+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad to hear you're taking it easy.

I've been given mini goals to meet and am nearly at my first one, 24 weeks (currently 23w4d). Then fortnightly til 30 weeks - ob said anything past 30 would be icing on the cake for me. But she did say that if I get to 36 weeks, they would take the stitch out then and wait for labour - could be immediately after or I might go full term and need to be induced! We will see... such a waiting game.

Are you going to be getting regular ultrasounds?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's great your almost at 24 weeks!
    It feels so far away for me at the moment I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. I hope you get close to full term and the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing. Having mini goals is a great idea. Might have to do that also.

My OB suggested to get monitoring every week now. She is on holidays so I'm seeing her colleague who performed the procedure with her. She has a great machine that can measure the cervix externally. If it wasn't for her I'd be paying heaps to get it done somewhere else. My cervix was good on Friday so she suggested fortnightly visits but she could see I panicked at the thought and said weekly was fine.
    I just wish this discharge would stop. It'll be a week tomorrow after the procedure. It looks like it's easing up then it's back again. Hopefully it goes soon then I could be at ease a little.

In the meantime I'm back to putting my feet up and relaxing. Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering how you're al going, I got stitched at 24 weeks now nearly 26 weeks. Hopefully I have a full term baby this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by petrult View Post
    Just wondering how you're al going, I got stitched at 24 weeks now nearly 26 weeks. Hopefully I have a full term baby this time.
    Hi petrult,
    That's great you're 26 weeks congratulations. I'm 23 weeks and it's been 10 weeks since I've had the stitch put in. As of my 20 week scan my cervix hasn't changed and was 3.8cm. I've been really taking it easy with my feet up. I'm really nervous because I have a rescan on Thursday and hope everything is stable.
    How are you going? Did they do your stitch as as emergency one? Hope we all get to full term too!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm good!

No stitch, and sitting at almost 3cm, which is more than I started with last preg. But this bubba is significantly smaller than DD was at this gestation, and it isn't putting as much weight on my cervix.

I've been on fortnightly monitoring for a while, will change to weekly as soon as it starts to shorten.

Thanks
    Reviews
    28 weeks currently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great measurements you both have, mine went from 3cm at 21 weeks to 2cm at 23 weeks so they stitched a week later. Hope your scans go well, I'm nervous about mine but looking forward to it just so I know what's happening.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was an emergency stitch yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Looking like another premmie had scan on Friday, good length of 2.9cm but beaking present. So stitch is doing its job but not sure how long it will last my waters broke last time and stitch held so hoping it doesn't happen again like that. Trying so hard to stay laying down but very hard with an 18 mth old and no family to help. 26+3 today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Petrult! Hoping that this lil bub stays put for you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast