+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC with anxiety/depression

Just wondering if there are any others out there that are ttc or are planning on ttc in the next few months that also have anxiety or depression.
    A bit about me: I had severe anxiety and depression in my first and only pregnancy so far. Such a terrible time that I thought I would never do it again... But here I am planning on trying to do it all again in January. I can't believe that I've even gotten to this point but it is exciting if a little nerve wracking... I am struggling a bit with anxiety at the moment and have just started a new pregnancy friendly anti-anxiety med so hopefully that works and I can have a manageable pregnancy.

I'd love to hear from others in a similar situation and share the journey with you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm not planning on having anymore but also had a rough time in my last 2 pregnancies with anxiety and PND and wanted to cheer you on and reassure you that at least this time round you will be prepared and have support systems and plans in place to deal with things as they arise. I'm sure things will be far better and less traumatic with your second pregnancy than your first. Xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

CookingMonster  (06-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you that is lovely to hear. So reassuring Yes I am more prepared this time and will see my doctor regularly to keep on top of things. I still very afraid to tell people about my anxiety so I need to try to overcome that to get the support I need. I think that even the thought of getting pregnant is making me anxious but I was so sick last time. I just don't want to let it stop me having the family that I want.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CookingMonster For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (06-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just make sure you have drs and people around you that are aware of your history and can give you the right support. You most definitely shouldn't let it stop you from having the family you want. It's just an illness, same as diabetes or epilepsy and like women that suffer those, you just have to have plans and systems to deal with things if they arise. My first pregnancy I suffered deliberating anxiety but with my second the anxiety wasn't so bad but I suffered much more severe depression so things may be different for you as well. Xx good luck and have fun ttc

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

CookingMonster  (06-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump for the daytime crowd