+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,094
    Thanks
    1,386
    Thanked
    1,357
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default It's happening again

    Argh, I am having period type pains again and this time along with BH! How frequent are Braxton hicks? Mine seem to be coming every few minutes ( maybe every 3-5 minutes) I haven't been timing but they are frequent.

    I'm 33+4

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,360
    Thanks
    2,565
    Thanked
    3,780
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think Braxton hicks aren't regular and don't follow a pattern, whereas normal contractions are regular. I'd start timing them and head to hospital if things seem too regular.

    All the best!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,275
    Thanks
    809
    Thanked
    2,399
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by JR03 View Post
    I think Braxton hicks aren't regular and don't follow a pattern, whereas normal contractions are regular. I'd start timing them and head to hospital if things seem too regular.

    All the best!
    This. BH also don't generally increase in pain. If it were me I'd give the hospital a call and see what they say.

  4. #4
    MrJones&Me's Avatar
    MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,613
    Thanks
    1,993
    Thanked
    1,370
    Reviews
    22
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    They will start getting really intense and last about a minute, 10 ish minutes apart if they're contractions . I dint know if this is baby #1 for you, but trust me, you'll know when they are proper contractions!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,094
    Thanks
    1,386
    Thanked
    1,357
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks they seemed to have eased off a bit, it's number 2 for me but I never had this with my first. I had BH but never with any pain until the day I have birth...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,248
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked
    1,263
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJones&Me View Post
    They will start getting really intense and last about a minute, 10 ish minutes apart if they're contractions . I dint know if this is baby #1 for you, but trust me, you'll know when they are proper contractions!
    Except she's 33 weeks, so don't really want them to get to the stage of proper contractions.....

    OP if they're painful and the pain doesn't go away with panadol, hot shower, bath, hot packs then I'd be calling Birth Suite.....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Mackay
    Posts
    6,275
    Thanks
    809
    Thanked
    2,399
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Except she's 33 weeks, so don't really want them to get to the stage of proper contractions.....

    OP if they're painful and the pain doesn't go away with panadol, hot shower, bath, hot packs then I'd be calling Birth Suite.....
    Totally agree. OP it's really important that if they are painful/increase in frequency and/or pain that you call the hospital. Best case scenario is it just BH, but if not than the earlier you get checked the faster they can try to stop things. Don't worry about feeling silly or bothering them for nothing- every single one of midwives has always drilled into me it's better to be safe than sorry with these things, it's what midwives are there for.

    Glad to hear they have eased off though- that's a good sign.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,094
    Thanks
    1,386
    Thanked
    1,357
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks they aren't as bad right now but I'll get a heat pack and try that. Also going to head to bed soon.

    Of course DH is away this weekend

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,248
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked
    1,263
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Totally agree. OP it's really important that if they are painful/increase in frequency and/or pain that you call the hospital. Best case scenario is it just BH, but if not than the earlier you get checked the faster they can try to stop things. Don't worry about feeling silly or bothering them for nothing- every single one of midwives has always drilled into me it's better to be safe than sorry with these things, it's what midwives are there for.

    Glad to hear they have eased off though- that's a good sign.
    Yeps. The midwives are going to be at work regardless of whether or not you call them up and go in.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,248
    Thanks
    489
    Thanked
    1,263
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Thanks they aren't as bad right now but I'll get a heat pack and try that. Also going to head to bed soon.

    Of course DH is away this weekend
    Good luck!! Have a nice shower, couple of panadol, cup of tea and see if that knocks them off.


 

Similar Threads

  1. HELP US, it's happening again! :( 4month old
    By Electric Boogaloo in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 15-11-2013, 18:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!