+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Have you thought second hand? Gumtree etc. People always getting rid of them!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    They are still about $1500

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    24 months and 2 weeks between my two. I've never had a double. For the first few months DS2 was in a wrap or an ergo. Then he was in the pram and DS2 walked (which he'd done for the most part since before DS2 was born anyway - I had encouraged it because I didn't want a double pram). I then took the ergo out with me so if DS1 genuinely was tired and couldn't walk, I'd put one of them in the ergo and one I the pram. Honestly, unless I was walking for more than a couple of hours, it was never a problem. There was a handful of times I had to carry one and push the pram with the other. I haven't done it since DS2 was about 9 months old (he's now 17 months).

I'm lucky in that DS1 isn't a runner, prefers to walk, likes holding onto or pushing the pram and is fairly sensible in carparks and near roads.
    This is pretty much my plan - glad to hear it works!! I will probably wait til I have the baby and see how I go for a while, I can always buy another pram later I guess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
    24 months and 2 weeks between my two. I've never had a double. For the first few months DS2 was in a wrap or an ergo. Then he was in the pram and DS2 walked (which he'd done for the most part since before DS2 was born anyway - I had encouraged it because I didn't want a double pram). I then took the ergo out with me so if DS1 genuinely was tired and couldn't walk, I'd put one of them in the ergo and one I the pram. Honestly, unless I was walking for more than a couple of hours, it was never a problem. There was a handful of times I had to carry one and push the pram with the other. I haven't done it since DS2 was about 9 months old (he's now 17 months).

I'm lucky in that DS1 isn't a runner, prefers to walk, likes holding onto or pushing the pram and is fairly sensible in carparks and near roads.
    I too am planning on doing this and am happy to hear it works. DS will be 27 months old when baby arrives. I love my MB Swift and don't want to trade it for a double pram. It fits everywhere and is so easy to manoeuvre. Thinking of buying either an Ergo or Manduca and getting the little skateboard that has a seat on it too for when baby needs to go in the pram. I've been letting DS walk alongside the pram for a while now and he's pretty good but he is still a runner. My only dilemma is this set up is not going to allow me to put the MB bassinet or car capsule on and I used those so much for DS in the early days!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had the bugaboo too when Ds1 was 2.5 yrs and Ds2 was born. I tried the skateboard but hated it as I had to stand to the side. I used the sling, but more after he was 6m.
    I bought a $200 umbrella double (in front of each other) stroller and it was the best thing ever! Slim enough to get through the shops (only quick shops, I used the double trolleys for big shops) and awesome for trips to the local park.
    It wasn't the best pram, but earlier on I did buy/sell a double pram and compared to the bugaboo, it was huge!

(I can't remember the brand of the umbrella double, but the front had a bucket seat and the back reclined from lying to sitting up for new borns onwards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JesskaMay View Post
    This is pretty much my plan - glad to hear it works!! I will probably wait til I have the baby and see how I go for a while, I can always buy another pram later I guess
    Honestly, I'd wait and see how you go. I managed even while recovering from a c-section. Like you said, you can always buy one.