+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by River Song View Post
    I wouldn't like my husband to be living 8 hours away when I was pregnant/have a young baby.

I want my family to be together...and if he is 8 hours away, to me...that is not together.

I would think about all the time he would miss with me and bubs and how much I would miss him. How will he bond with bubs if he lives 8 hours away.

I am not insecure, but I want my hubby to be home with our family.
    Oh thanks for the non-attack on being insecure, this is pretty much how I feel also. He is already missing little milestones (like baby kicking etc). So imagine when baby is here. I have said to him a few times, that HE is my FAMILY now. We are a family, so this decision would be really hard on that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by JAUSMROS View Post
    Oh thanks for the non-attack on being insecure, this is pretty much how I feel also. He is already missing little milestones (like baby kicking etc). So imagine when baby is here. I have said to him a few times, that HE is my FAMILY now. We are a family, so this decision would be really hard on that.
    I am sorry if you took my post as an attack. It was not meant that way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    I am sorry if you took my post as an attack. It was not meant that way.
    No offence taken, I probably worded my initial post wrong, by focusing on the fact his ex was there and the girls there etc. It just doesn't sit right with me BUT it isn't the REASON I wouldn't want him to go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    More so it would feel like he isn't prioritising his family. Money isn't everything, there also needs to be the physical aspect, and a phone call or two a day isn't my ideal relationship future if that makes sense. I understand hes doing it for us, but I work full time, so hes not exactly supporting my lifestyle or my living.

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JAUSMROS View Post
    No one in here attacked you!! You asked for an opinion. I gave mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think he is being unreasonable.

You're expecting a baby now, he needs to compromise! It's not the time to be reconsidering a move 8 hours away, especially since you say he's been able to get work in your current location!

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Will you be going back to work after your baby or will you stay home a while? Could you all move up there? I agree the whole family should stay together where possible. but I think it's also really important that your partner is happy with his work too. Little babies are mega stressful; having a stressful job that you don't like on top of that and he might find it really really hard to deal with work stress and be able to support you properly as well.
    Last edited by FearlessLeader; 05-12-2013 at 12:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Timeforwine, It's all good, I put myself out there. FearlessLeader, I will probably go back to work after 6 months. We will see what happens, I probably shouldn't hold him back if hes that unhappy - and whatever will be will be

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JAUSMROS For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Would if be a fly in fly out job? So he would be home once a fortnight or whatever? It is hard, I guess he was a mine worker when you met him so unless you both agree he is going to change jobs then I don't know that it is fair.

In saying that I would not want a FIFO relationship so would probably consider moving to the small town and trying to make a life there as a family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    Would if be a fly in fly out job? So he would be home once a fortnight or whatever? It is hard, I guess he was a mine worker when you met him so unless you both agree he is going to change jobs then I don't know that it is fair.

In saying that I would not want a FIFO relationship so would probably consider moving to the small town and trying to make a life there as a family.
    No, it wouldn't be fly out he'd just get home when he could (probably once a month or so). I only knew him for 2 weeks before he uprooted and moved to Brisbane and that's were we have been since, so its not like I met him with a career in mines and told him to leave it. I even remember at the time distinctly telling him, it was his choice not in any way pressured by me - but he said he couldn't handle being away (ahh the honeymoon period ). I have discussed the moving there thing, but he doesn't want me to.