Closed Thread
Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for sharing ladies and for your research too, Arlais.
    I have heard of others saying that it can help with settling too, if they are used to being moved and briefly woken before putting them into the pram or into their cot when you get back home.
    I hadn't planned on getting a capsule (just a pram and rear facing car seat that can then turn around when they are older) but can see they do have benefits and can be convenient. Will probably just wait until bub is here and run out and grab one if I feel I need it then.
    Thanks again ladies, now just need to decide which pram...

Thanks
    Reviews
    A couple of things I forgot to add-

I was reminded that the warranty period starts from when you take the pram from the store, so it's best to leave buying one as late into your pregnancy as possible - or if you find something amazing see if you can layby as warranty won't start until your final payment.

Also I was given a big wink by an assistant at My Baby Warehouse to wait until their boxing day sale happens. Apparently Baby Bunting do a sale then too. We were on the verge of buying a pram then so she could have easily convinced us to get it at that point.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    So great to be reading feedback on prams. Does my head in so much choice.

Is anyone else having lots of headaches? I thought it was my neck causing but have had two massages and acupuncture and still getting them. It is driving me mad.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for the paint advice Amps!!

LMM-if I go with the city select pram is it ok for a newborn not to be horizontal? It lies flat but at a slight angle. I'm a bit of a hermit so I won't be out much in the first few weeks and then it's winter.

Arlais-my other option of pram is the Valco Rebel Q sport but no one keeps it in stock in Brisbane. It is a 3 wheeler though.

ABH-I've had a few over the last two weeks and they seems to be getting worse.
    Last edited by Ngaiz; 08-12-2013 at 20:08.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We got a fantastic deal on the Phil and Teds smart buggy package. Funky little pram, came with bassinet and easy clean seat and we are getting the adaptor for our safe and sound unity. Compact which is good with a small car. Planning on an ergo too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais- thanks again. I go to Baby Bunting and they are having a huge sale until the 15th dec so going to try and get back there at the end of the week. They also told me about the warranty starting when it leaves the store so I'll definitely layby everything- it also means I don't have to store it all at home yet.

ABH- I'm hearing you on the headaches. I had the worst one of my life last weekend and it lasted a couple of days. I also had another the other night and it's hard because I don't really want to take anything. I was thinking of going to the chiro but sounds like that type of thing hasn't helped you. I think they are quite common unfortunately!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ngaiz, I don't have a City Select. I have a MB Swift. However a couple of friends have the City Select but used the bassinet or capsule with it for newborns. Bassinet is really handy as no strapping in. If you swaddle your baby you can just pop them in and go. Great for when you are trying to get then to sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ABH. I am probe to hormonal headaches generally and was pretty excited that I didn't have headaches for the first weeks of my pregnancy. Then a few weeks ago I hit a patch of them. At least every second day. Thankfully it has eased off again so hopefully they won't last too long for you either.

We too were looking at the City Select at one point, and then we were very blessed to be given a pram by a friend which has reversible/extendable handles and a bassinet option etc. It looks great and cost us nothing so perfect for us. But I didn't really research it so we'll see how it goes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Simpson - what a funny idea about the tennis ball... I guess that would work as it would be might uncomfortable trying to sleep on your back! lol

Annerley glad all went well with your samples... Can't believe how different the cow at reception was!

Arlais great you've picked your nursery colour... We've decided to leave ours cream and put those wall decal stickers on.. I want a big tree with lots of birdies but haven't found one I like yet.

Hope - The shoes fit!! Thank goodness it wasn't a hot day, I would have been in trouble! That's a cute scan pic.. You'll freak out how much clearer and developed Bubs is at the next one!

Thanks for all the pram advice.. We were looking at the strider compact but my girlfriend mention she has the bugaboo to give me but after reading your experience bedlover, I don't know if I want it!

AFM - I had a meltdown yesterday morning at 5am.. I hadn't felt flutters for days and totally freaked out! Poor DH was trying to calm me down and guess what, little Bubs started doing summersaults in my tummy That was the best feeling ever and I think the little one was trying to say 'take a chill pill mummy!!'
    Last edited by JJTiger; 09-12-2013 at 07:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry others are having headaches too. I have been having panadol if it gets really bad (doc said this is safe), having a sleep if on weekend, using a head pack on neck shoulders and head. Trying to keep myself hydrated. I certainly drink a lot more water since doing IVF. I was so afraid of OHS.

Having massage and acupuncture certainly helped with the headaches Annerley.

Thanks for the tip for My Baby Warehouse Arlias, so far I have found them to be the cheapest. I am leaning toward a Phil and Teds S4 Buggy, comes with second seat and bassinet. Doesn't seem to be too many other in the 3 wheelers that can take a second seat. Trying to choose carefully as don't want to buy it and not like it or find that it does quite work for two kiddies.