+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've asked this question countless times as I was advised by the elders to feed bub water when he was only a month old as he was getting hiccups very regularly. The standard answer I got from midwives and nurses from the baby clinic is once you start the baby on solids, you can give a few teaspoons after they eat. Hope this helps.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to linniez88 For This Useful Post:

townsvillenat  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    6 months for water. Ribena, I personally wouldn't.

Married to my soul mate, Mummy to one beautiful little girl, wishing for a little boy to complete our family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not planning to start giving water till she starts on solids

Thanks
    Reviews
    In really hot weather, lukewarm boiled water is fine from birth. The middies gave it to my son and daughter born in december and november during their first nights in hospital while I slept so it won't harm them from any age.
    If you're you're bf, you're better just to feed but if you're ff, you can give boiled water in between regular feed times on really hot days if they're unsettled or thirsty, especially in the afternoon.
    When you go back to work, if you're expressing, your carer might find water a substitute if they run out - my bf kids preferred it to formula sometimes.
    A teaspoon of cooled boiled water is good for bringing up wind, as someone else mentioned.
    Ribena is no different to cordial. Diluted unsweetened fruit juice can help with constipation in ff babies, though. I had to resort to it with my ff bubs at times.