+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sleep routine

I have a 3 week old who dosnt sleep well at night. Should I start a sleep routine this early? And if yes whats a good example of a routine please. Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We started a sleep routine at about 2 weeks old for DS. Every night we gave him a bath, bottle, massage then bed. For night time feeds, I would only turn the small lamp on in the nursery and kept noise to a minimum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I started as soon as we got home from the hospital. Helping her realise day/night with a bath etc.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I started as soon as we got home from the hospital. Helping her realise day/night with a bath etc.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I did the same with ds. Dd I waited until 10wks and had a complete meltdown in the mean time.

Ds worked on a 1hr 15mins awake then 2hr 15mins sleep kinda routine. I never fed to sleep, he would have a feed when he woke, we'd have 'play' time, then off to sleep after that.
    The we went to 1 1/2hr awake 2hr sleep etc

HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Curby View Post
    We started a sleep routine at about 2 weeks old for DS. Every night we gave him a bath, bottle, massage then bed. For night time feeds, I would only turn the small lamp on in the nursery and kept noise to a minimum
    Oh and also did this too

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long did it take for your routines to start working and taking hood effect?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    By 4 weeks old he only woke once or twice a night and usually around the same time. By about 6 weeks he was sleeping through the night. He's 6 and a half months old now and still sleeps through the night and I could count on one hand the number of times he's woken up since he started sleeping through

Thanks
    Reviews
    With dd started at 10wks, it took prob a month for it to really be easy as, and she started sleeping through at about 3 1/2 months.
    Ds was in it from day dot, so he just naturally did it (and thrived on it, he gained weight from the minute he left hospy) he took longer to sleep through, but he was always a hungry bub. (He was drinking 150ml by 3wk old :0) I think he slept through around 4 1/2 months.
    Dd is 28m and ds is 15m, and I NEVER has issues with naps or bedtime. They know bed means bed and they know that at certain times they do certain things
    For me, it makes life soooooooo much easier