+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Some people seem to lack a brain to mouth filter. How they get to that age still getting away with it I have no idea! So horrible to be criticized by family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    3 months after DS1 was born mil asked if I had my period back yet. I was so shocked that anyone would ask that I actually answered her. She is a mw so feels she can ask all sorts of inappropriate things. Not sure what fil's excuse is for constantly asking if my titties are sore - and yes, that is the word he uses.
    Wtf!? Oh my god that's so creepy! I really do think that any man who calls breasts 'titties' are perverted and just off.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

DaenerysT  (08-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My MIL like to do the silent disapproval most of the time. I can just see 'the eyes' looking around. And the rest of the time I'm not taking the right vitamins, eating the right food or even drinking the right water believe it or not! Last time she was in my kitchen, I was wrong because I had bare feet and a apparently I will get a chill?!? It was a beautiful day! Grrr why can't she be more like my mum, so relaxed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Hugs OP and to all that have bad mils.

I hope that I am a good one. I am so new to it and mine died before got married.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 08-12-2013 at 09:40.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (08-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ohhh thats not good...I completdly understand how you feel too.
    A few years back... just after I had dd we were having a december bday party for dh at our house. We were all sittinf around chatting and when dh walked off she turns to me and says "you look happy but it won't last. When you finally break up it will all be your fault"

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm, I can see this thread going pear shaped fast. We better start whinging about other people before the MIL's get cranky with us

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (08-12-2013),KaraB  (08-12-2013),VicPark  (08-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kezanazz View Post
    Ohhh thats not good...I completdly understand how you feel too.
    A few years back... just after I had dd we were having a december bday party for dh at our house. We were all sittinf around chatting and when dh walked off she turns to me and says "you look happy but it won't last. When you finally break up it will all be your fault"

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Oh my goodness!!! What a horrible thing to say!

I am lucky and have an amazing MIL but I think that may have something to do with the fact she despised DH's ex haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh OP I really feel for you. My MIL is horrid too. To the point that DH made a decision to cease contact with her. She was very vindictive and manipulative too. Uuurgh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    [QUOTE=kezanazz;7580949]Ohhh thats not good...I completdly understand how you feel too.

Oh my! That's so awful! There's really some awful people out there.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (08-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's funny the things which some people find acceptable, which to others are completely unacceptable. Of course it depends on your relationships with specific people too. I would happily discuss "personal" things quite openly with most friends, but would never think of asking/talking about them with most family members.

My MIL is a strange woman...all in all nice, but she has her infuriating aspects. My mum though... generally a lovely woman, wonderful to my partner, but HORRIBLE to my sister's husband. She doesn't really say things to his face, but will whinge about him no end to everyone else (including my sister). She thinks he's incredibly rude, has "change" my sister etc. when in reality he's a lovely guy who just often doesn't see when something might be socially inappropriate.