Closed Thread
Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Love the artwork Ngaiz. How long did it take to be painted?
    Congrats on 20 weeks Riss. Now you can start counting down to your bubs arrival.
    OMG Jay and Lots I hear you about baby brain. I have locked myself out of the house twice this week in 40 degree heat. Felt like such an idiot.
    I think feeling tired is par for the course for us now October. I started falling asleep at work again about 2pm everyday. I was doing it in the 1st trimester and now in the 3rd it's back. My mother in law told me growing a baby takes up as much energy as climbing Everest. Not sure if it's true but feels like it sometimes!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs Veritas - I wish you had a better time at your shower, I'm sure it's so tough at each of these events and milestones that your mum isn't here to share in those with you. It's great for people to say she's there in spirit, but it's hard not to want more than that.

I hope your DP comes home soon and you can sort things out - hopefully she just needs some space to cool down. Relationship wise DH & I are fine, but as it gets closer to the due date I'm noticing he's getting more stressed and isn't sleeping properly. We've waited so long for this baby, but there's a horrible part of me that keeps thinking have we done the right thing?

Is there anything in particular your DP is upset about that you would like to share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Huge hugs Veritas sorry to hear your partner reacted like that. It's tough as my ex used to react the same way no matter how big or small the issue .. Although he also liked the silent treatment too which hurt more as I can understand leaving to gather thoughts & cool down. Anyway hope when she came home you were able to sort it out.

rtkirk - hope you've stashed a backup key somewhere now as that would be awful in this heat being locked out you poor thing. Thankyou for sharing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear about people having a rough time - I am too! Just can't get comfortable: when I sit on a hard seat my butt hurts, when I sit in a soft seat my belly feels squashed, when I stand my feet hurt, when I lie down I feel queasy! I can't sleep, I am getting restless legs when trying to go to sleep and then waking up lots and getting terrible cramps in my calves in the middle of the night. My skin is itchy and I am being a right grumpy cow. My toddler only wants me so there are no lie in's and I feel like once I am comfortable enough to go to sleep I could sleep for a week to catch up.

I tried explaining to DH yesterday how tired I am and he just replied "yeah, me too". I swear I nearly leapt across the car and murdered him with my bear hands. Like how is that even remotely useful?!? And how does staying up watching tv making you tired even compare to being so tired you go to bed at 9.30 but toss and turn trying to get to sleep til after 2am BECAUSE YOU HAVE ANOTHER HUMAN INSIDE YOU?!?

So annoying. Feel like I need to have a great big cry to let it all out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello again ladies, so glad you are doing well.

Ive started my own business making baby bits and I was wondering what "themes" you ladies prefer for your nursery and general items like burp cloths, bibs, change mats, nappy wallets ?
    Eg do you generally go for the baby blues/pinks or more neutral items like blacks and creams? Or do you choose things that will match your Specific nursery theme?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bedlover - my glutes cramp all the time too it feels like I have done back to back smash gym sessions on them and therefore I find it sore to lie or sit still. My DH is a late nighter but struggles in the mornings so I am actually making his sleep pattern off too and last week it caught up with him & he crashed on couch a few times from 7. In his defence he probably is tired but his body clock doesn't let him sleep early so some people would rather sit in front of a tv or comp then lie in bed tossing & turning. I'm trying to stay up later with him so took maternity pillows to lounge room last night & we snuggled on couch. I wasn't fully comfy but dosed in and out which was more then I would if in bed (something about snuggling helps me relax). When we did go to bed I was really tired and got to sleep quicker as bed felt softer. Still woke early in morning in pain but later then usual so got up stretched went to bathroom and then back to bed. Try different things even relaxing music before you go to bedroom to help relax your mind as I think the relaxing before going to bed help (for me it's just snuggling on the couch) it didn't really help me sleep more but I think I had a better sleep. Oh & I do find it helpful to share some of the other ladies posts with my husband as then I can use that as an icebreaker to explain how I feel the same way and it helps him understand what I'm going through a little more. Good luck
    Last edited by Jay11; 10-02-2014 at 07:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish - I'm a theme girl. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391978968.923262.jpg
    We used the jigsaw puzzle we did which well have framed as the theme inspiration piece for nursery
    & therefore quilt cover I tried to have a more grown up / realistic fish pattern
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391979695.877074.jpg
    which was hard to find compared to cartoon fish / pirate ones
    as want the theme to grow with Junior eg toddler pirate / boat theme like these from Houzz app:
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391979488.903252.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391979509.835157.jpgImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391979527.854270.jpg

Hope that helps
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Jay11; 10-02-2014 at 07:05.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (10-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    Thanks Jay, that's exactly where I found one.

AFM-I had my belly/body painted today. Pretty cute if I must say so myself.
    Sorry Ngaiz thought I commented on how cool you painted belly pics were but realise it's just another thing I forgot anyway your owl belly is super cool. Did it cost much to get done? What do you plan to do with pics - is your nursery an owl theme as that pics you could frame on the nursery wall if it was and if you cropped it so your shorts weren't showing most people probably wouldn't guess the it's a belly shot until u mentioned it or they looked closer. Very cool and artistic!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, Its so good to read that others are getting grumpy and moody and uncomfortable too. I think I will also show my husband some posts from here so he can see how common this is. He asked me yesterday if I was ok because I haven't been my usual chirpy self for a few weeks and Ive been very quiet. At least he picks up on my emotional state. I worry when I don't feel her move, and then because Ive read so much about things that can go wrong I keep thinking about it when she doesn't move. I wish I could just be at peace. I have to say I really enjoyed the 2nd trimester and this worry has started up now in the 3rd. Two nights in a row Ive woken up with a little blood on my pants and from what I can decipher its not spotting its coming from lesions, which may have developed down there due to the extreme heat and moisture of the last few weeks. Anyway have called the doctor to see what he thinks. As Im writing this Ive felt a few movements.
    Jay - can I ask about the separating of the tummy muscles. Is this what has happened to you? Because my midwife said mine have separated which is why I look so big. Does it become a problem lateron?
    Ngaiz your tummy looks quite incredible. Wow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies! 32 week bump shot from me;

32weekbump.jpg

Feel like I've reached another milestone as the hospital I'm going to can accommodate babies as young as 32 weeks in their nursery, so if she does happen to arrive early she won't have to be transferred elsewhere