+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Short luteal phase??

So myself and dh have been trying for over 3 years now :-( and have done Ivf with no luck, we are doing herbs and acupuncture while we save for next round. My acupuncturist/herbalist told me to take temps to work out when I'm ovulating and it turns out I am ovulating quite late the thing is according to my temps I ovulated on day 18, it's now day 23 and I have just started spotting for my period! I also had a temp drop! This is ringing alarm bells for me because I seem to be having a super short luteal phase!! Does anyone have any tips on this? Could this be the reason I have had a chemical pregnancy? Please help!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The end of luteal phase ends when full red low starts so if its a few more days away it might be ok.
    With the chemical, from what I understand short luteal phase which usually means low progesterone will not even make implantation stage. So it must have been ok levels that month to even get pregnant

It's common mistake women make by thinking that their mc were caused by low progesterone. Yes the progesterone is low at time of miscarriage, but it had dropped because it has picked up something wrong with fetus
    B6 can help with luteal phase
    Last edited by Kazza78; 05-12-2013 at 07:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will likely get full flow in a day or 2 so that will be 7 days, would that be to short?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it does seem short. I think there are some threads here on bh that are about luteal phases.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am going to mention it to my acupuncturist and see if he can do anything and I been reading good things about b6 and vitex! It's just upsetting I wish it would happen already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do a full blood tracking to see what is happening with your progesterone levels. If you have low progesterone you need to use Crinone with your IVF cycles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi muzzy, I posted the same question 5 months ago. I used twice daily crinone, took B6 and did acupunture. I'm pleased to tell you that I'm currently 18wks from our third ivf cycle. Now, I can't say it was what made it work, but it was the only cycle where we mixed things up and achieved implantation.

Get a P4 level done when you start bleeding. My LP was about 9 days and on the first day of bleeding my prog was still up at 40.

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no experience with ivf but my luteal phase was short and I found vitex and mega b12 helped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Summer shine can I get that done at my gp? I don't think my fs will want to do it, I know when I mentioned something similar to him he just brushed it off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz I so hope I can be the same! This journey is horrible!!! :-(