+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Another thing I just thought of @SAgirl is have you been checked for a UTI recently? If not, id recommend going to your gp and getting them to check. They can cause uterine contractions that can be quite painful. Just a thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My sister had this happen with her second baby too. After a trip to the birth suite and a few tests the said she had an irritable uterus. Might be worth calling the birth suite or going in there when you can

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry, I realize she was 33, my point was not to worry . I had this 3 times with DD and was diagnosed with irritable uterus. My BH were showing on the monitor as regular & string, but they never changed my cervix. Then when I was actually in labour it was a whole other kettle of fish!

BH are exacerbated by dehydration, so try a nice big drink, maybe a bath or shower & try not to stress.

And if you are diagnosed with irritable uterus, it doesn't mean early labour by any means, so don't stress about that either. (DD came at 40+4)

I'm 31w now and get full on BH again, but I remember from last time what the difference is.
    @SAgirl are you familiar with your cervix? Can you check if there's been any change?

If you do get worried gI've the hospital a call, they will probably get you to come in, will put you on the CTG, possibly check your cervix, and possibly do a fibronectin test. The fibronectin test says that you *may* go into labour in the next 24 hours. I pray your bubba keeps on cooking!!
    Last edited by MrJones&Me; 07-12-2013 at 21:39.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MrJones&Me For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (07-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't do a cervix check if there is any chance you are having a fibronectin test, it can really muck up the results.
    Hope it all settled down overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone, I feel much better this morning after some sleep.

I have no idea how to check my cervix, wouldn't know what to feel for

Thanks for all the replies though