Closed Thread
Page 91 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All!

I think when you stop working all depends on you and how you are feeling as well as the demands of your job. With DS I worked up to 12 days before my due date with no probs at all, was planning on doing the same this time but don't think I would have managed it. So pleased I stopped working back in Jan!!

I saw my OB this morning and he isn't the slightest bit concerned about the size of bub. He is happy with growth so far and doesn't see any issues even though bub is small. He still thinks bub could catch up between now and delivery. He has also started me on iron supplements but my GTT was fine.

I also had my first anti D shot - ouch! Completely forgot about them!! Have another at 34 weeks which I am not looking forward to.

Hope everyone is keeping well and taking some time out for themselves. If this is your first bub I can't recommend more strongly that you and your partner go to the movies and out to dinner etc now while you can - even if you don't really feel like it as you will miss that freedom later!!!

DH is taking DS and I for an early dinner for valentines day!! Hooray!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Amps  (14-02-2014),Arlais  (14-02-2014),Orchids  (14-02-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi lovelys,

Happy valentines day! Much to my surprise got spoilt with a delivery from Dp herself as I was leaving work. So lovely. DD is off to grans this arvo and I am getting taken out! Yay!!!

I wish I could finish up in a weeks time Arlais! Unfortunately finances have me working to 37 weeks. Although there are talks of voluntary redundancies ATM and I'm seriously contemplating. I've been so slack and haven't put my claim in with centre link for ppl yet, but does anyone know if you have to be actually employed at the time of receiving it or just meet the work test requirements??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Veritas I'm pretty sure you just have to meet the work test requirements - i.e. a certain amount of hours over 10 of the last 13 months - or something along those lines!

I haven't put my claim in yet either, that's on my "to do" list for next week.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I definitely meet those, so fingers crossed that's all it is! Ill call them early next week when I know more I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If someone could give me an exact date when bub would arrive I could happily work until the day before. I consider myself extremely lucky to have been blessed with such an easy pregnancy. Mentally though, I hate my job and if I don't get out of there, someone is going to be thrown from the heli-pad.

KJ-I've been feeling the same lately. I get really emotional thinking about baby's arrival and how soon it now is. 11 and a bit weeks sounds (and currently feels) like a lifetime away, but when I break it down it's so close. One pregnant lady at work finishes in 2 weeks, then another 2 weeks after her then me 3 weeks later then only 4 weeks to go. And, if bub doesn't turn (chances are it will) I'll be cheeky and ask for CS at 38wks, hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JJTiger View Post

Question and it's freaking me out a bit.. Has anybody had their Bubs shudder/shake? I've only had it a couple times and read online it can just be the little one stunned by something but it almost feels like it's having a seizure...
    I'm soooo glad you mentioned this as today this happened to my about 4 times in a row it was like my tummy on the right felt an earthquake but the rest of me was still .... Very weird and if you hadn't mentioned it I would have been freaked as it was like he was having a spasm. It also helped me relax knowing that last night hubby fell to sleep with hand on my belly as he was feeling super big kicks from Junior, and after the shudders the afternoon his kicks returned to normal.
    I'm 26weeks tomorrow
    & as sitting sewing on the sewing machine at the time make Junior a pillow case cover to match the quilt fish themed cover I made the other day.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1392374945.852914.jpg

Also managed to make a Valentines Card for hubby so a very productive day!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1392375000.582144.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1392375013.021116.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1392375025.066707.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow just found out this morning that a friend of mine who moved to Canada in the middle of last year is 19 weeks pregnant!

So IRL from January to August this year (except for March) one of my friends (and me!) will be having a baby. None of us even really spoke about trying to conceive last year, but 2014 is definitely turning out to be a year full of babies - talk about instant mothers group!!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    How lovely Arlais! We have three of us due within a week! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Brilliant news Arlais!
    Nothing like having a good support group.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies have a question struggling to pick a pram it is so overwhelming went today and thought I had a choice of two but got home to do some more research and the reviews were not very good the two I was looking at was the strider plus bad reviews about size and the other was the steel craft agile and bad reviews about poor back support for toddlers

Ladies what prams have you got and what would you recommend and why?
    Last edited by Spidery; 15-02-2014 at 16:33.