+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Not sure if it helps but there is an IVF clinic on the Sunshine Coast offering cheaper IVF. I'm not sure how much cheaper compared to other clinics, but it may be worth looking into if you wanted to travel up from Brisbane.

Best of luck. TTC is such a crappy road.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you summer it certainly can be! My next gyno appointment is on the 21st January so I'll see what the next step is from there if I'm not pregnant. I'm really really hoping we get a Christmas miracle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Star flame have you had your hubby checked too?

Clomid words for a lot of couples, it might just take a few more cycles of it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Clementine Grace View Post
    Star flame have you had your hubby checked too?

Clomid words for a lot of couples, it might just take a few more cycles of it?
    Yea he was checked first and he is above average lol perfect sperm over here! Yea I'm hoping that it works, I'm terrified that it won't and in trying to stay positive, it's just so hard after so long

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Starflame, we only tried for a year & a half before falling naturally so I can't quite say I know what you are going through completely & I don't have PCOS. But we too didn't think we could afford IVF so we gradually did other things we believed could assist.

I'm sure you've heard it all before but we tried all natural options: stripped everything nasty out of our diet, no processed/packaged food, organic wherever possible, morning smoothies with things like macca powder etc, cut out (cut down for DH) alcohol, exercised regularly, used pre-seed, DH took zinc & Menovit, i tracked everything - I made tables to find patterns etc. Each month we tweaked what we were doing & tried something new. These are all 'cheap' options which is why I thought I would suggest them.

Also, I'm a firm believer in maintaining a healthy state of mind, which I know is SUPER hard when TTC long term, even I was struggling. But make sure you are taking care of yourself - walk in the sunshine, get a massage, take a bath, download meditation apps etc.

Had we not had success, we were going to try acupuncture & herbs next because again, they are cheap(er) options & we have friends that have been successful that way.

Can I suggest you start a 'fertility fund' chuck whatever you can in there each week. Even consider buying a money box & just putting all loose change in there, it will add up & give you hope that it will become a reality (hopefully you don't need it!).

Time is on your side, I know this isn't what you wanted but stay positive. You WILL get there.

Best of luck.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JungleMum For This Useful Post:

starflame  (19-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you jungle mum. Yea we've tried lots of things over our journey. A fertility fund is a good idea! I'm hoping that the clomid helps us be successful in our journey, I've already devised a new healthy routine for the new year when all the Christmas feasts are over so hopefully getting healthier helps us as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I have my fingers crossed for you. I can't believe you waited 9 months for a gynae appt. I've been waiting 3 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This can be a long hard road and the only people who understand the agony of it are those that have been on it. It's hard deflecting all the "why haven't you got kids" questions.

Do you know that you if you are actually ovulating or not?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel your pain Star. We TTC for 2.5 years.

In Brisbane you can access a low cost IVF clinic in Nambour. You'll need a referral, so check out their website.

Though there is a difference between IVF and receiving treatment. A FS can move you from clomid to injectables. You can try IUI, mine was $300 out of pocket. This can all be done before considering IVF.

I can HIGHLY recommend a naturopath on the Gold Coast. You don't need to go and see her, she did all of my consults via email (which I found easier. All of her recommendations were sent in email, so I could refer back to them when needed). We struggled for years with unexplained infertility. After following my natros recommendations we finally got our BFP this week (naturally!), two cycles after seeing the Natro.

I know what it's like to feel so defeated. We didn't want to go down the IVF track, we live interstate from our families, and no support etc. after another failed IUI cycle I was gutted, DH had gone away for work and I was so alone with my empty uterus! I cried and cried and had no idea where to go next. In a strange twist of events the next day I met someone who had walked in my shoes and worked with this particular Natro. It honestly changed my life (I know that sounds wanky) and my whole outlook on TTC.

I've also read some great ebooks. I can email them to you if you like. If you'd like the books, or the details of the Natro feel free to PM me.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissusMac For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (19-12-2013),starflame  (19-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Becca 9 months was a long time to wait!! It sucked and I hope that you don't have to wait that long!

Clementine I ovulate on my own sometimes but not every cycle, maybe every second if I'm lucky. I temp so I know what's going on.

Missus mac I'm so happy you got your bfp! When dh and I have spoken about it I have explained to him the next steps are more than likely injections etc, the thing is right now we can't afford even that. It's going to be a matter of saving before we can do further treatment.

What did the naturo do for you? I don't know much about them did they get you to take herbs and stuff? What did you do to get your bfp?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to starflame For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (19-12-2013)