+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Some advise please anyone

Hi, started stim today after last cycle cancelled to low estrogen, today is period day 2 but day one if stims, the ladies T concept said I am good to go ahead but must understand that if I'm not ready for surgery by the 16th my cycle will be called off, does it not seem impossible that I will be ready and have implantation in 12 days, I'm worried already about starting this thinking a cycle is about three weeks min is it not, any advise please : / thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I imagine by the surgery they're referring to your egg collection? That doesn't have anything to do with implantation so not sure if I've understood you correctly.

If you're starting stims today you should be ready for egg collection by then. Most people wouldn't stim for longer than 2 weeks-ish.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peoniesarepretty For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (04-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends what stim cycle you are doing - are you doing antagonist, sandwich antagonist or down reg?

I am a little confused though, are you doing a full cycle with egg pick up then a fresh transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It really shouldn't matter if you're doing down reg or antagonist. I read it as starting stims today - if you're doing down reg you would've already done that part before you start stimming. The stim bit should still take a similar amount of time as if you were doing antagonist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for reply ladies and sorry I was unclear as it's all over my head and think I'm freaking out a bit, so I started gonal f today on 250, last time I was on gonal f 100 so I have jumped up a bit, I go for an ultrasound and scan on Monday, when my follicles reach 14mm I'll start certitude then when ever I am as idea they will give me a trigger and then collection when I'm ready, so I'm thinking this seams near impossible to get done in 12 days does it not? I'm not using frozen or donor sperm, and we are doing pgs ivf if that makes any difference, also with the egg implantation it it the same procedure than the collection?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you mean the embryo transfer? Implantation usually refers to it burrowing in & attaching, which is what we want to happen!
    The transfer is a much simpler procedure than the egg collection, it's not a surgical procedure - is like a Pap smear. But if their clinic & facilities are shutting down for the year on 16th (is that what this is about?) then I can't see how they'll fit transfer in. If you're doing PGD perhaps you're not having a transfer straight away anyway?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peoniesarepretty View Post
    It really shouldn't matter if you're doing down reg or antagonist. I read it as starting stims today - if you're doing down reg you would've already done that part before you start stimming. The stim bit should still take a similar amount of time as if you were doing antagonist.
    Of course!! I did down reg for my first cycle which was awhile ago and all I remember was it took ages!! Arghh

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you should ask them on Monday to assess honestly the likelihood of getting to egg collection by 16th.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for spelling mistakes, hope I make sense now a bit. I'm just thinking why would I start if they close theatre on the 16/17th giving me 12 days to be ready? And my cancelled cycles are still costing me near $1000 and the time I'm off work doing scans and bloods, she said my dr said we may be ready and hopefully I am but just left wondering with everything I have to do if anyone has ever gone through the process that quick x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rtropps View Post
    Thanks for reply ladies and sorry I was unclear as it's all over my head and think I'm freaking out a bit, so I started gonal f today on 250, last time I was on gonal f 100 so I have jumped up a bit, I go for an ultrasound and scan on Monday, when my follicles reach 14mm I'll start certitude then when ever I am as idea they will give me a trigger and then collection when I'm ready, so I'm thinking this seams near impossible to get done in 12 days does it not? I'm not using frozen or donor sperm, and we are doing pgs ivf if that makes any difference, also with the egg implantation it it the same procedure than the collection?
    I started on gonal f today too, but I am doing sandwich antagonist (cetrotide for 5 extra days in the beginning) I did exactly what you are doing for my last stim cycle and it was 12 days exactly - pick up was Friday, transfer was the Monday after and all that involved was starting on the progesterone pessaries on the Sunday night!!

Are you doing the fresh transfer (a few days later) or a frozen? So in a month or 2?