+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Donating an embryo

I have one embryo left after undergoing ivf and I think the time has come to donate it.

Can anyone please advise the right way to go about this, eg places to contact for potential recipients etc?

Thankyou.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would recommend joining Egg Donation Australia forum, it is a wealth of knowledge and very supportive. Well done for wanting to donate, I have donated my eggs and it is a rewarding experience. All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mabey - how very generous of you. The IVF clinic you went through should have a donor coordinator who can provide you with advise.

I know of a woman who is currently in a 2ww and will find out in the next couple of days, having travelled all the way to Barbados for a donor embryo. So good on you for considering the donor route. It would prevent people such as her having to literally go to the ends of the earth in the pursuit of motherhood.
    Last edited by laned; 17-12-2013 at 23:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there
    I am looking for an embryo donor
    Please contact me if you are still interested in donating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing as interested. We are currently deciding on what to do. .. our clinic s policy is to destroy embies... so no donor coordinator.... so where do we go to if we want to donate to another couple or for research? ?? We have 12 frosties left.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Katiana, looking at your signature you had one hell of an IVF battle. As above, I would contact Egg Donors Australia for some help. Your clinic cannot destroy them without your consent. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If your clinic else t let you donate I imagine another clinic would happily sign you up to take them. It's a great thing to do.

You need consent of both parents, if it was created using donor sperm it's doubtful you would be able to as there's a limit on the number of families.

I know a friend who reviewed a donor embryo and her daughter is very much loved.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello there I just popped in to see how you are going with your journey of thinking about donating your little snow embryos I would love to chat with you as im searching for embryos too thanksjojo