+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD went into a bed at 18 months and would self settle by then too. I did like pp said but used rolled up towels under the sheet instead of pillows to create a bumper. Hotel beds tend to be quite high though so I'd still stress in that case. You could ask for some extra towels and a sheet. Lay the towels on the floor as a 'mattress' then tuck the sheet over. I've done this for DD when we've ended up out at someone's house past bedtime. You can set it up on one side of the bed then hide on the other side til they go to sleep - then relax on the bed all to yourself!!

Sent from my GT-S5830 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

moosemousse  (09-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think normally I wouldn't be freakimg out so much but we're overseas at the moment... It's going to be -12 degrees on Wednesday so I'm already appalled by that. And well.., dunno I guess it's the winter depression of not seeing the sun much, but this trip really hasn't gone well so far. I'd really like it if he could nap well so I don't have to deal with a 5pm melt down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had to do this on many of occasions when traveling - I put pillows around to help when she rolls around. I would just lay beside her and tap her until she falls asleep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always put my DS in the cot awake and walked out too... We recently went on a holiday to Thailand (he was 18 months at the time) and obviously the same situation as you now... We would go through the routine we have at home them put him on our bed, we would lie next to him but with our backs turned, and once he was asleep we would get up and put pillows either side of him to prevent him rolling off.

If he started fussing or trying to play, we would sternly remind him that it was time for sleep.