+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Do I need a double pram?

DS is 20 months and I am 19 weeks pregnant with my 2nd
    DS will pretty much be exactly two by the time the baby arrives.

I have a bugaboo bee at the moment, which I love, but now I'm concerned I may need a double pram for my two tiny tots! I was planning on wearing the baby on short trips, and buying a skateboard for my two year old for longer trips but I have no idea what to do!

Can you please tell me about your experiences with two kiddies and possibly recommend me a great double pram?? Thanks in advance

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ds was 23 months when dd arrived, I walk the dogs and kids every day so I chose the donkey for my walking pram or big day trips. Then had the bee + ergo in the car for quick trips and eventually the bee with skateboard when dd was in the seat.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've got the donkey it's a great pram.only have one child at moment, am thinking of getting something cheaper for a quick trip pram though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have the bee and donkey!!! My age gap will be smaller but I love the donkey as I can make it single or double. Plus its fantastic to steer.

Then for short trips as you suggested I will use the bee. But I dont drive so will just more than likely be donkey unless df has one bub on his own or vice versa.

Cant beat a bugaboo!!!!! This is my fourth pram

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't really think my hubby is gonna let me buy a donkey as my bee is fairly new, I sold my cameleon to buy it so pretty sure he would die if I even suggested that we buy another one lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you thought second hand? Gumtree etc. People always getting rid of them!

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    26mths between my youngest 2 & i brought a strider compact with 2nd seat.

I have had both of them in it at least 6 times a week since march so i reckon thats pretty useful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    24 months and 2 weeks between my two. I've never had a double. For the first few months DS2 was in a wrap or an ergo. Then he was in the pram and DS2 walked (which he'd done for the most part since before DS2 was born anyway - I had encouraged it because I didn't want a double pram). I then took the ergo out with me so if DS1 genuinely was tired and couldn't walk, I'd put one of them in the ergo and one I the pram. Honestly, unless I was walking for more than a couple of hours, it was never a problem. There was a handful of times I had to carry one and push the pram with the other. I haven't done it since DS2 was about 9 months old (he's now 17 months).

I'm lucky in that DS1 isn't a runner, prefers to walk, likes holding onto or pushing the pram and is fairly sensible in carparks and near roads.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Moxy For This Useful Post:

JesskaMay  (05-12-2013)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just under13mths between my two and I have a mb duet sude by side. Also have a kinder wagon hop on order to keep in the car.