+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Starflame, definitely have a word to your MIL. She sounds like every other Mum/MIL, always nagging about Grandkids. But be honest with her, say that you are having difficulties and it's a private matter that you don't want to discuss, but would appreciate her stopping asking. Again, good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMum View Post
    Starflame, definitely have a word to your MIL. She sounds like every other Mum/MIL, always nagging about Grandkids. But be honest with her, say that you are having difficulties and it's a private matter that you don't want to discuss, but would appreciate her stopping asking. Again, good luck!
    This is a good idea in theory however she would demand to know why etc etc and she would talk about it every time we see her. She doesn't listen to anything either of us say ever (created problems on our wedding day!) so it's easier for her to not know! We are going to tell her we don't want kids and that she will just have to deal with it.

Also, she doesn't want us to have kids for us, she wants us to have them for her to "replace" the grandchildren she isn't allowed to see. So yea, she's not someone I want to know about our struggle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi starflame, there is a low cost ivf clinic at springwood in brisbane. We were looking into it when we were ttc but luckily got our bfp a couple of months before we thought we would have to go down that path. I have pcos too so know how frustrating it can be. I did two rounds of clomid but it never made me ovulate earlier than cd21. In the end we conceived naturally - I put it down to losing weight although I hated hearing the FS telling me to do it. I had a bmi of 25 and lost about 8kgs with the help of a dietician as I had mild insulin resistance which is common for pcos. We also dtd every day that cycle because my clinic was shut for the holidays and I didn't know for sure if I had ovulated and when. Everyone is different though so fingers crossed you find what works for you. I have a grandmother who sounds just like your MIL so I feel your pain! Avoidance was the only thing that worked for me, and talking to supportive people instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My injections were the same price (actually a bit cheaper) than the clomid.

We fell naturally! After all of the clomid, the injections, the IUI, we fell the old fashioned way.

She had me change my diet to predominantly fresh foods. Cut out gluten and dairy (though I'm a whimp and only cut down? Not take it out entirely). I'm a really fussy eater and thought I'd find it really hard, but surprisingly it was easy. I felt sooo much better almost immediately, so it was easy to stick to. She prescribed vitamins and liquid herb supplements for both me a DH. Some where specific to fertility, others were for General well being or other complaints id had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Starflame

so sorry you are still TTC just heartbreaking

I know it's annoying when people suggest things to long time TTCers but as a PCOS girl myself I wanted to ask a few things.

1. Are you on metformin?
    2. Have you had your thyroid antibodies checked? Not just your TSH
    3. Gluten free diet

also is there a wait list for free IVF in your state ? Our women's hospital in WA does free IVF with a long waiting period and limited cycles but it may be worth getting on the wait list ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Apologies as I have not read all previous replies, I couldn't read and not reply. I can fully understand where you are coming from, my DH and I had very similar issues when trying to conceive DD. our TTC journey took much longer than I ever thought it would and along the way I too discovered I had PCOS and was so depressed thinking it would never happen for us and having to put up with the pressure from family.

I met with many Ob/Gyno's, many of whom were absolutely useless who told me the same as you, lose weight, as if it were so simple! Finally I found a wonderful Dr who was the one who actually diagnosed my PCOS. He performed laparoscopic surgery on me to remove the cysts on my ovaries, and put me on Metformin immediately. About a month after all of that we started Clomid and conceived DD. These might me things to discuss with your Dr.

Also I had a friend who was successful with Clomid and she gave me the tip to keep trying all the way through the cycle as sometimes you ovulate later than expected and if you stick to only the window the Dr has told you, you might miss ovulation. We did this and were successful.

Best of luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starflame are you on metformin? It can help with egg quality and a lot of pcos girls take it with clomid and get good results.

I know it seems hard but with your age and good sperm quality there is a really good chance you will get there soon. A lot of girls get their bfp on the 5th or 6th clomid cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Starflame are you on metformin? It can help with egg quality and a lot of pcos girls take it with clomid and get good results.

I know it seems hard but with your age and good sperm quality there is a really good chance you will get there soon. A lot of girls get their bfp on the 5th or 6th clomid cycle.
    I was on metformin but I stopped taking it cos it just made me sick all the time. Yea I know lots of people fall pregnant on clomid it's just so hard to keep positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by starflame View Post
    I was on metformin but I stopped taking it cos it just made me sick all the time. Yea I know lots of people fall pregnant on clomid it's just so hard to keep positive
    Hey sorry for crashing I just wanted to let you know that my sister started on metformin (diabetes related) and it made her violently ill so she went back to her gp and he halved her dose...she hasn't had a problem since.

I also just wanted to jump in and say Im so sorry you haven't gotten your bfp yet Everytime I see your name pop up I wish and hope Its because you have gotten your little miracle. I cant even begin to imagine what you are going through but try not to give up all hope, you are such a deserving person and you will be a beautiful mother one day xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Starflame

Metformin XR (extended release) is meant to have no GI side effects. I can attest to that too. I got horrid nausea in metformin so I reduced my dose and went one extended release and no issues whatsoever!

give it a try? Metformin is cheap and effective it also significantly reduces miscarriage risk in women with PCOS