Closed Thread
Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    some brilliant tips on here from you all thanks. I Haven't even started my hospital bag yet but think I might start this over the next few weeks so I'm organised. Loving the bump pics and congratulations to the ladies who have just found out the sex of their little ones.

I have had shopping splurge over the last few weeks bought our pram (Rozibaby), car seat (went for the 1/2 price at Target mothers choice 0-4year) and a few baby toys its all staring to feel real now getting excited. Sill got so much to buy. I am thinking of leaving the breast pump till after the birth,I really want to breast feed but not going to put any pressures on myself but I will be taking a trip to bigW or target at the weekend for the Avent bottles because I want to express for DH to feed and have the bonding experience too.

had my OB appointment today all went well 22 weeks now Im not feeling too much movement because of my placenta been at the front but OB said he was moving around and had a good heart rate. have my 2hour glucose test on 24th February not looking forward to this.

Thank you for the helpful lists I will be using these. Not long now for some of you ladies and we will get see lovely pics of your bubs.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Great tips ladies.

From my experience with DD all I can say in relation to breastfeeding is don't let anyone tell you you can't do it. There are occassions where people have physical limitations that don't allow it but these are rare. Engage in a lactation consultant if you need and perservere. They don't tell you enough, but it is a little painful to start. With a little lansinoh and a bit of time this fades. You can increase supply with certain dietary things, lactation cookies, and herbs. Give it all a shot before you give up.

In terms of tops, I found a boob toob or long singlet under another top my favourite attire. Pull one top up, the other down and voila. Keep some burp clothes or cloth nappies to put between your bra and under bubs face cos they can be messy guzzlers and spill all over your clothes.

We are stocking up on snacks, toiletries, etc too. Grocery run is great for bulk buys. Will be making some soups, lasagnes, bakes etc too.

Thanks for all the lovely comments. So excited for all of us that its getting so close and all coming together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Veritas I've heard if the nipple cream doesn't help then the protectors are great to use to left your nipple have a break - have you used them before?

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do agree with Veritas about persevering with breastfeeding. I had trouble with DS not putting in weight which seemed to be linked to lack of supply. I took Fenugreek tablets which you just get at the chemist in the vitamin/supplement section and it helped heaps. I did comp feeding with formula from about 6 weeks (reluctantly but at the end of the day DS was not doing very well and it was for the best) but with expressing to build supply and feeding often I was able yo continue bf until 10 months. I only stopped because we wanted to cycle again and FS said I had to finish beforeI stimmed again. I wish I'd known it was going to take another 2 years+ to get pregnant again.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Jay - I haven't used them but have heard good things. I believe they can be helpful for inverted nipples also.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my morphology results today and we got the all clear- yay! Good luck for this Friday, Berra!

Bedlover- thanks for sharing your grocery shopping story, I really enjoyed reading it, I felt like I was right there with you! I think maybe saving grocery shopping for when bub can go in the trolley may be a good idea or maybe when mum is with me or able to watch the baby. I'd rather not have to do it when I'm off with DH on weekends since I'll have all week to get things like that done when he is at work. Thanks for mentioning the feeding singlets. I was thinking about whether that would be a good option as I don't have many button down tops and wondered whether I could just do singlets under other tops, lucky it will be cooler weather so it will be comfortable to wear layers.

October- thanks for your freezer meal ideas. I hadn't thought of soups but I love pumpkin soup and it would make an easy meal when having a new born.
    thanks also to LMM and Veritas for your tips, great to hear from those who have been there before.

Jay- great list for the hospital bag, I will be definitely saving a copy of this. I was also going to mention about a waterproof mattress protector for our beds in case our waters break during the night. My mum mentioned this to me the other day so the mattress doesn't get ruined. I guess protecting the car seat is something else to think about.

Hwaterhouse- I love the sound of your baby shower theme. I have had two friends ask to organise mine but my sister has it under control, we are really close and she knows what I'd want, not that she's letting me do anything. I think she is going all out too, I overheard mum say something about a candy buffet and she's already looked into invitations. I have to have my shower fairly early (I'll be 28wks) as I have three different groups of family going overseas from Easter time right up to about a month before I'm due and my best friend lives interstate so I left it to her to pick a weekend that she could make it here before Easter. I'm happy to have it before I get too late in the pregnancy anyway and it leaves plenty of time to see what I still need after the baby shower is over.
    Last edited by Annerley; 04-02-2014 at 22:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I'm so sorry for my absence, but just wanted to say that I read all your posts, makes notes from your recommendations and have never been happier to hear 'strangers' news about scans and genders. I really do appreciate this thread, I have just got a lot on my plate at the moment and run out of time to post very often. But so glad that you're all going well and I look forward to the birth announcements!

AFM - I have had my 20 week scan this week and was thrilled to find out that both babies are healthy and we're having a boy and a girl. I'm in shock - I can't believe that after all of our struggles we're in this position....it's truly amazing and I'm so thankful every single day.

Arlais - thanks so much for doing the roll call. Could you please update my due date to 1st June. Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Ainsley!! That's wonderful news

So glad to hear both bubbas are doing well, and good on you for adding some blue AND pink to the tally

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Octoberbaby.. I just checked the big w catalogue and the avent starter pack is on special for $40 which is the cheapest I've seen Will definitely be buying that tomorrow.. Great idea stocking up on shopping before Bubs arrives... I'll be doing that

Yeah I've got a couple maternity tops and think I'll go back to target and get some more... Bedlover I love the idea of putting one under your top so you don't show your tummy..

Thanks for all the tips ladies.. Helps us first time mums out lots!

Little miss magic I haven't heard if those classes.. Will check it out

I definitely want to express so DH can feed and also it will make things Easter when eventually I need to go back to work.. I've got a few girlfriends who's little ones refused the bottle cause they had breastfed for so long...

Annerley that's great about your results.. Such a relief isn't it?

Ainsley congrats on a boy and girl.. That's is truly amazing! Wow!

I'm intending to wash all Bubs clothes when my mat leave starts in 8 weeks.. (Counting down) I've heard you need to use special washing detergent.. Anybody got any tips? Just anything for sensitive skin?

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ there was a thread recently on washing detergents for babies clothes (either in 2nd or 3rd trimester chat section) and a lot of ladies were saying that they just use their normal laundry powder/detergent/etc.

I know there are a couple of different brands of powder that make me a bit itchy, so I avoid those anyway. I'm planning on washing bubs stuff with our normal powder (we use ecostore http://www.ecostore.com.au/categories/laundry ) and just keep an eye on her to see if there are any skin reactions.

Have a look for the thread though, there are lots of different suggestions for particular brands to try if you want to start off with something specific for baby

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (05-02-2014)