+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I would say "in that case, we won't be able to make it". IMO babies under 6 months (at least) should be excluded from that rule. Her wedding, her rules but your choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Their wedding their rules!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't go. If you're more than willing to go but she won't accommodate you with your breast fed bub, then she's making the decision for you. I wouldn't go out of my way to make alternate arrangements for someone who can't respect your position at the current time. I'm guessing she doesn't have children & so doesn't understand! I feel a good friend would want you there no matter what and would make allowances for critical circumstances such as yours.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't go. Nor would I leave such a young baby 7 hours drive away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've messaged her privately saying I understand the no kids rule as we had that at our wedding too but we let younger babies come etc. then I just said no problem though, just means we probably won't be able to come.

Anyway will see what she comes
    Back with

Problem with babysitter is, I have no family here (apart from my dad) and with the wedding being 7hours drive away, DH's family won't be around either. I have never
    Left DS with a stranger ever, for this trip if we were to go, I was going to see if dad would be around to come up with us (he's currently traveling round Aus) and he could take care of DS. He's looked after DS before but I would not be comfortable asking him to look after a near newborn. He won't even change DS nappy! And the only time he watches DS is if I have everything prepared (food, drinks, activities etc) he is not confident and honestly he's a bit lazy. He's ok with DS only coz he's used to him now and knows he's pretty easy to look after. He would never agree to look after a small baby. He would have no idea what to do if baby cried etc. hopeless.

Anyway we will see what happens.

I realize its her wedding and what she wants which I understand, however I have never heard of such young babies being excluded. That's new to me, especially if they are breastfed and mums can't express etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    I wouldn't go. Nor would I leave such a young baby 7 hours drive away.
    Don't worry I wasn't going to leave my baby in Sydney and go up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly, it sounds like too much of a muck around and headache. If she really wants you there she will say yes. Maybe one day when she has an infant and someone else is getting married, she will find herself in the same situation & will understand why people can't just drop everything to attend.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (07-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyInWeighting View Post
    Don't go. If you're more than willing to go but she won't accommodate you with your breast fed bub, then she's making the decision for you. I wouldn't go out of my way to make alternate arrangements for someone who can't respect your position at the current time. I'm guessing she doesn't have children & so doesn't understand! I feel a good friend would want you there no matter what and would make allowances for critical circumstances such as yours.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    absolutely this. You said you can't go if you couldn't take bub and she still said no kids at all. I would take that as her not really wanting me there but feeling like she had to invite me knowing I would say I couldn't make it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I agree their wedding their rules. But not allowing a young breastfed baby to attend? That's just being a mean zealot.

Would your DH go without you? My brain says he should but my heart says it would be sweet if he told the couple he couldn't go as well. They might then learn how silly they are being.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

CleverClogs  (07-12-2013),FearlessLeader  (07-12-2013),LadyInWeighting  (07-12-2013),Little Boys Blue  (07-12-2013),LoveLivesHere  (07-12-2013),Mum2EandR  (07-12-2013),SAgirl  (07-12-2013),smallpotatoes  (07-12-2013),twotrunks  (07-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't spoken with DH about it yet as he's away on a bucks party this weekend.

I assume he will go, but then it all depends what happens closer to the time, since the wedding is 7hrs drive away, I'm not sure if he would go there on his own or if we would all go and I'd just stay in the hotel. I'd love him not to go to prove a point, haha, but I don't think that will happen.

It also depends how I am coping with 2 kids I guess (all new to me!) I struggled a lot with DS as a baby with depression and other issues so will have to see what happens.