+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Feel like I'm drowning....vent

I just need to vent, I'm home alone crying my eyes out with no one to whinge to.
    We are struggling so much with money lately. There is nothing left to cut back on our bills are taking it all. I have a payment arrangement to pay off the $1200 power bills we were getting at our last house, $165 a fortnight (a lot of money when on low income), next fortnight was meant to be $95 and the last installment and I was so happy to have an extra $50 before Xmas. Now I just spoke to the power company who have told me that didn't include my final bill so now still have to pay the $165 a fortnight till February PLUS now I have to pay an extra $70 a fortnight for power for our new house. I should be grateful we have the opportunity to pay it off but I don't know how I'm going to find this extra money. I hate feeling sick checking my accounts or my mail, it's the worse feeling. I feel like I'm drowning in all these bills, this is going to be a miserable Xmas....I know it's such a petty stupid vent but I'm just so down at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Im sorry you are having a hard time If it makes you feel better we are in the same position. $50 a f/n for our old place and dh agreed to pay $250 a week for our new bill which was $1200. That leaves absolutely nothing for us either It bloody sucks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    Im sorry you are having a hard time If it makes you feel better we are in the same position. $50 a f/n for our old place and dh agreed to pay $250 a week for our new bill which was $1200. That leaves absolutely nothing for us either It bloody sucks
    I'm sorry you are going through this too *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Bills Suck - they really really do. We are expecting a $1200 power bill to arrive two days before christmas and have no idea where the money is going to come from.

I am sure you will have a wonderful christmas, my favourite christmas memory was the day spent at the beach with a sausage sizzle!!

I am so sorry this is causing such distress. Not much anyone can say really apart to let you know your not alone, we wish you all the best and it will eventually pass.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    Bills Suck - they really really do. We are expecting a $1200 power bill to arrive two days before christmas and have no idea where the money is going to come from.

I am sure you will have a wonderful christmas, my favourite christmas memory was the day spent at the beach with a sausage sizzle!!

I am so sorry this is causing such distress. Not much anyone can say really apart to let you know your not alone, we wish you all the best and it will eventually pass.
    Thanks. I know no one can really say or do anything to fix it, but it's just good to get it out. DH just doesn't understand of comprehend how bad the situation is, I guess he will when all he gets to eat next week is bread and noodles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Just*Ace View Post
    Thanks. I know no one can really say or do anything to fix it, but it's just good to get it out. DH just doesn't understand of comprehend how bad the situation is, I guess he will when all he gets to eat next week is bread and noodles!
    DP knows we are in trouble when he sees me upside down in the deep freezer only to bring out some sort of frozen chunk of something!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (05-12-2013)

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not petty at all!!!

Money stress sucks.

Do you have ANY money allocated for xmas?

Can you sit down and write a budget friendly menu for xmas day? Then get bits and pieces in your regular shop??

How old are your kids?

If young they wont be hard to please - Colouring books / new pencils. Some MUMMY TIME vouchers - Ie - this voucher is good for 2 hours of play with mummy of your choice' etc.

After xmas lunch a nice family trip to the park / beach ?

I know this doesn't help with debt but you can still have good xmas.

Also is there any light at end of tunnel ie credit card debt you are paying - once gone that's extra money etc

Hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForWine View Post
    Its not petty at all!!!

Money stress sucks.

Do you have ANY money allocated for xmas?

Can you sit down and write a budget friendly menu for xmas day? Then get bits and pieces in your regular shop??

How old are your kids?

If young they wont be hard to please - Colouring books / new pencils. Some MUMMY TIME vouchers - Ie - this voucher is good for 2 hours of play with mummy of your choice' etc.

After xmas lunch a nice family trip to the park / beach ?

I know this doesn't help with debt but you can still have good xmas.

Also is there any light at end of tunnel ie credit card debt you are paying - once gone that's extra money etc

Hugs
    Thanks so much for your reply, it means a lot that people bother to reply to my sooking!
    No money allocated for Xmas unfortunately with moving and car rego we actually had to take out one of those short term loans with ridiculously high interest so paying that back as well. Although at least in a 5 weeks that will be gone! No credit cards.
    Xmas lunch is at SIL's which is one relief, although we have to bring a main and a dessert plus put in money for the meat!
    DD is 3.5, so will be very happy with cheap things luckily. There is some things she is asking Santa for that I will feel so bad if I don't get for her.
    I think I'm just so miserable because I was so looking forward to the payments stopping and having that extra $50 next pay, now I know, never get my hopes up!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That does sound very stressful Can you sell anything on your local buy sell page on FB? I have also seen people ask for (and receive heaps of responses) if they have excess fruit and veges from the home gardens? I know we always do and am happy to give it away as opposed to it going to waste. I don't know if you get Centrelink payments but can you apply for their advance payment?

Also,kids are so darn happy with whatever you do at Christmas. I think you could honestly do sausage in a bun and are allowed some morning choccies and they would think it was amazing!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Aquillah For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just got all out bills as well..... We put money aside for all of our bills each week but saying good bye to $4000 that we will never see again sucks balls. Stupid bills!!