+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsharvey View Post
    I read this too. I'm glad they seem to have isolated a cause, but I can't help wondering the impact on a mum who has a baby take this blood test to be told they have a 'predisposition' to SIDS. You'd just never sleep! And, then what happens next? Can they cure it, or is it inevitable in these babies? So many questions!

I do like that it may be able to give some degree of peace to parents who have lost a baby to SIDS and have always wondered if they contributed to the death in some way.
    Personally I would rather know my baby had an increased risk, than not know. It presents an opportunity to potentially do something to prevent it happening. If your baby was tested at risk, I doubt that it would be inevitable. My guess is that several factors are at play with Sids, such as the environment with a blanket covering baby's face etc.

When my DD was new, I was one of those mums that religiously used a movement monitor. We had a few false alarms but we always got up & ran to check her. We would rather get to her within 15 seconds of stopping breathing & be able to attempt resuscitation than to get up in the morning & find out its far too late to save her.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snooze For This Useful Post:

IvyRain  (04-12-2013),peanutmonkey  (04-12-2013),Purple Lily  (04-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    There goes the AVN's theory about vaccines causing SIDS, wonder which link they will try and find next?
    If only I wasn't blocked from posting on their page!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (04-12-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    On a serious note, this is great news. A cause found will hopefully lead to prevention.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Cicho  (04-12-2013)