Closed Thread
Page 75 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats on your little boy Berra

RT the nursery is looking great thumbs up to DH for helping you.

AFM: today I had crazy foot cramps when I went to try on some shoes my right foot cramped so next time I thought I'd try on the left shoe instead and my toes on that foot cramp & were going in various directions and it really hurt.
    Got a bulk pack of Curash nappy wipes at Target today for $30 which I figured was a great buy. Also got some Libra Maternity pads and some Libra super extra long overnight pads as was told that they are pretty much the same so good to try the different ones and figure out which is best for me. Nipple cream -check - got a small tube as a started in case I need it but didn't get a big tube incase I don't. Mmm what else oh yeah got some disposable breast pads from ChemistWarehouse on special (the better brand was cheaper then the lesser option) and baby cotton buds. Which means I've started getting the hospital stuff for my overnight bag together but not packing it yet.
    Thanks for advice Bedlover we have our first antenatal class tomorrow so guess they'll tell us then

Anyway here's my 24.2wk bump
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391406526.146425.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391406563.316221.jpg

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry phone hadn't updated new posts ......
    Love the blanket spidery very clever!

Catlover your bump is definitely growing great pic!

Thanks for update & tally Arlais looks like the girl announcements are definitely catching up!

Veritas wow cot is very nice big difference you've really brought it back to life. Love that bump pic & your maternity top that's really showing it off!

Riss if you have a foam wedge (looks like a door stop shape) put it under you from the back so it sits between your hips and ribs & put maternity pillow at front with a bit of your belly on the pillow as much as you need to be comfy as that's what works for me. I really notice the difference when I get lazy and don't do it.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure what to do about a breast pump. With DS, I borrowed both an electric and manual one. However, I didn't have a great supply and struggled with pumping, although I kept it up because it does help with supply. An electric one is definitely better, but they are so expensive, particularly when you really don't know how breastfeeding will go.My hospital never used one with me, or talked about it with me, but maybe hiring one might be a good option. I don't mind buying one if feeding goes well. I think I'll just wait and see.

I never needed nappies, wipes etc in hospital either Jay, I'd be surprised if you need to take them. Loving how everyone is getting so organised and excited! My to-do list is growing every day and I'm getting a bit stressed that time (and energy) is running out!

My number one tip for getting organised is fill your freezer with meals as your due date approaches. You will be so glad that's one job sorted for a few weeks.I was always tired in the afternoin and DS always difficult. Even though DH usually got dinner ready, it was so much easier to reheat a freezer meal. Also, I did my groceries online for a while. I had a c-sect and didn't drive for a while. Just another job that was made easier and took some pressure of DH too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've already got an appointment with a lactation consultant after birth, so might wait to see how I go then? In the meantime I think we'll just make sure that there's some funds aside so DH can go and buy a pump if needed/wanted.

October that's the first thing I'm planning on doing once I start maternity leave (14 working days left!). I've already bought a bulk lot of containers, so I'm going to cook a big pot of something every other day and split it up to freeze. We've got a good chest freezer so I'll be able to build up a good stock of meals.

I hope I don't offend anyone, but I'm really looking forward being a housewife for a little while! I'm sure I'll look forward to coming back to work later in the year, but particularly whilst waiting for bub to turn up it will be blissful only having to worry about cooking, cleaning, napping, appointments and baby stuff - instead of trying to fit all that around 50 odd hours a week working

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Octoberbaby2010  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay- wow your experience at baby bunting sounds terrible, it reminds me a little of the frustrating experience I had at Target last weekend. I have to say, my local baby bunting is fantastic and the ladies are lovely. It's my favourite baby store but it's a shame to hear all their staff aren't as friendly and well trained in other locations!

Amps- it sounds to me that you've gained your normal baby weight and your little one sounds like it's growing well but I'd definitely say you must have lost some weight in other areas so it's almost balanced out. It isn't surprising with how sick you've been though so I'm sure you've got nothing to worry about :-)
    I had a bit of a weight gain over Christmas and then with my holiday straight away (due to over eating) but then found I have since lost a little of the weight even though my belly was getting bigger.

Rtkirk- having my little girl in my arms...so exciting! I bet you can't stop looking at the nursery and good on DH for coming to the rescue! Hope the heartburn eases for you and that the milk does the trick! I hate heartburn!!

Spidery- that blanket is amazing, you clever thing! I wish I was that patient and creative! It would be so special for your little one to use someone that mummy has made with so much love! I have even seen some bibs that other mums to be have made for their bub and wish I had some talent for that kind of thing!

Arlais- so exciting to see the roll call updated with girl next to my name!! As for breast pumps, I'm planning to breast feed as well but wanted to have one since my parents will be very hands on grandparents and I want them to have expressed milk on hand for when they have bub with them. I was thinking about waiting until after the birth to see how I went and which one I thought I'd need only that I scored a bargain, which was a closer to nature manual pump for $21 so I grabbed one. I figured it doesn't matter if it doesn't get much use or if I end up with a new one for that price!
    As for finishing work, I'm hearing you! I can't wait for the 5wks of house wife duties whilst counting down to the birth. Can't believe you only have 14days left, I have 71!!

Veritas- beautiful bump pic and enjoy your baby shower! That cot looks awesome, would love to see it when it is all made up with the sheets, etc

Riss- congrats on reaching your half way mark. Your little boy might be born on my due date! As for a checklist, did you happen to be given a Bounty bag, as that has a baby bunting checklist in it that may help you?

Bedlover- I have been wondering whether I have to take my own nappies to that labour ward as well as other baby related things, I know I'll need clothes, etc but not sure what else. Hoping my questions will be answers when I go to my classes which will be at least 6wks away.

October- definitely planning to do lots of cooking before the birth and I'll keep the online grocery shopping in mind too. Even though Coles is 5mins away from my house, the idea of packing up a baby and doing grocery shopping doesn't really appeal to me! I'm trying to think ahead of good freeze and reheat meals to make.

AFM: I had a lovely afternoon with DH at my parents house yesterday. Mum kept a lot of my old baby clothes, which are so cute and like nothing you can buy these days and my grandma has also made some clothes that she had put away. It was so much fun and so special to go through them all and imagine that my daughter will be wearing some of my clothes. Mum also kept the blanket I came home from hospital in and there were lots of really cute knitted booties and cardigans and the most adorable embroided bibs.
    Also, I came home from work today and DH took me by the hand to show me our spare bedrooms. He had spent his afternoon after work moving the bedroom furniture from the room next to ours to the spare room down the hall, he had the spare room all set up with the furniture again and the nursery-to-be all empty, ready to be filled with nursery furniture (which we already have but haven't yet set up and put together). I feel like it's one step closer to getting the room ready and I'm feeling pretty grateful to my hubby for working so hard and doing it all without me asking but he's pretty good like that!
    Last edited by Annerley; 03-02-2014 at 21:21.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Amps  (04-02-2014),Arlais  (04-02-2014),Spidery  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aralis that sounds like a great plan. I only expressed in the hospital as I had to have an MRI with contrast injection and they said not to breast feed after the contrast. You can't just not get rid of the milk (causes problems with supply, major risk of mastitis and also just v painful) so they got me to express instead - the lovely "pump and dump"! On a positive note they gave me a little bottle of wine and a sleeping tablet seeing the milk wasn't going to bub (I was upset about not being able to feed - and this certainly helped!).

After that I didn't start expressing at home until bub was about 6-8 weeks old, so I don't think there is a rush to race out and get a pump.

Being a house wife can be fun!!
    Last edited by bedlover; 03-02-2014 at 21:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley - I took DS to Coles to do the groceries on my own when he was 3 weeks old. I was so proud that I got him dressed, packed the baby bag with all the stuff, got him in the car, got the pram out of the car, got him out and into the pram and got everything into the shops. I had a list written and he was asleep! I was feeling very proud of myself. I even took a heap if photos to celebrate the occasion!

Then I realised I had no idea how to push a pram and a trolley at the same time, and there was nowhere on the pram to put a basket as I wasn't strong enough to carry it the whole way. Ended up calling DH to ask for advice and he very sweetly told me I had done so well to get that far, and to go have a coffee and turn around, go home and do it online!!

I never quite got shopping on my own sorted until he was old enough to sit in the trolley. I tried a couple of things like taking him in the capsule and putting it in the trolley (doesn't leave much room for food) or wearing him in the baby carrier (makes getting the stuff out of the bottom of the trolley very tricky!).

I hope you have better luck than me - and if you do you will have to let me know your secret!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many lovely baby bump pictures!!! And thanks for all the congratulations guys

Rtkirk - I think I'll be like you and focus on the big ticket items, I also hope I can breast feed but realise we have such little control over these things sometimes. My best friend never had milk come in with her first. It was devastating for her and she ended up with quite severe depression. I really want to be open to accept whatever happens because of this. Btw, Cot fits perfectly and looks great!

Jjtiger- the cankles don't appear to go away do they! Good luck with the GTT

Spidery- I love the blanket!! I'd actually love to knit one cause I love the baby heirloom collection patterns you can get- but don't trust myself to finish on time. Your crotchet is impressive!

Veritas- I hope your baby shower goes well, and sorry that no one volunteered for you- you need to make sure you take it easy and enjoy yourself!!!

Jay11 - ouch on the foot cramps!! Is there anything that you can do for them? I've started to get calf cramps in my sleep- they are just horrible!

Arlias - no offence here! I can't wait to try out something new. Sometimes I find my job so draining I want to get back to simple hard work in the home and a new routine. I also want the opportunity to tackle home stuff during the week so we have time to just do family stuff on the weekends. I'm lucky my DH does most of the housework now (and usually most of the weekend) so it will be a nice change for us do have the time together.

Bedlover- planning to try the online grocery shopping when baby comes! So many logistical issues otherwise!!!

AFM- finally felt baby move and was a really good strong movement! Like a big rolling bubble and poke. Last night in bed and this evening. Can't wait for it to be on the outside too!
    I'm going to wait to buy a pump or layby- but I got a great tip from a friend for dealing with sore and raw nipples! She got gel nipple pads and got her hubby to freeze them. Then every feed she just popped on a nice cooling pad and was able to settle into breast feeding really well. If I get a pump I want an electric. I get arthritis in my wrists sometimes so there is no way I'd cope with a manual pump.
    Anyone getting sacrum pain?- I'm getting to the point in the last few days where I'm having trouble walking or getting up from sitting. Think I need physio but a bit surprised it has become so full on so quickly!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (04-02-2014),Spidery  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ABH.. I just got the new target catalogue and avent bottles are on special as of Thursday so will do that

Good work Spidery that blanket looks gorgeous..

Cute bump Catlover... I'll have to post one of mine tonight... 27 weeks and it's huge already.. I found the last 4 weeks it's grown a lot!

Well done with the painting arlais... And thanks for the roll call.. Much appreciated.. That's great about your MIL.. I was going to hold off with the breast pump. I heard the medela are the best electric but they are pricey. My girlfriend actually offered hers which she never used for $200.. Now I'm thinking I should get it? Apparently you can hire them too..

Veritas cot looks great and loving the bump.. Sounds like everything is coming along

Bedlover 11 weeks to go! How exciting.. Thanks for all your tips too.. Love the shopping story... That's so something I would have done... Lol

Love the bump pic Jay.. And the heart, how adorable.. My goodness you're so organised..

October great idea with making bulk food and freezing..

Berra I've had pain and started Pilates through a physio and it's already helped.. My OB said to do something as soon as it started as it would get worse.. (This was at about 23 weeks) I can't wait to finish work and have time hopefully to be on top if housework.. It's so hard working full time..

AFM - glad the weather is cooler today. Glucose test Thursday and booked dentist and hair appointment later in the day.. Probably not a good idea but we'll see how we go.... Oh forgot to mention mum found my christening gown.. I'm very excited and hoping I can use it for Bubs christening..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Spidery  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spidery the blanket is lovely. One for yourself next? I'm feeling well thanks. Enjoying being on leave but am very busy with helping out the family business and sorting things at home. I can't believe I was worried about being bored!

Veritas you look amazing and so does the cot. Well done. A labour of love that one. I am lucky to have three people desperate to organise my baby shower. Because it's a storybook theme the invites are cute little booklets. My family has a business the Paper Lantern which is for cute and classy party supplies so planning this is right up their alley! I can't imagine the loss you are feeling with your Mum gone.

Jay those bump pics are really gorgeous. I'm trying not to be overwhelmed with how much stuff I have to think of. Once we finish a nursery and I can see what I have I might get it straight in my head! One thing at a time! You seem to have thought of everything.

I only just booked the class today and the hospital wasn't sure if they could get me in - but by some miracle there was one spot left before my due date and we got it. Start 27 Feb for 6 weeks. So glad we aren't going in completely blind! Just another example of me leaving things to the very last minute.

Arlais I've now been a housewife for a week and I love it! Just time to do those jobs that have been driving me crazy like cleaning out the pantry. I'm not a great cook so having some time to practice a bit is helpful too. But the biggest advantage is being able to book an appointment without checking with work first and without the conflict of feeling like I'm letting them down - Priceless.

Currently waiting out my 2 hours for my second GTT. I had one earlier due to my weight which was fine. GD is something I've been expecting/dreading so glad I'll finally know one way or another this week.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (04-02-2014),Spidery  (05-02-2014)