Closed Thread
Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Did you opt to have c-section or did you have to go in after trying naturally. I'm def asking for a growth scan later on knowing this, haha. Dh is terrified at the thought of c-section but I've told him it's better to plan one than endure a tough, complicated labour and require emergency caesar.
    I got to 40 weeks and he wasn't engaged at all - hadn't moved down into my hips and OB didn't think he would. OB ended up saying I would probably get to 42 weeks with no sign if labour, bub would be 2 weeks bigger, then be induced and labour wouldn't progress as no cervical pressure from bubs head so would end in high forceps delivery or emergency c section. Needless to say we opted for the planned C section at 40+2 and it was a breeze - DS was just shy of 10 pounds so glad I didn't wait another 2 weeks!!

I have friends who had c section after v long labour and there recovery was much harder than mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    10 pounds, oh my!! Are they expecting this bub to be big too Bedlover?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Talking to the OB tomorrow but last scan had this bub in the 7-15th percentile, so looking like the exact opposite! Will be a c section regardless so I would prefer this bub to be big too! Fingers crossed that the next 10 weeks bub stacks on the kgs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ I've had some of the shuddering, shaking movements too. This was discussed in my April group and the general consensus seems to be that it's part of bubs nervous system developing, which causes muscles to spasm, or sometimes bub will actually press on a nerve of yours which give you that shuddering feeling.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (13-02-2014),Ngaiz  (13-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally Juniors quilt cover is finished yippee
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1392268075.990123.jpg

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (13-02-2014),hwaterhouse  (14-02-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (13-02-2014),Wishnhope  (16-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks October and Arlais.. I'll definitely talk to my OB on Tuesday about it.. I was laying in bed when it just randomly happened.. Then DH said he felt it while I was sleeping.. Haven't had it happen since.. It freaked me out a bit..

Veritas that's interesting about acupuncture assisting with breech.. I'll have to keep that in mind if my Bubs doesn't turn..

Well I'm 29 weeks today!! 7 weeks of work to go...

Oh how good is this.... I got to my Pilates class last night and I was the only person there so I got 1 on 1 training Was great as she focused on my back pain and today I feel so much better...

Happy Friday everyone!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (14-02-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

32weeks today! Had check-up with ob yesterday, bellybean is right on track, sitting in right position, placenta is well out of the way, everything is looking great. I got to see baby stick tongue out and swallow .
    Had a cousin's partner give me all her old baby clothes yesterday. Holy hell, I so don't need any more. It's a mix of boys & girls, more girls as their daughter is older than their son who turned 1 yesterday. I'm feeling quite lucky right now as I didn't expect to receive much of anything from my family. I've not been particularly close to my cousins as they are all much younger than me and don't live close by. My Nana is getting really excited for us, she's been waiting a long time for this, I'm her oldest grand-daughter. My mum seems to have backed off a bit which I'm grateful for.
    I'm seriously considering starting my maternity leave earlier than I planned, maybe in 2 more weeks. I'm so over the crap and I know they are just using me for my knowledge on the weekends. I will discuss it with my ob when I see him again in a fortnight.

Hope you are all doing well and have something relaxing and enjoyable to look forward to for the weekend.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope all you lovely ladies have a good valentines day today.

In all the cramps, pain & aches and moans that come with Pregnancy I keep having these very excited moments that our little boy will be here in 16 weeks and I just can't stop smiling and coming to close to tears at the thought of meeting him....so so excited and some of you ladies will not have long to go now.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (14-02-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (14-02-2014),Orchids  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ Yes I had that baby shudder thing happen about a month ago and it felt very strange. I looked it up online and found it was really common which set my mind at peace. My iron levels have also gone down since last time and Ive been told by my midwife to eat more red meat. To tell you the truth I have been eating very little red meat during this pregnancy but think I can stomach it again.Amps I hear you about starting maternity leave early. After this week I have 3 weeks left which will bring me to 34 weeks but Ive decided to use some of my sick leave and take one day off every week. I think in the third trimester we all need to start taking it easy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Amps  (14-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've only got one more week to go at work after today before I go on maternity leave and I'm sooooooo looking forward to it!! I always thought that I would work as long as possible up to the due date before I got pregnant, but now it's a reality I'm very happy I made the choice to give myself 6 weeks before the due date.

One lady I know is planning on working right up until 6 days before she's due. Considering that most babies arrive 2 weeks either side of their due date I think that's insane! I know for some people it's unfortunately a financial issue, but I certainly wouldn't want to run the risk of going into labor at work

I hope everyone has a lovely Valentine's Day and a good weekend. We're out on a double date for dinner with some friends visiting from Sydney, then I'm going to insist on working on the nursery over the weekend

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (14-02-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (14-02-2014),Orchids  (14-02-2014)