anything though so I knew it wouldn't worry her but I know some other kids love routine so could be a bit much for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a chat to some of the mums this morning, one in particular doesn't like it, the high grades she is okay with but not for grade 1! Apparently it's pretty common in our school but would like to know if we are the only grade 1 class with two teachers? It will be hard to say goodbye to my daughters prep teacher! She is a fantastic teacher I'll be asking for her when dd2 starts prep in 2016!

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Harvest, he did ok. We had a visual chart at home with the days of the week and a picture of the teachers on which days and we looked at it every morning.

One year tho the teachers rarely communicated with each other about my son.

Id ring up one day and speak to one of his teachers about an ongoing issue and she would claim to have not known anything about it. Speak to the other teacher about an issue another day and she had no clue about it. No one ever had a clue about anything.

One teacher works best for us. But if it happened again i would most definitely insist on a communication book that id take to school every day and pick up at the end of each day so all teachers were reading the same things.

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (10-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Our DS1 has 2 teachers this year in year 1. We thought his kindy/prep teacher was fabulous, but this year has been even better. The 2 teachers have been buddied up together for many years and have excellent communication between themselves, the children and the parents. I definitely feel like the two of them put together creates one mega-teacher who does more work than just 5 days if you know what I mean- it has definitely been a very positive experience all round and I would like to see our kids have this chance again. Each child was allocated a 'focus' teacher and I have dealt mainly with her throughout the year. All the best.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (10-12-2013)