Closed Thread
Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 428290919293 LastLast
    Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We went with the Phil and Teds smart buggy for its compact size and versatility. It has the option to connect the capsule and has a bassinet and seat.

Nursery finally got finished painting today!!! Yay. Carpet goes down Wednesday and then we can start setting things up. At long long last we will have a babies room!

Going to start washing our mcns tomorrow, and starting sorting what I have for hospital bags today too :-) all happening!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Amps  (15-02-2014),Spidery  (15-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Spidery - I read the reviews on both, conflicting information. I see heaps of both these prams around where I live and travel to, like 1 out of every 3. I purchased the Agile on a really good special. I talked to the staff at babysrus about them and they haven't had any issues that the reviews claim re:back support. I played with the display model in the store and can see how some people might have a problem adjusting it properly, which would mostly be put down to impatience and having one hand more dominant than the other. I've not seen anyone complain about not enough support though.....not sure if this helps but we are happy with our choice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (15-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps did you buy the capsule bit as well? As was thinking since we are having a winter baby wanted something like a cover to keep baby warm but I have already got a capsule?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The problem with pram reviews Spidery is people are far more likely to go online to whinge about something than they are if they're happy with a product.

We bought a Steelcraft Acclaim reverse handle stroller. I love that it has a boot cover and other accessories included in the price. There's a substantial height difference between DH & I, but we were both comfortable pushing it around the store.

Reviews can be helpful, but at the end of the day if you have a good muck around with it in the shop and it suits your budget, then it's going to be the best pram for you

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (15-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have one friend due 2 Mar 14 over in Perth, another 2 friends in Adelaide one due 24Mar14 and the other one is having twins so due I think it's 31 May but likely to have Apr anyway, and then I'm 24 May so all pretty close just wish we lived closer!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spidery - yes we did buy the capsule as well, this whole process has been a series of "firsts" for the both of us. Dh basically left it up to me to choose but I did manage to take him in to the store to have a play too. We bought online though, much cheaper. We bought the Agile for price, weight and compactness, specifically to leave in my car for trips to town shopping etc..
    As Arlais said, if you can definitely go have a play in-store. We mucked around with others on display but kept going back to the Agile. Only negative is you can't fit a 2nd seat to it, but we figured if we got lucky enough, we would sort it out then.
    Last edited by Amps; 15-02-2014 at 19:00.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spidery I reckon best way is to have a go in store to fold them up, set them up and push it around (check how it manoeuvres through Isle and backing back through an isle if that feels good ask if they can help you check that it'll fit easily in your smallest car you'd use as this is where I found I'd have problems even though ours is a big car I already have a walker in there and found the pram I liked wheel base was bigger then my walker and it already takes up more then half the boot space. I didn't end up buying for that reason as hubby said it wasn't practice for us to have a pram. If we need something well get a stroller but otherwise I'm just strapping capsule and later a seat to my walker. Everyone has different needs, find different folding mechs easier or harder, we even push things different (I transfer too much weight down on handles so would need handles over rear wheels not further back as would flip pram).

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last coat of paint on cot today yay lucky he did it this morning as the rain came down hard this arvo and he wouldn't have started it in rainy weather plus it was really humid here this arvo. Anyway should be ready to put together and hopefully it goes together will no hassles or missing pieces as given to us already dismantled! :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay11 - I'm in awe of your craftiness! I love stamping etc and have lately been missing my monthly 'crafternoon' - aka ***** n stich session - as there is a mass baby thing going on! So it's lovely getting to admire your work here!

We bought a pram today- feels very early being only 22w but it was on sale -$150 off and DH has been set on this particular pram for ages. We got a baby jogger city versa. It's beautiful... But we had to squeeze to fit it in my little hatch. Lucky for me we are doing a car swap and I'm getting DHs jeep. ive decided to not wait on things I love after our shopping experience earlier in the day - the glider I have been eyeing for the last month, and which finally went on sale, has been discontinued. I turned up to layby and was told there was no chance of getting one at all. Was so bummed until I got our pram, just want to go wheeling it all over the neighborhood already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover that's funny you say that as I was only saying that to DH a couple days ago.. I really want to go to the movies as I can't see us going for a long time when bub comes..

Jay it's so freaky isn't it? Glad a few of us have experienced it... From what I've read it happens quite a bit and there's nothing to worry about.. I'll chat to my OB on Tuesday about it... You're so creative, it's fabulous!

Veritas that's very exciting with the painting done.. It's all happening...

We had our last birthing class at the hospital today.... Feel quite good about things.. Today was mainly about breast feeding and learnt lots.. Still haven't decided on whether to get the electric pump now or later... The midwife said the medela swing was the best one round or you can hire the hospital grade ones at some chemists.