Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    **The WishnHope Roll Call - Est Due Dates**

April – Last Trimester Ladies!!!

KeriKiwi 3rd – GIRL
    Arlais 7th – GIRL
    Veritas 7th – SURPRISE!
    OctoberBaby2010 10th (c-section) – SURPRISE!
    Amps 11th (c-section 1st April) – SURPRISE!
    LittleMissMagic 16th - SURPRISE!
    Lotsofthoughts 17th – SURPRISE!
    Rtkirk 18th - SURPRISE!
    HamptonK 20th – BOY
    Team panda 23rd – GIRL
    Manchesterlass 24th - BOY
    Orchids 26th – SURPRISE!
    Hwaterhouse 28th - SURPRISE!
    May
    JJTiger 2nd – SURPRISE!
    Bedlover 5th - SURPRISE!
    Ngaiz 6th
    Jeanie1 7th – SURPRISE!
    Butterfly2013 7th - GIRL
    SimpsonDesert 11th - SURPRISE!
    Nirok 12th - BOY
    Totwo 13th
    Kittybee 14th – SURPRISE!
    ABH 16th - BOY
    Jay11 24th - BOY
    June
    CatLover74 1st - GIRL
    Ainsleyp 1st – TWINS: BOY & GIRL
    Milly888 1st
    jessie87 3rd
    stc 6th – SURPRISE!
    KJ35 10th - BOY
    lannie 19th
    Hope4Baby 20th - BOY
    Berrabrooder 20th - BOY
    Becca85 – 21st
    Annerley 23rd – GIRL
    Spidery 23rd - SURPRISE!
    Riss 30th - BOY
    Hugs needed
    Cappy
    Hopingformore
    Wishnhope
    Butterfly39
    hposs
    Seahorse1

Gender Tally:

BOYS -
    GIRLS - 7
    SURPRISES - 15
    Last edited by Arlais; 05-02-2014 at 11:32.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So exciting seeing everyone getting into the preparations to welcome our babies home!! Did you know that this time next week, everyone in the thread will be at least halfway through?

Got a good start on painting the nursery over the weekend - going to Bunnings after work to get a tin of paint to do the walls. I was impressed that I managed to do all the corner cut ins and all along the base of the wall with the sample pot, so DH just has to do his bit with the roller I'm hoping that we'll get the painting finished over the next couple of nights, then we can start getting the furniture all set up!!

DH called his mum on the weekend and he continues to be amazed how much she is looking forward to her granddaughter's arrival. She's currently filling a washing basket full of embroidered sheets and other linen for bub

A bit peeved at myself I forgot to pick up the baby shower invites from the coffee table this morning, so I won't be able to post them until tomorrow now

Has anyone been thinking about breast pumps much?? I plan on BF, but would like to express for DH to be able to feed bub as well, but I can't get over the expense of them! I'd like to get an electric one because I don't think my wrists would deal too well with constantly pumping a manual. I was thinking to wait until after birth to see how we go with feeding first, but not sure if it would be better to have on hand to start with??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Lovely to hear about everyone feeling movement now and how busy you all are with nursery preparations! Exciting. Great to share all the info on baby sales. I will definitely be checking out Target for the newborn nappies. Hopefully I can still get some at that price.

Jay, you are so organised! You have given me lots to think about!

Spidery, love the blanket. Very cute.

AFM had OB appointment today and got to see our little one again. OB is happy with how everything looks. I will see OB every 2 weeks from now on.

Regarding breast pumps, if you are intending to BF I would suggest trying to get one organised for when baby arrives. The reason being it really helped me get my supply up when DS was born. Hospitals will usually have a double pump available for use there and they may hire as well. With DS I used the hospital's pump and when I got home I was able to borrow a Medela Swing. This time I'm fortunate enough to have the Medela Freestyle double pump. The lactation consultants at the hospitals are really helpful. The first two weeks of getting BF established can be tough (not for everyone) but it is SO worth it to persevere if BF is what you want to do.

Hi to everyone else.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleMissMagic For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (03-02-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey ladies,

We are having our baby shower this weekend. Holding it at a family members house, with my sis doing the games, but we have organised everything else cos no one else seemed too keen to put their hands up. Bit sad cos I know it would have been Mum had she been here.

We went shopping yday for carpet for the babies room, and ended up putting a bit layby on at target, including an electric breast pump. DP wants to be involved too, once we have established a good breastfeeding routine, and we also have some events planned so I want to build a freezer bank pretty well straight away.

Only a tiny bit of painting left on the cot.... but you can see what it looked like before....

before cot.jpg

And it looks like this now.... almost there :-)

cot after.jpg

DP started on the nursery floor prep last night, and we should have carpet in a few weeks, so hopefully by the end of feb I can start setting the nursery up :-) Have to order some fabrics for the linen (yay can fuel my etsy love) and some curtains for the window and doors.

So exciting to think we are all edging that much closer to having bubs with us on the outside, and that everyone has nearly passed that halfway hump.

Me today at 31wks

31 wks.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    So nice to hear how all you lovely ladies are going. I have been reading along with you and love all the baby bump and nursery pics. I feel like I have ages to go compared to most of you but I'm getting there. My 20 weeks scan is next Wednesday. I'm considering myself already halfway there as I am having a csection at around 39 weeks.
    I'm 19 weeks today and felt bubs popping round in there over the weekend. Well I hope it was bubs and not severe gas haha

I haven't bought anything yet but sorta know what I want. My lovely friend is lending me a few things such as her medela breast pump as I want to express a bit to allow DH to feed as well. Can anyone recommend a website that has a check list of must haves I could look at as a starting point? It can be overwhelming and I like to be organised. I might have to pop into target this week and start stocking up on nappies. That's if there are any left in stock with all these preggo women snapping them up.

Did anyone else get really sore hips when sleeping on one side too long? I think my mattress is too hard might need to invest in a foam topper.

Have a lovely day

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Riss78 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (04-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oops I forgot to says congratulations to Berra for team blue! And Annerley for a sweet baby girl! Looks like the numbers are going to even out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies - so glad to read about all the great scans and excellent shopping efforts!!!

With DS I expressed daily for over 6 months as DH would do the before bed feed to give me a break.
    I borrowed the Medela swing off a friend and it was great. The thought of a manual pump makes me want to shoot myself - particularly if pumping semi regularly!! This time (if I can't borrow the Medela Swing) I am going to hire a hospital grade double pump (can hire from most chemists). Just so much faster to empty a breast plus the added bonus of doing 2 at once. The pumps at the hospital are awesome!!

Jay - my hospital provides all the essentials for baby like nappies, creams, bottles if needed etc, as well as stuff for mum like breast pumps etc. Might be worth checking to save lugging in a heap of stuff you don't need to.

I am going very light on this time around. Just need a bassinet, borrow/hire pump, car seat for DS (bub will get the hand me down), more cot sheets (as will have 2 in cots) and a sterilizer.

Last time I used a borrowed electric at home and microwave at mums, and much preferred the electric - particularly as I was using it all the time given daily pumping. Also, we heated milk daily and just popped the bottle in a jug of hot water out of the tap - was just as easy as a warmer but much cheaper!!

I got a box of Huggies newborn nappies (def the best!) and some maternity pads. I didn't need breast pads last time so will wait to see if I leak before buying any.

Our nursery is set up with the change table and cot with mattress, and we will use our existing pram. I just need to put sheets on the cot closer the the date and move some stuff from DS's room to the nursery (wipes, lotions, potions and all sorts of things I bought for DS but only used once or twice!!!).

We have booked in our C-section for 38 weeks and I am 27 weeks today so only 11 weeks to go!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais - im going to wait and get things like breast pumps after the birth, if I need them. One of my friends said she didn't need one at all as she breast fed the whole time. Ive been a bit hesitant about getting everything before the birth and have decided to get just the essential items to begin with. I can send dh and family members out to get me anything if Im desperate.We have bought the pram, I will hire a capsule, Ive been given a change table, moses basket and bath. All the other essential items like nappies, breast pads, grow suits etc I will get them when I am closer to the birth and in my maternity leave. I know I'll be getting a lot of things as presents after baby is born and Im not having a baby shower so will wait and see. Im sure Ill be back scrolling through these pages to see what everyone was buying. Riss I used Bub Hub to start my list of essential and non essential items, you can find a list if you go to the first page. Then I modified it with my mum who use to be in the baby wear business so it was good to get her opinion too. Regarding sore hips I get do get a lot of pains in my legs, I think its just going to get worse to tell you the truth.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (03-02-2014)