+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My son has had two teachers for the two years he has been at school. Its pretty common in the school he goes to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My son had 2 teachers this year, one on Mondays, one the rest of the week.

I was so hesitant at first but it's been ok. I definitely prefer the teacher he has more often, she is an amazing teacher.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Another one with kids with 2 teachers. It works for us

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Yep ds#1 has had that two years. Has its pros and cons.

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.
    Did he cope alright? My DS would have a meltdown every time there is a change of teacher. His kindy teacher has a release day(whatever that is?) each week and even after a year of it, he doesn't cope with the change i routine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm in a teaching partnership and we both think it's great

Another of the benefits we have found is that if I am away for whatever reason or my teaching partner is, then the other is called in to work .... so for the kids, it's just business as usual

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

LouLaa  (18-12-2013),Stretched  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have been a team-teacher sharing a class with another teacher and my DD is just finishing a year at school with 2 teachers. As PPs have said, there are advantages and disadvantages to it. When it works well it works really well to the best advantage of the kids.

As parents though I feel it is really important that we support it because it sets a standard for part time work in a profession typically dominated by full time staff. The more industries that can offer part time work the better!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    . At our school each child has 3 learning advisors in an open plan space of about 60-70 kids, team teaching give lots more options for personalisation.
    I understand not everyone will agree with me... And I'm basing my view on my gut feeling and not a scientific study... However this sounds horrible! I would have hated this as a kid. 60-70 kids together, even with 3 teachers... Eeeeek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I understand not everyone will agree with me... And I'm basing my view on my gut feeling and not a scientific study... However this sounds horrible! I would have hated this as a kid. 60-70 kids together, even with 3 teachers... Eeeeek!
    It's still the same ratios about 22 students per teacher. But yeah its not for everyone but it's a a very different setting with a pretty different philosophy too. There are no walls in the school either. They're not all doing the same stuff together at the same time though it's kind of like a fluid space where kids move based on workshops. Oh and not every child has their own table and chair I should add add that there are 3 spaces which break off a community space so lots of little spaces and reading or exploring corners set up as quiet or research areas. They are huge spaces.
    Last edited by babyla; 09-12-2013 at 20:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another job sharing teacher here! I work Thursday and Friday. It's a bit tricky to get used to at first but all the parents of kids I've taught have loved it. It helps having an awesome job share partner as I do! You get the best of two teachers and the kids love it. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    It's still the same ratios about 22 students per teacher. But yeah its not for everyone but it's a a very different setting with a pretty different philosophy too. There are no walls in the school either. They're not all doing the same stuff together at the same time though it's kind of like a fluid space where kids move based on workshops. Oh and not every child has their own table and chair I should add add that there are 3 spaces which break off a community space so lots of little spaces and reading or exploring corners set up as quiet or research areas. They are huge spaces.
    How do the teachers handle it? How do they know what the lesson plan is and how can they keep on top of knowing what each students strengths and weaknesses are?
    - genuine questions!