Closed Thread
Page 78 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly don't know if it matters what you wash bubs clothes in, plenty of people just throw them all in together. But I did wash all the clothes in Lux flakes last time for quite a few months (I still was DS's clothes separately but only for ease of sorting)! I've started using Lux again for getting things ready but it is a bit of a pain as you have o dissolve the flakes in boiling water first. I have also bought some Purity brand which is supposed to be low allergy, non phosphate etc really good for babies.

Congrats Ainsley on your boy/girl twins. Glad all is going well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Team Panda and Annerley for your tips will look at that. I think I have three Bounty bags in my cupboard I will pull out.

Veritas- I love the colour of your cot. It's gorgeous!

Ainsley- that's beautiful news about your sweet little boy and girl. Congrats!

I wish I got catalogues in the mail. We never get anything here so I wouldn't have known about the big w sale if it wasn't for you girls. Now I'll have to look online. My sister in law told me about Mumgo. It's like catch of the day but for kids/baby stuff. They always have good stuff and love getting updates on what's on sale.
    Jay- I think your hospital list is identical to mine. So exciting to start packing.

My OB has been on holidays for 6 weeks and was so good to see her yesterday. She always makes me feel calm. She measured my fundal height and I was surprised I'm already past my belly button. No wonder I'm big! She also pulled out the ultrasound so we got to see bubs again. It seems that he is lying across my tummy and legs are on the left which explains why I'm feeling movement there. Now 7 days till my 20 weeks scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just found out that a guy at work's wife has just had a little girl - they used the name we have picked I don't work with him directly (not even in the same building) but they sent an email announcement around to everyone in the organisation, so I'm kind of sad that when they do the same for my little girl's birth and the name is going to be so similar.

I know she won't be the only one around with her name around school, etc but it just sucks knowing of another one born just a couple of months out. Silly thing to be upset about, but just a little devastated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Arlais that does suck. I would be upset too, but if you love the name then stick with it - you won't work together forever.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Arlais that is so annoying. I agree with bed lover though....don't let it put you off!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ainsleyp For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (05-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais you're a gem, thanks I'll check out the link... I want to wash Bubs clothes at least for the start with something gentle on the skin..

I can understand why you would be upset... At least you don't work directly with them.. I sort of feel like we've missed out on so many names as close family/friends have already picked them A couple weeks ago, at work we were talking about names and one of the girls said 'whatever you do, don't call it Mia if it's a girl, I hate that name!' I got so upset as that's more than likely going to be our Bubs name if it's a girl... I felt sick all day after that! Also, one of the girls at work had a boy yesterday and called it Noah which is on our short list

Thanks
    Reviews
    Riss.. That's a bugger you don't get catalogues.. Check out the target website too as they have a similar sale to big w.. Catalogues are online.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JJTiger View Post
    Arlais you're a gem, thanks I'll check out the link... I want to wash Bubs clothes at least for the start with something gentle on the skin..

I can understand why you would be upset... At least you don't work directly with them.. I sort of feel like we've missed out on so many names as close family/friends have already picked them A couple weeks ago, at work we were talking about names and one of the girls said 'whatever you do, don't call it Mia if it's a girl, I hate that name!' I got so upset as that's more than likely going to be our Bubs name if it's a girl... I felt sick all day after that! Also, one of the girls at work had a boy yesterday and called it Noah which is on our short list
    We will definitely still use our chosen name - DH started calling her by it months ago and it has stuck, I couldn't imagine calling her anything else

I really think that people should keep their opinions to themselves about names when they're around pregnant women - it can be so hurtful having someone rubbish a name you love. Mia is LOVELY by the way JJ!

When DH and I first started discussing names we agreed that it would be something we would keep just between the two of us until she's born. We have politely skirted around the topic whenever anyone has asked, and our families have got the idea that they will not be told until her birthday so they don't bother even trying to guess!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (07-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for sharing all the gorgeous bump pics, meal planning ideas, tips, bargains and other info.

I noticed quite a few of you are buying breast pumps in advance and are planning to express so DH can take turns feeding bubs. I've heard that if bubs gets used to feeding from a bottle then its hard to encourage latching on to the boob - is this true? What have others heard??
    One of the staff at baby shop was trying to sell us a pump to help with milk production she said...but I checked with my midwife and she suggested not getting one just yet. Midwife said see how I go with breast feeding initially as they have pump at hosp and you can also hire/ buy later on. So not getting any bottles just yet either.

Thanks to those who discovered the huggies newborn bargain going at Target. Got myself 2 boxes the other night!! Plan on moving to MCNs after the first month...and will read back to see what brands everyone has suggested. I think the mcn topic was discussed some time ago..

Has anyone decided to get a "epi-no"?? Or perhaps knows someone that has used one and whether this helped?