+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    While I agree that the risk of listeria is low, it isn't unheard of. At least two people died this year and a woman miscarried due to eating cheese which contained listeria.

http://www.ausfoodnews.com.au/2013/0...atalities.html

Just be sensible without being over the top and you should be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree. It's not as rare as PP have been claiming. There have been several outbreaks this year from Australian, pasteurised cheeses.

Also, someone earlier stated that it's not like pregnancy increases your likelihood of getting it. This is wrong. Actually that is exactly the case - reduced immune system in pregnancy does make you more susceptible to things like this. But mainly it's the impact rather than the risk that's the issue. It might just make someone else feel a bit ill, but could make me lose my baby. That was my reason for caution. There is no need to be ridiculous & not eat ANYTHING, but do read the guidelines & be aware. Just don't let it stress you out too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with LindsayWA - the amt of stressing you are doing over this is going to be worse than any cut watermelon you have consumed!

As I said in my other lengthy post to you on this topic hun, and as per everyone's advice already given, there are less foods you should steer clear of than what you can actually eat. Relax, and dig into healthy, fresh, foods! It really is so simple!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try to make informed choices and calculate the risk. I understand your fear, I really do.
    Just make sure anything you east is piping hot.
    Cheddar and treaty cheeses are ok, its tge brie/blue etc that are dangerous.

I was so worried when utd with my ds....we ate at a buffet restraunt! I just watched, and ate the dishes as they came out fresh so they weren't siting at a dangerous temp, or weren't old..

Get a fresh pizza. The meat etc is cooked which will kill any germs.

Noodlebox, same thing.

Fresh cooked chinese

Toasted sandwhich, ask for out to be made fresh.

Grilled fish

Please try not to stress so much! The actual risk, is minimal. Yes it its there...but really, theres a chance of traffic accidents every day too, but we still venture out, and onto the roads

Stress or hunger is not ideal for your belly occupant either...just take a deep breath, and think logically im sure you will be fine if you make sensible choices!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone have any thoughts on artificial sugar? I was trying to cut sugar out of my diet to loose a few kilos. I was using the Natural Stevia. Given up on the weight loss I guess, but don't want to pack on excessive kilos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stevia should be fine, just try and steer clear of artificial sweeteners that are aspartame based, these are essentially toxic chemicals.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jojo00 For This Useful Post:

SammyC  (07-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend said when she was pregnant that the only thing she could have at the food court was cheeseburgers! Everything else was questionable.

Sent from my GT-I9210T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ate everything except prawns and soft cheese like brie..... I think ppl tend to over think things... just my opinion.... yes you need to be cautious but there is so much you can eat that's fine.. There are daily recommendations for what to eat in pregnancy and that should be the priority- make sure you eat the required nutrition to grow a healthy baby and be a healthy pregnant mum to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank-you everyone! I'm starting to get my head around the main things to avoid now & feeling a lot more relaxed about the whole thing.

What do you ladies think about buffets? I'm going to a sport club presentation night in the new year (DH is competing) & the food will most likely be a buffet dinner. It will be prepared specially for us (in the fuction room, not just left in the resturant for everyone etc). Does that sound ok? Are there specific things in buffets that I should avoid? I'll be announcing it by then, so do you think I can ask the waiters to bring out a fresh dish of something if necessary?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    Thank-you everyone! I'm starting to get my head around the main things to avoid now & feeling a lot more relaxed about the whole thing.

What do you ladies think about buffets? I'm going to a sport club presentation night in the new year (DH is competing) & the food will most likely be a buffet dinner. It will be prepared specially for us (in the fuction room, not just left in the resturant for everyone etc). Does that sound ok? Are there specific things in buffets that I should avoid? I'll be announcing it by then, so do you think I can ask the waiters to bring out a fresh dish of something if necessary?
    If the food is hot and reasonably freshly served I would eat it no worries. Enjoy x

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app