+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Frozen ivf cycle

I am due to start first round of ivf in jan 2014 at westmead fertility
    I will be doing antagonist cycles
    My FS said if the fresh cycle does not work the frozen cycles will not be drug controlled as in inj ect
    I'm abit confused as to how they will know when to transfer the frozen embryo especially since my cycle is all over the place with having mild pco
    Anyone that could help would be great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I've never posted before so I hope this works!!

I'm at the early stages of a frozen cycle (my 1st transfer was unsuccessful). All I had to do was call the clinic when I got my period, they faxed a prescription to my chemist for some tablets that I had to take from days 2 to 6 of my cycle. I gather they are supposed to make me ovulate. I have a scan on Monday (CD12) to see where I'm at and I assume I'll get some idea of when the transfer will happen.

I hope that helps 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    That def makes more sense I was thinking there's no way they just let me be on my own and then do a transfer they'll have to be giving me something, my FS also said that frozen cycles tend to be more successful than the fresh as there not as controlled and less stress on the body
    Thank you 😊😊

When are you starting your frozen cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, I'm having my first round of IVF with WFC in Jan too. I'm pretty sure you have blood tests and ultrasounds every few days leading up to ovulation so they can track exactly where your body is up to. Who is your FS if you don't mind me asking ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bel24666,

My FS is Ashley fong I've been told she is abit more conservative then some FS
    I started at next gen fertilty 2 years ago fixed DH tried clomid 5 months as I have mild pco had lap for mild endo but no luck next gen was abit expensive for us as we don't have private health so far westmead fert has been good
    Who are you seeing??
    How have you found them??
    My nurses appointment is next Tuesday 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are seeing Dr Bradbury. She also seems pretty conservative but very nice. We have been TTC for 2 years, 6 months clomid, ruptured ectopic and PCOS. Can't wait for Jan as I have been keen for IVF for a long time (and knew my chances without were slim) but hubby took a while to warm to the idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's exciting for you 😊
    Fingers crossed
    I was the opposite I have only just started to accept the idea of ivf, DH has always been let's go for it , I think I always thought it would happen naturally and get the suprise BFP , ivf wasn't even a thought that crossed my mind so it guess it's taken some getting use to the more I learn about the process the more accepting I am. I am 26 and in my plan should have been a mother of 3 by now , just goes to show you can't plan EVERYTHING
    How have you found the nurses have you been to your nurses interview yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    That's exciting for you ������
    Fingers crossed
    I was the opposite I have only just started to accept the idea of ivf, DH has always been let's go for it , I think I always thought it would happen naturally and get the suprise BFP , ivf wasn't even a thought that crossed my mind so it guess it's taken some getting use to the more I learn about the process the more accepting I am. I am 26 and in my plan should have been a mother of 3 by now , just goes to show you can't plan EVERYTHING
    How have you found the nurses have you been to your nurses interview yet?
    IVF certainly screws with your plans!! We too though getting pregnant would be easy (I should have an 18mth old and another on the way if it was) and learning that IVF was our only option in March this year was a terrible blow.

Natural FET's are very popular and have great success, as someone else said, they do ultrasounds and bloods to track your cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a frozen cycle with no drugs. I had to call once I started my period and then was told when to start having blood test to track my ovulation. I ended up having blood tests for 5 days. My FS also believes that frozen is much more successful then fresh. I've fallen pregnant both ways and currently 20 weeks from my frozen cycle.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Niki01 For This Useful Post:

miissalina  (07-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cycle seems to drag each section of my cycle seems to go a few days longer than normal my hormones rant abnormal but they are always more on the lower side I guess I'm comparing what my next gen FS told me to what westmead FS tells me I guess I'll have to be patient and wait to see
    I found it very difficult to accept ivf may be what we need but it helps to talk to people going through the same thing I am a nurse and have a lot of patients who are doing ivf but that's abit diff as I don't talk about my personal experiences with them