+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    How do the teachers handle it? How do they know what the lesson plan is and how can they keep on top of knowing what each students strengths and weaknesses are?
    - genuine questions!
    I couldn't imagine doing what babyla is referring to. I guess you'd get used to it but I'd find it a bit confronting! I'd actually love to know the answers to those questions VP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by joalisha View Post
    Okay great, nice to know its common! Teacher B is also the lower school music teacher!
    Is that a good or a bad thing about Teacher B being the music teacher?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How do the teachers handle it? How do they know what the lesson plan is and how can they keep on top of knowing what each students strengths and weaknesses are?
    - genuine questions!
    Curious to know, too

OP, the year 1 class next to ds1s class has 2 teachers. It seems to work really well, the parents seem happy with it. Like others have mentioned, those two teachers work really well together. All the kids in that class are happy and learning.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    - genuine questions!
    Awesome questions. They're questions most parents ask when they take a tour. Teachers are released to work with leaders 2 hours each week together to analyse student data and set up workshops based on student individual need. It's really no different to collecting data in a normal classroom, same number of students and you're still conferencing with your students and working with them both individually and in small groups. The planning of lessons works around learning sequences and takes a lot more organisation than a traditional classroom, it also means teachers have to be awesome team players and hugely flexible. It is not a traditional set up and the curriculum hangs off inquiry learning so it's not segregated into literacy, then numeracy but you learn these things through real life problems. But definitely not for all kids or all teachers. I'm still undecided whether it would be the right choice for my DS but so many kids really thrive, they all have their own iPads too which is much more common now.

Also data is centralised so it's all keep in a online platform which is accessible by all teachers to add to every time they work with individuals or groups, this means that at any point as a parent you can ask how your child is doing and the teachers can access the most recent notes or assessments to discuss.
    Last edited by babyla; 09-12-2013 at 21:05.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (10-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I did a job share last year on a year 3 class. I did 3 days and my friend did 2. It really was a successful year, but only because we worked well together. The kids adapted well and we had really good communication.

If I'm honest, however, I would feel a little disappointed if my children had 2 teachers, which is a big possibility.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my kids are 6 and 8 and they both have two teachers, ds in pre primary sometimes has 3-4, but he has two permanent ones and the other two visit through the week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscotti View Post
    I'm in a teaching partnership and we both think it's great

Another of the benefits we have found is that if I am away for whatever reason or my teaching partner is, then the other is called in to work .... so for the kids, it's just business as usual
    This didn't work for us as we both had small children and no daycare on the days we didn't work. So our class had 3 teachers in a week if we were sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joalisha View Post
    So my daughter is in grade 1 next year and we received her teachers names, what is odd is she has two teachers, teacher A - Monday,Tuesday, Wednesday & teacher B- Thursday,Friday! Just wondering how common this is? I'm not sure I like it!
    This is normal at our school. I'm not sure I like it either but it's how it is and it seems to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    Did he cope alright? My DS would have a meltdown every time there is a change of teacher. His kindy teacher has a release day(whatever that is?) each week and even after a year of it, he doesn't cope with the change i routine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    This is what I ak worried about when my DS2 starts school. I dont think he would cope. And 2 teacher classes seems to be the norm at this school. Have to wait and see I guess.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    This is what I ak worried about when my DS2 starts school. I dont think he would cope. And 2 teacher classes seems to be the norm at this school. Have to wait and see I guess.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Our school has learnt their lesson after this disasterous year it seems.
    Next year DS is in a straight year 1 class with 1 teacher thankfully. So at least there will be a greater degree of consistency.
    This year he was in a composite class which I knew he wouldn't cope in. The school didn't care for my concerns though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app