+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We haven't had our nurse interview yet as we need to see dr B one more time to sign consent forms etc then we can book in for nurse interview ( which I am guessing may be early jan now)
    Yes I'm finding it hard to accept that I don't have complete control of how my family pans out and yes I thought I would be in a different position to where I am now x
    Oh and yes I have frustratingly longer cycles too, around 41 days atm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's good to hear niki gives some confidence lol
    I was abit worried about how anything would happen if there were no medications regulating my cycle
    Did they give you any progesterone meds when you found our you were pregnant
    I hate that my cycles are longer instead of waiting 4 weeks to try it ends up being six

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also has anyone used the robitussin to help with cervical mucous, I have heard abit about it and will try this month

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing a natural FET cycle right now. I did medicated last cycle. Here is what I know:

Medicated - CD1 of menstrual cycle start taking prognoyva 3 times a day. Scan will be scheduled for CD14 approx to check your lining. It needs to be above 6mm if it isn't they will increase the prognoyva . If it is then transfer is sceduled. Start taking crinone ect approx 5 days before ET.

Natural - CD1 of cycle call in. Scan scheduled for CD13/14 to check lining. Depending on what you have to transfer ie 5 day blastocyst they will get you to trigger with ovidrel 5 days before ET similar to a stim cycle but this time there is no EPU. I also started taking provera 4 days before ET. I also used pregnyl injection twice one the day before ET and one 4 days later. Crinone ect started 5 days before ET.

Good luck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharlee32 For This Useful Post:

miissalina  (07-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you sharlee 😊 starting to understand the process a lot better

Thanks
    Reviews
    I learnt a bit more about the frozen cycle today @miissalina. I had my scan today to see where I'm at with my cycle. My lining was good and I had a 20mm follicle so they sent me for a BT straight away to see if I'd had my LH surge. I hadn't so I've got to do ovulation tests tomorrow and Wed mornings and if I haven't surged by then, I'll have to have another BT. The nurse said once I've ovulated they'll do the transfer 2 days later because my embys were frozen at d2. Fingers crossed I can have a transfer before the weekend!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting 😊 fingers and toes crossed for you, reading ur post I was getting excited about ur transfer , it seems not as invasive as I expected you hear all these things and assume ivf is this drug controlled roller coaster every month that you try (it's still a rollercoaster) just not as drug controlled as ppl make it out to be its good to no it's abit more natural than the stereo type. How did you find the TWW the first time??

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    5rounds of clomid with BFN
    Starting IVF jan 2014@ WFS

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so much happier this time around not being as "drugged up" Although having said that I was lucky not to have too many side effects from the medication. I am TERRIFIED of needles though, my amazing DH jabbed me while I put a pillow over me head and giggled like some kind of maniac! Haha

It'll all be worth it in the end though

I found the 1st week of the wait fine but struggled in week 2. Part of that was that a few things at work got the better of me (I'm a high school teacher)!

Thanks for being excited for me! It is exciting- maybe my "frostie the snow-emby" will stick around for Christmas

How are you feeling about starting your cycle in Jan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that would just make ur Xmas 😊 I'm hoping we conceive naturally before xmass lol but I don't think it'll happen (would be nice though) I'm abit nervous obviously doing a lot of google searches which sometimes scares me even more, did you find the inj played with ur moods, I don't think I'll be giving myself the inj either although I'm a nurse I somehow can't bring myself to jab myself
    I'm also struggling with the hole who do I tell about doing ivf I have a girl i went to uni with who never hesitated to tell us her second child was an ivf baby but I worry about how it mite affect a child or other children saying things… upsets me to even think about it.
    I do tend to over think things so I maybe looking into it to far, I guess because I've only just come to accept ivf is what we need to do I feel as though ppl may negatively judge me
    Along with being nervous I'm also very much excited it's been so so long of this is the month I no it is and finding out nope yet again so I'm ready to make it happen (I think ) my rambling may seem otherwise 😊

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    5rounds of clomid with BFN
    Starting IVF jan 2014@ WFS

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I was very conscious of my moods- when I felt like I might have been reacting to something in an irrational way I try to take a step back and re-group.

The worst side-effect I had was getting really hot and having trouble with my breathing when I tried to run (I love running and that really got to me).

We have told a few people about the IVF. It really helps so that people are a bit more sensitive and also understand if you need to change plans etc depending on where you are in a cycle. I have a god daughter who's an IVF baby- she's about to start kinder next year. I don't think she gets treated any differently to her little sister who came along naturally.

You just have to do what feels right for you, but it is nice to have a support network to vent to if you need it. Feel free to vent/ramble to me any time you need to 😊

P.s. I'm currently sitting I the waiting room to have another blood test (another reason it's good to tell some people- because I should be at work but they're covering for me, which is tricky when you need to be in front of a class). They think I be surging!! Exciting!