+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Apparently electricity companies have to put you on a hardship payment plan if it comes to not being able to pay. They match each payment you make, or something along those lines. I've never experienced it personally but if you spoke to a supervisor from the electricity company, or maybe even the ombudsman if they won't budge, you might get some more info.

Have you taken advances through your ftb (if you receive it).

Could you contact local charities? They will give out woolies vouchers. Some will help you with bills as well.

I'm sorry you are having such a tough time. I hope things improve soon!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So sorry op how stressful. Electricity prices are just crazy. It almost unaffordable for some people. You can only cut down on usage so much.

Hope the salvos will help, st vincent de paul offer vouchers etc too i believe as well as some church groups. Try and stay positive, can you or dh do any overtime at work to get the bills out of the way and start fresh? Do you budget usually for bills before they come in? xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Try a church pantry. They have extra food this time of year and try to give to anyone who asks. Google to find out where they might be. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The salvo's helped a friend of mine with an $800 power bill. Give them a ring and they'll send someone over to have a chat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Hugs. Totally get where you are coming from. I called up to get an extension a few weeks ago. A guy asked why i couldnt afford all my bill in one go. I tols him i just couldnt unless he could put food on the table for the fortnight. Then he asked if i worked and i said yes and he bought it back to asking why i couldnt afford it all when i worked.

Glad they have lowered your payments for a few weeks to make things a lil easier. Hope the new year bring a bit of extra money in too.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh sorry to hear you're in this position.

Thankfully I've never been in that situation, however if I was you I'd get back on the phone to the power company and ask if there is anything at all they can do. Maybe write off the final bill or temporarily stop your payment plan for a couple of months and start it again in the new year. What's the worst they can say? No?

I'd give it a go. The hard part would be you need to be a persistent person. If they say no a few times, say things like 'please, there must be something you can do to help me and my children' or 'are you sure there are no other options because we are really struggling' and ask to speak to a team lead or supervisor if you're not getting the answers you want - and keep going higher from there if need be.

You don't ask you don't get is my theory, and power companies can do A LOT more to help their customers out than people think.

All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Money is the one thing that really stresses me out. That's good reg the power company. I would also be visiting the salvos- my Mum just helped (through her work) wrap and put together all the bundles and gifts. I think your DD would love some of the toys they have bundled up. It's ok to ask for help, in fact it's comendable and I'm sure in the future, you'll give back in your own way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooops sorry I missed the part where you sorted out help with the power company. Glad to hear, hope it will make it a little easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take a look at https://www.moneysmart.gov.au/managi...-utility-bills there's contact details for agencies who can provide once off rebates/vouchers for utilities. May also be able to help out with Christmas as well. Glad they were at least being some what helpful on the last call.. It's hard not being able to cover the basics

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just*Ace, I have just sent you a pm...