+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Should I introduce a comforter?

My twins are 5 months old and so far will go to bed and self settle well. I've been given comfort toys for them and am wondering if I should start introducing them as a signal for bed or not bother. They obviously don't need them now but are they useful in the future when sleeping in different places etc? I don't want to create a 'need' but can see benefits too. Advice anyone?

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by NAT256; 04-12-2013 at 13:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing... 7mo DD is also good at self-settling most of the time, but I'm nervous about holidays etc. she'll have a couple of nights in her ports cot over the next couple of weeks, so hopefully she'll be fine. If not, the 2 week holiday we have planned next year will be a nightmare!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was great at self settling from very early and didn't have any comforter. But then she started daycare at 10months and could not settle and they suggested giving her one.

She has a muslin wrap at nap times and bedtimes and she loves it. It's amazing how much comfort that piece of material can give!

I'm not sure what will happen when the time comes to give it up - but for us and now (she is now 20months) it works

Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter has had a comforter since about four months. She's now three and still uses it as a safety. It goes to daycare, every bed time, when she wants a hug. It helped a little settling her but be warned - they get disgusting. Buy more than one and change them often so they all get worn together. We only have one and I'm terrified of her losing it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD's comforter is a pink muslin blanket. We have 3 so there's always one around somewhere!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We introduced one for our twins at about 4.5 months. They definitely use it to settle, when we were at sleep school we could see them rubbing it on their faces and playing with it until they went off to sleep. It helped us settle them on an overseas flight when they were. 9 months old and they still gave them now at 12 months. I hoping I'll he able to wean the dummies and just keep the comforter soon. We have two for each baby so they can be washed, they are called cuski's.
    It's a personal thing but I do think it helps provide comfort when you can't be there (esp with twins).