Closed Thread
Page 76 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok so hospital bag 'What to Pack' info brochure for my hospital although I know it will vary I'm guessing most of the stuff will be similarity.

Anyway it says the following:

For Mums:
    -Paperwork ( pregnancy info record & prenatal info form that OB should give me)
    -health fund card / Medicare card & Blood Group card
    - enough money for paying incidentals (like for hubby to stay also heard its handy to have vending machine change)
    -Pen
    -watch or clock
    -tissues
    -toiletries
    -Comfortable casual clothing and footwear
    -old shirt or nighty for labour
    - nighty or dressing gown (optional)
    *maternity bras & briefs
    *super sanitary pads / maternity pads
    *one box of nursing pads / breast pads

Do not bring:
    - valuables like jewellery or large sums of money.
    - wheat or heat packs

For Bub
    * Approved child restraint, required by law
    * 5x night gowns or grow suits
    * 5x singlets
    * Nappy change lotion, or lotion & pure soap
    * Cotton wool balls
    * Baby wraps
    * Small amount of spare nappies for discharge (I'm going to have nappy bag in car which will also have wipes)

OPTIONAL ITEMS
    - Mittens
    - Booties
    - Hats
    - Dummy
    - Cardigans

Then of coarse hubby if staying needs his PJs, toiletries & Change of clothes.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (04-02-2014),Orchids  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JJ - Big W have a big baby sale starting on Thursday too, and noticed they have Avent on sale as well. Might be worth comparing prices!

Re shopping - Before DS was born I went a bit crazy stocking up on bathroom and laundry supplies, eg, toothpaste, shampoo, detergent etc because I figured it would be good not to have to worry about shopping for those things. Also bought lots of crackers, cereal etc etc so mostly had to top up on fresh stuff. Early on, I used to try and walk to the shops most days to give DS a walk in the pram and get some exercise. I could fit a few items in the pram each trip and usually treated myself to a well needed coffee at the coffee shop! Later, DS was happy enough in the baby/bassinet seat thing at the front of the trolley until he could sit up in the trolley seat. Bedlover, lots of people I know used to put bub in the Baby Bjorn, Ergo etc which left them free yo push the trolley. I was never a good 'baby wearer' but plenty of people love it.

My freezer meals include spag bol, chilli con carne, apricot chicken, quiches, chicken schitzels, pumpkin soup, curried sausages, plenty of frozen veges and lots of icecream!

Jay, that's a helpful hospital list! Thanks or posting. It's pretty similiar to the one my hospital sends out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Something else to consider for hospital and after is clothes which are suitable for breastfeeding. In hospital I wore the singlet tops which clip down, and also alot at home as well but when going out in can be a bit trickier. I never wore a dress while breastfeeding because nothing I had gave easy access. Button up tops I found to be best but I didn't own many. Obviously you can just hike up a t-shirt but I often felt self conscious about showing my belly. I'm going to get a couple of 'breastfeeding' tops if I can. I think I have seen them at Target. Has anyone else thought about this yet, or seen anything suitable?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the list Jay. You are so organised!!

Thanks for the food suggestions Octoberbaby and tips. Nice to have some tips from someone who is already a mum! I bought a black feeding singlet from Target on the weekend. They only had black and white and a purple stripped one. They were with the maternity bras. Not much to choose from in bras or singlets.

Thanks
    Reviews
    October sounds like your preparing a feast hope you make enough to share

I'm hoping I'm organised enough!
    Funny thing is I asked hubby if he's nervous and he said no because he knows I'll be fine and have a good idea of how to look after babies so even though it's our own baby he's confident we'll be fine and I'll have everything sorted. Haha no pressure .... I actually feel the same ATM and I think getting organised helps you to relax and enjoy it more. I'm lucky to be a housewife so I have had the time, but I take me hat off to you ladies that have been working or still are and trying to prep at the same time & especially those who have kids as well - to me you are the amazing ones!

I won't be stocking up in meals just because we prefer fresh plus I do online shopping through Woolies anyway and due to not being able to stand in kitchen too long cooking we got used to quick and easy meals like mini lamb roasts, split chooks, steamed potatoes & veges, roast veges, salads, chicken wings, hubby will do steak on BBQ, and sausages, pork and lamb I do on stove on low heat with a lid so I don't have to keep turning.

Anyway kind of started to pack the babies hospital bag as I was having a look through list figured I might as well put it in a bag .
    Plus added to the hospital list nipple cream (Lansinoh HPA Brand Lanolin which doesn't Need to be removed before feeding) bibs, my breast pump (hand Avent & electric Medela with a couple of storage bags and bottles so I can use my own in hospital and get used to it & my breast friend / breast feeding pillow too as figured if I want to use it at home best to start using it straight away so it's familiar to bub, hubby (when he does feeds) and myself.
    I'll also take my pregnancy pillow, wedge extra just in case it's a long labour as they might come in handy to keep me comfy between contractions and even sleeping in hospital after bub is born.
    Other then some cotton buds though I think I have Juniors stuff sorted. Just need my own stuff like something to wear whilst in labour as hadn't thought of that as guessing it might need throwing after but want to be comfy during. Planning to just wear the maternity tops I have already started wearing since about 12 weeks I think (mine are from target and a few I think from kmart - once you know your size then you should be able to order other colours online I have purple, dark blue, coral pink, petrol blue, black & white etc so there are a few colours to choose from) & possibly PJ bottoms or tracksuit pants or even a loose cotton strap/strapless dress (like what you'd wear to beach) with a Cardigan (if needed) for after birth & around ward but guess I have a little while now to think about & plan that!

EDD 24May14 🍼

Last edited by Jay11; 04-02-2014 at 10:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone else considered Juju Sundin's birthing skills class? I did it before DS was born and also bought her book. It gives you lots of strategies for managing pain and I will certainly be revising them this time round! Her website is worth checking out for some testimonials. Be sure to pack anything you will use in your hospital bag. I used juggling balls - not to juggle but to bash together or focus on the colours, essential oils, little containers filled with rice to shake (the urine sample jars work well).
    Another thing to consider for the hospital bag is outfits for you and baby to travel home in (you will want something.nice for photographs).

Octoberbaby, Yes Target usually have a good selection of BF tops.

Witchery have some beautiful long and flowy tops in at the minute which are perfect to wear while pregnant and also afterwards. Makes a nice change from some of the frumpy maternity tops around!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleMissMagic For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I literally lived in those target feeding singlets with DS! I would wear to bed (as big full boobies need support) and they are easy for feeding during the night. During the day I would wear under my normal tops/clothes which meant I could lift up my top without worrying about showing my tummy but still have easy access for feeding. I also felt well covered as I had fabric above and below the boob and bubs head was covering the actual boob.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Jay, you just reminded me of another tip I was given. Put stuff in the car for the drive to the hospital - towels in case you are losing a lot of water (apparently doesn't come out easily and smells bad later!) and sick bag in case you are unwell.
    We actually had "pee pads" from when we were training our puppies which are like great big sanitary pads with plastic backing, that we kept with towels and sick bags in the glovebox.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    LMM - I will check out Witchery next time at shops tks for tip.

Bedlover - I was given a similar tip although pup wee pads sound like the perfect idea, I was told to keep a spare cot fitted mattress protector and some towels in car closer to due to for the same reason. Towel would go on first then protector then some more towels. Might supplement the towels for puppy wee pads now though as less bulky and reckon better holding properties.
    I was also advices to get a waterproof fitted mattress protector / or new painting drop sheet for our bed. It serves a few purposes other then when water break as it's apparently handy in first few week home to stop bub chicks, pee or just a breast leakage issue ruining you mattress.
    PS the nursery or breast pads I got are Rite Aid brand and they are individually wrapped in like a plastic wrap similar to sanitary pads were I was given the Johnstons Ultra Form which aren't wrapped at all and the Pigeon Disposable Contour fit ones which have a wrap but it it a breathable mesh so not water resistant. I mention this as I'll be using the Rite aid one in nappy bag just in case they fall out when I'm digging in bag or something I'd rather know they are still clean and dry. That being said the Johnston's ones are probably less fiddly to grab so would be really handy when at home as don't have to unwrap first and already are shaped where the others due to packaging have been folded if that makes sense. Anyway I'll get to try all three types and then I'll select what works from there if my milk is flowing and need it. Food for thought anyway.

EDD 24May14 🍼

Last edited by Jay11; 04-02-2014 at 12:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh good tip about keeping stuff in the car ladies! We have some spare puppy pads at home from when we were waiting on the doggy door to be installed, so I'll pop a couple in the car when I get home

Someone told me that Kmart have breastfeeding tops for $7, so I'm going to check them out on the weekend to start putting my hospital bag together. Without DH around this weekend I won't be able to do any "heavy" baby stuff, but cruising around the shops at my own speed picking up some bits and pieces sounds like a plan to me!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm planning on putting some simple makeup items in my bag - awfully vain, but I don't want to look bad in photos

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Jay11  (04-02-2014)