+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Help with TT. Am getting desperate.

Hi, I hope someone can help. Ds has been toilet trained day & night for a little while now, he's happy to go to the toilet, and will go wee by himself.... now the problem is, he just won't poo in the toilet, potty or even a pull up. he just keeps it in for more than 7 days and his stomach gets bloated and even using coloxyl, movical, osmolax, or anything else like it doesn't help. We have been back and forth from the dr numerous times and he believes ds holds it in. I am beginning to believe it. Even if he has soft poo, he will hold it in but have seepage.. (sp?) it is really frustrating. I have tried reward charts, bribery, but nothing works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no help to give, except we are in the same boat.
    We give parachoc every morning, but he holds it in.
    I'm going to gp for his 4 yo check up soon. Going to get a referral to a counsellor or paed, but I'm pretty sure I will hear everything I already know.

We start to have a teensy bit of success then go about 10 steps backwards. And by success I mean he pushes a poo out at the table and then we are able to convince him to go yo the loo and let it drop in.
    We are with you in solidly going out of our minds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are starting to make ds1 sit on the toilet every night for 5 minutes. Even if he doesn't go, I am
    Trying desperately to normalise sitting on the toilet.
    We get ourselves into pickles when we are really ON to him. When we see him pushing we hassle him to go to the loo, and then he starts pulling it back in. Resulting in about 3 teensy poos a day and massive backup. Then we start getting desperate for him to go, and all our efforts are out the window as we are happy for him to poo his pants if he will at least get a god damn poo out.