Closed Thread
Page 81 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yay Catlover you stroller looks fantastic congrats on your purchase hope it gets to you super fast

Best of luck with the shopping Arlias

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Catzilla  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson- thanks for the tip! loving the bump. It's amazing how it just pops out of nowhere. Hope all went well with the glucose test.

Jay- thanks for that super detailed list. I have copied and pasted it to have a proper look at.

JJ- love the name Mia- it's my Goddaughter's name and she is beautiful. Use it if you love it.

Same with you Arlais- use the name you have your heart set on.

FYI- Just got email from Toys r us and they are having a baby sale starting Wednesday. Looks like all the shops are in baby mode too.

AFM- I have been suffering from a cold this week. Went to see Grease last Friday night and some old bag was hacking up a lung behind me so I think I caught it off her. So hard being sick and pregnant. I have been such a miserable cow to DH! Poor thing.Thankfully it's starting to go.

Just on a side note, I had a vaginal swab a few weeks ago to check for infection and I came back positive for strep b. I didn't have it 4 weeks earlier and it really upset me thinking it was another hurdle I needed to get through. My OB reassured me that it was ok and will treat me with antibiotics during labour. With my history she was always going to treat me as being positive and it can come and go in pregnancy which is why they only test it normally at 36 weeks. I was just wondering if any mums here have tested positive for this in past pregnancies???

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (10-02-2014),SimpsonDesert  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss my sis had it for her last 3 bubs - went to the hospital when labour started and got put on the antibiotics. There were no complications for her and all 3 babies were absolutely fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, wow things are grooving along on this thread.

I had my picc line removed on Thursday. So happy about that. Only drama is I've had a reaction to the plaster of the dressing I had to wear for a day. I now have a bright red sore and itchy rectangle on my arm.
    Still feeling sick most of the time but am keeping more food down.

Dh is home which is a good thing because it looks like we will be flooded in for at least a couple of days, more if this rain keeps up. My ducks are loving it. I didn't get much sleep last night worrying about the 13 new ducklings that hatched earlier this week, put them in a new pen yesterday. Just have to keep them warm, couldn't catch the mother to put in with them.
    Another draw back of all this rain is my 5 darling dogs(who are spoilt rotten) don't like getting their tootsies wet, so we have piles and pools to clean up in the morning.

Going to sort the baby's room hopefully for the last time today so will try to post a picture of the end result.

When I picked up dh from the airport on Thursday, the look on his face when he opened the rear passenger seat door to put his backpack in was priceless. He hadn't seen the baby capsule in place before then. His words were "Holy ****! It's really happening now".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies! Happy Weekend. I've been reading along but so busy at work that I'm exhausted at night. Have to try and start taking a step back as I found out I was anaemic this week. I was borderline for a while but it's kept dropping regardless of what I'm doing. This week I felt dizzy on the stairs and had to get DH to come up and get me to help me down. But I'm ok, it's very common. My mum had it with all 4 daughters. I want to use these last 10 weeks to try lift those numbers so it doesn't affect my breastfeeding. I really want to breastfeed and heard this can affect it. But staying positive

Anyway baby is perfect and kicking lots and I'm loving it! ❤️ Started reading Baby Love with DH at night as my midwife said it's a good idea to start preparing for after the birth. So mixing in our calm birth practice with baby reading. I feel like it's bringing DH and I closer together. We're much calmer and both really excited.

We booked into a nappy workshop im Glebe for March. They talk through MCN's and you get to touch and have a look at them all. They talk about the benefits and give you a $20 voucher to spend in store (which is the cost of attending).
    Think it's called flower child.

Starting to get leg cramps coming on again. Regardless of stretches and magnesium tablets and magnesium oil they just come. I guess it's all part of it.

We're still kinda stuck on girls names but have written some down to see what they look like with the last name. And we left it at that and haven't really gotten back to it.

Anyway, off to use our vouchers at baby warehouse today. Getting a nappy bag that fits onto our pram and not sure what else. Then off to the lion king tonight!!! Can't wait, have always wanted to see it. Love that I'll get to tell our baby about all the fun things they did whilst in mummy's belly
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies!!! Been a bit slack since I went to NZ but I have been popping in for updates. Only read back a couple of pages 'cause I'm on my phone.

Arlais-I'm glad you're still using your name. A friend used a name we loved. Initially I was really upset (almost in tears) but we've decided we will still use it with #2. Thank you for your update on the other ladies. My dh always tries to drag me into crap shops when I want to buy baby stuff, such a waste of my time. Funny you mention dtd helped your hips, worked a treat for mine this morning too. 

Aisnley-congrats on your pigeon pair, glad they are both doing so well. 

Jj-I love the name Mia, it's beautiful and elegant. Who cares what she thinks!!  Glad your GTT went well, I'm writing this as I sit 30min into mine. Am I the only weirdo that actually liked the drink??... We must be finishing work the same day, 4th April, only 40 more days of work.

Annerly & October-I appreciate the advice you've given on feeding/bottles. I don't want to buy anything just yet, I will persevere and buy a pump/bottles if I have to afterwards. I don't give in too easily but I worry in this case that if I feel bub is being deprived I will and move to formula which isn't my preference. I've decided on Avent natural if we need. 

Jay-you are so damn organised!! I have my lists but I'm doing everything slowly. I have a feeling Rite Aid breast pads are the only ones with a water proof back, pigeon will soak right through.

Orchids-we have no set first names either but the middle name is sorted it. We have a couple we like but we don't really discuss it. I'm happy to wait and name bubba later.

Simpson-love the bump! It's getting beautiful and round, perfect! My belly exploded between 20-26 weeks as well.

Verities-your cot is absolutely stunning. I'm yet to finish sanding mine but it's no where near as beautiful as yours.

In regards to the price of a 108 box of newborn Huggies at Target, I was mortified by the price in NZ. $47 a box!!!!!!! Bit disappointed in the Target/Big W baby sales too :-(

Catlover-your pram looks great! 

Riss-I have GBS too. Every smear I've ever had has come back positive so I'll be tested again around 34 weeks.  I've been told not to be too concerned and have no problem with IV ABs during labour. Just be very cautious about getting to hospital when your waters break and if it's early.

Amps-glad that PICC line is out! I'm off to pick up our carseat once I devour half a farm after this damn glucose test. I'm so excited about getting all the big items, it's slowly making it feel real. I would love some rain right now. It's not hot, but I just feel like curling up on the couch under a blanket with a hot cup of milo.

Lots-I've been getting cramps in my feet at night so started taking magnesium too but it seems to be working for me. My movements still aren't very strong from the inside (damn anterior placenta) but I can see them and DH loves it. I got quite emotional the other night. He felt some big ones and went down and started talking to bub, it was so precious.

Panda-I'm not sure if I've congratulated you yet, welcome!!!

Hi to everyone I've missed, I'll try to post more often to keep up with you all.

Afm-had cramping and bright red spotting when I wiped yesterday. Spent two hours in pregnancy assessment on monitors and everything is ok. It's something I've had several times already but still can't help but have a little anxiety attack each time.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Amps  (08-02-2014),Orchids  (10-02-2014),SimpsonDesert  (08-02-2014),Team panda  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the fantastic tips on BF and what to pack for the hospital ladies. I think I will go get a cheap nighty to wear during labour too so if it gets too yucky I can just throw it away. I haven't started to pack my bag. Going to wait till after my baby shower in March to see what I need to buy. But makeup in defn going in to Arlais so many photos will be taken. Nothing wrong with wanting to look your best at such an important moment.
    I had heard about those target feeding singlets Bedlover. Plan on picking up a few so I can layer tops over it.
    Loved your tips on freezer meals October. My BFF gave me the same advice and I planned to start cooking when I leave work. Only 32 days to go.
    I will have to check the big w sale out. I don't get catelogues either Riss. But have started regularly checking online for bargains. Baby stuff can be surprisingly expensive.
    Ainsleyp Congrats on your twin boy and girl. I would have loved to be told that at the start if my pregnancy but now at the end I can only admire women who carry twins. One is hard enough sometimes
    Loved your cot Vertitas. That painting must have taken ages. Loved your bub pic.
    How sweet of your DH to clean out your nurser Annerley. One step closer to get organised.makes it feel v real when you walk past the room and see everything set up for bubs.
    Oh Riss78 I get the sorest hips if I lay on my side too long. I have started sleeping upright so I can get some rest. I will try your suggestion tonight Jay about the pillows.
    Hwaterhouse love your shower them. I haven't booked in for our baby classes yet. Not sure I will bother with them to be honest. Sometimes too much information is just too much you know?
    Great pics Simpson. 6 weeks makes such a difference doesn't it?
    Glad the spotting was nothing to worry about medically. I can defiantly under stand your anxiety though Ngaiz. Can't believe how expensive huggies are in NZ.
    AFM I have had tonsillitis this week so have been laying low trying to feel better. On the road to recovery which is good. Baby is moving around so much now feels like bubs is dancing sometimes. And a little ouchie sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG_0388.jpg

Me at 30 weeks.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (08-02-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (08-02-2014),SimpsonDesert  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    27w4d
    Attached Images

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

SimpsonDesert  (08-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your scare with the spotting Ngaiz but glad to hear bubis happy & doing well.

Rtkirk you poor thing tonsillitis is awful especially when you can't have throat lozenges. Glad to hear your on the mend.

Oh & nice bumps pic both of you ladies!

AFM: So had pregnancy Physio class today at Northpark Private and found out my abs are separating too early so now I have to wear a tube sock to hold them together which isn't the best on a hot day

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D