+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeish View Post
    How did your appointment go, mrsbtobe?
    Cakeish it really was what I expected. I am still a bit disappointed though. The Midwife was lovely. Took very detailed info, but just didn't listen to me when I asked for the extra scans. She said that she doesn't choose who goes into the High Risk Unit and that I need to see Dr Davis, but first apt is when I am 17 weeks. I did tell her I needed at least one more scan between 12w and the 19w scan, but two would be better. She just kinda smiled at me like I was a bit crazy and reassured me that they will check my cervix at the 19w scan. I told her that I would be getting the scans at 14w and 16w regardless. The measurement from the 12w scan was 3.3cm. It wasn't an internal ultrasound though so it isn't long enough for me to be comfortable to let the extra scans go. So at this stage, I will get the 14w and 16w scan referral from my GP. If all looks good after that will wait for the apt with Dr Davis. If it shortens at all I'll make a song and dance about seeing him earlier. It is just a constant battle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Okay, just get your GP to request a CL with the scans. 3.3 is a great normal length but I honestly don't know how they got a measurement without doing an internal!

Do you go to south coast women's ultrasound? Even if your referral doesn't say you need a CL scan just ask nicely and explain that ashermans can cause CI but your midwife hasn't even heard of the syndrome. They will probably be obliging - I only had one that wasnt (this preg at 12 weeks!) and she still did it even though she didnt want to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Riss. I'm so sorry for your losses too. Sounds like you have been through so much as well.
    It's good to hear that your OB is doing a good job. You must be relieved but still so stressed at the same time!
    I definitely think the stitch is worth it. Especially early. We will be doing it of we have any issues come up. I just can't leave it to chance now after so much going the wrong way up till now. It does seem to be a more successful method when picked up earlier.
    I bet you are still bloody nervous though.
    Keep in touch here and let us know how things go.
    Kylie.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cakeish View Post
    Okay, just get your GP to request a CL with the scans. 3.3 is a great normal length but I honestly don't know how they got a measurement without doing an internal!
    I know!! This has def contributed to me wanting another. 5mm difference is a whole different ball game and it was from an abdo ultrasound.
    I do go to South Coast. The lady last week was great. So I hope I get her again. Thanks though I will get the GP to add it. CL is Cervical Length?

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Petrult what a great job your OB did. So good to hear these stories. Good luck with this pregnancy. Hope it is nice and uneventful!
    Did you have surgery to correct your AS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did have surgery my uterus was fused shut with the ashermans so they went in with cameras and cut it all out but it was very dry and not much lining at all, I then went back in surgery six months later and it was a little better so when I did IVF they used a special med that is used in cancer patients and it worked I got a six mm lining compared to 2mm and both embryos implanted so did the job. Then this natural pregnancy my OB said after I had my son that he would have cleared it all out from growing in there and then coming out with the placenta etc and he was right"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls
    Update: so I had my stitch put in on Monday. OB was happy with how high they got it but they had to do some cutting to get there. Recovery was painful. Luckily cramps lasted that day and I've had light spotting since. My OB gave me a scan the day after and I had another check up yesterday and my cervix was up to 4.5 which is great, baby was fine and OB was happy. Now I've woken up to some redder spotting as it was only pinky brown discharge earlier. I know it's probably normal but it's hard not to worry. Has anyone had red spotting? Apparently I have dissolvable stitches where they cut the skin to get higher so I'm thinking it might be from there. Agh the worry!!
    Thanks so much for any advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I had my stitch put in they said spotting for a week following normal. They said to come back in asap if it turns into heavier bleeding (like a period) bcos thats not meant to happen.

Take it easy from here on out. I was told no swimming, baths or sex cos it can introduce infection. And no housework, exercising, lifting or anything physical... keep your feet up and go slow.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much... It seems to have gone back to pink/brown now

I've been taking it verrrry easy. Spent most of Christmas Day in bed but it's well worth it. Hope all is going well with your pregnancy. When are you getting out your stitch?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops double post