Closed Thread
Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jay- I actually thought after I posted that comment to you that you'd probably already have bottles covered. I almost went for a microwave one but only because it was cheaper and I thought an electric might be a waste of money, if I'm able to breast feed and only express/bottle feed occasionally, I just got the electric one because the pack was on sale so the price wasn't too much in the end. I did read about using the bottles within 24hrs of sterilising. Not sure if it would work to just wash them after use and then sterilise just before the next use?

Hope- your photos are beautiful, can't wait to see the ones from later in pregnancy. I was thinking of waiting until bub was born before getting a pump so I could see if I needed one first but I found a closer to nature manual pump for $20 so couldn't go past it. I'm only planning to bottle feed very occasionally so hoping a manual one will be enough. I'm feeling a bit more organised now but it's like there's a never ending list! My mum kept some of mine and my sis's baby clothes so I'm going out there soon to have a look since now I'll be able to use them!

Spidery- glad your scan went well! It's so cute seeing them wriggling around so much! The sonographer did a close up of the front of her face just as she let out a big yawn, it was amazing to see. Feeling movements is just the best feeling, isn't it? I have heard of quite a few ladies who have low lying placentas and they correct themselves before the end of the pregnancy, I really hope this is the case for you and Hope. What date do you get the full report? I have to call my obs this week, the sonographer said a lot of positive things as she was scanning so hopefully that means no nasty surprises!

Amps- lovely bump shot! Your belly looks very tidy, don't know if that's the right word but you look like you haven't blown our in other areas and just have a nice belly!

Thanks to everyone else for the congrats! Berra, where are you, I want to know what you're having too!!
    Last edited by Annerley; 02-02-2014 at 10:10.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Amps  (02-02-2014),Hope4Baby  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I decided I'd go back to Plenty Valley shops today (who's aircon seems to not be working DOH) to get the close to nature bottle steriliser but this time hubby decided to come with so he said he'd go to target get steriliser while I ordered some breaky so armed with a pic he came back and apparently it was the last one yay! So after breaky we braved BabyBunting! It's aircon isn't working properly either.

If it makes anyone feel better even my hubby is over BabyBunting he tried few times to get assistance and heard a lady saying she wouldn't get a Infasecure car seat even though they were safe (she reckoned they weren't very good) anyway we finally got a sales assistant once we joined the que to pay for the warmer so I stayed in line & sales assistant took hubby to the car seats then told him he had to line up to see if it was in stock, lucky I was still in line how frustrating.
    They do price match though & it was in stock so we thought we'd just get it. So it's now in the car and we decided after that we needed to go to Dan Murphy's to resupply as he need a few drinks to recover when we get home haha.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautiful pics Hope can't wait to see your next lot!

Yay for your bump pic Amps glad it posted for you so we can see too !

Spidery congrats on your a great scan result hope that your placenta plays the game and moves for you!

Spidery & Hope - I must say the best way I've found to get through THE LIST is to start with the bigger things and pick up smaller things as you see them as you can always get them later. Once you have big ticket items (a way to get bub home from hospital, and somewhere to sleep), bottle feeding stuff (want to breast feed but want hubby to as well so will express for him so need bottle sterilizer, warmer & bottles), newborn nappies and some newborn clothes to get started then it gets easier.
    I haven't concentrated on my hospital bag yet as I figure at 32weeks I'll also make that my priority just incase a Junior had to come early but figured it wasn't as important as hubby can always pick those type of things up from hospital chemist & grab my toiletries and some clothes from home - but a baby bag was more important for me, as I want it ready to go as will take it to hospital with bubs stuff in it like breast pump (as want hubby to start feeds whilst we are in the hospital as I think that is a special time for us to share), first clothes, bibs, breast pads, nappies, wipes, nappy rash cream etc).
    Anyway I'm feeling a lot more relaxed now as really feel on top of it all so there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I'm very glad I didn't go with our original plan to not start until 3rd tri now.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (02-02-2014),Hope4Baby  (02-02-2014),Spidery  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley - In one way I've been lucky with my lack of weight-gain. I've only put on 1kg so far and that's been a struggle to keep on, hyperemesis sux. All my friends and family say it looks like I've lost weight and my bump is all baby. Certainly feels that way. My dh tells me I have chook legs....... I hope I can put on a little more but my ob assures me bellybean is growing fine and all my levels are good so just keep doing what I'm doing.

Jay11 - you are so super organised, reading your posts prompts me with what I need to do so Thank You! I'm torn with buying a pump/bottles/sterilizer now or waiting until bellybean is here, just in case I'm unable to breastfeed/express, which is what I really hope to do so dh can do some of the feeds when he's home. Must say I'm a little freaked out over how my nips are changing, just another body change I hadn't thought about before.

All I have left to get is a baby bath which a friend has offered to give me in a couple of weeks. I think I'm pretty set but there is probably something I've forgotten. I find myself moving things around every few days in the baby's room, still not happy with where I'm storing stuff. I'm just telling myself I'm fine-tuning. I will post some pics when I'm done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys! I've got so much to catch up on- works gotten really crazy so looks like I'm in for some late nights and weekends over the next few months! I've backtracked and tried to catch up where I can- I'm so sorry if I miss something!

Jay11 - love your baby bunting experience! We have not been able to get any help in that shop the few times we have been- even when there is staff around, they seemed to want to gossip amongst themselves more than answer any questions or help customers.

Annerley - sorry for keeping you waiting hope your report is perfect, cross your fingers for me too- I see ob on Friday. Yay for a little girl! So exciting I'd go crazy on girl clothes if I were you!

Hope - i love the pictures!!! such a beautiful idea. fingers crossed for your placenta moving up.

Spidery- I was thinking about the kompressor caprice too - it's a narrow one I think? Hope your report goes well, and placenta not too low. It's nice when they wiggle for the scans around isn't it

Amps- what a lovely belly bump!!

AFM... Well 20 week scan is done... We are having a BOY!!!' I got so emotional I started getting teary during the scan and then burst into tears as soon as we were out of the room. Poor DH thought I was unhappy, but I was just very overwhelmed. Feels more real now baby looked good, and measured 19+1 at 20w. Head is narrow but circumference normal- hoping report is all good. He looks very cramped in there and placenta covers whole front of uterus so explains not feeling anything except headbutts to bladder and cervix! Went shopping crazy on Saturday and got discounted bubba blue manchester for my little boys nursery at trade secret- two complete sets with bassinet and cot sheets and blankets. Also picked up paint swatches, and can't wait to get started. Going grey with blue and green decorations and white furniture. Weekend was mixed bag though- we are having a heat wave!!! DH took me to a work colleagues party, was 40 degrees and my ankles swelled up so much they just looked completely round from calf to toes!!! Today can't walk properly due to sacrum pain. Kept falling down! Can't wait for it to cool down - I'm sure the heat is responsible for all!!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BerraBrooder For This Useful Post:

Amps  (03-02-2014),Annerley  (03-02-2014),Spidery  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your baby boy Berra. Sorry the heat has affected you so much. It's hard to stay cool at the moment isn't it? Love your colour scheme.
    You sound very organised Jay. Getting the big ticket items first is a great idea. I am leaving bottles and the like till after baby comes as I want to breastfeed but these things dont always go to plan do they?
    Annerley fantasic news on your baby girl! Glad everything is measuring well. Just think in less than 20 weeks she will be in your arms.
    Amps great pic. I wouldn't worry about your weight- we all carry so differently. As long as bubs is fine that's all that counts.
    I haven't taken any bubs shots Hope- you have inspired me to make sure I take some now. As this may be our only bub I shouldn't let my hatred for being photographed stop me. Yours look fantastic too. Great backdrop as well.
    Spidery great scan results. I have a low placenta too so fingers crossed that they move for both of us.

AFM had a mini freak out on the wkend as I was convinced that there was no room for a baby in our tiny house. (I have this weird need to not have too much 'stuff' which drives my DH crazy. So completely the opposite of a hoarder). So my DH rearranged things in our nursery and made me realise that it would be fine. Felt so stupid but I do get a little emotional at the moment I will try and upload a pic of the nursery. Also heartburn is killing me at the moment! Going to try the milk idea tonight as I can't get any sleep.
    Attached Images

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Amps  (03-02-2014),Annerley  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rt your nursery is looking gorgeous.

Congrats on having a boy Berra. Glad it's all becoming more real for you!

Jay I have a Baby Bunting nearby and the staff are a great help. It's a big store and not too busy so maybe that's why. Every time we go in to browse we get asked over and over if we need assistance and when we have a question they are very helpful. A shame you can get such a different experience store to store.

Spidery congrats on your scan. Glad you got to see a lot of movement! And more importantly that you are starting to feel it too.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rtkirk - Glad everything went well with the cot and your glucose test. I start fortnight appointments too after my next one and I freaked out too! We're nearly there! I'll be about 30 weeks when I start fortnightly. I'm having a baby shower too and I've got a list of things I need in case anybody asks.. My girlfriend mentioned about getting a gift registry but I've decided not too.. Love the nursery.

Arlais oh dear about the invites.. My cousin is holding mine but I'm a control freak so I don't know how I'll go with that! Lol

Jay I don't know about baby love nappies.. I'm sticking to huggies for newborn but I've heard the Aldi ones are good when they get older.. I missed the target special, all sold out Your trip from baby bunting sounds like something my DH would do. lol

Panda I do get that and also my thighs.. I've started pregnancy Pilates which is helping

Annerley congrats on team pink.. How exciting! Sounds like you've got lots done..

Veritas hope all went well with the cot and you're happy with it! It sounds lovely..

Love the pics hope..

Amps cute baby bump

Berra congrats on team blue! I hear you about the cankles.. Mine are the same

AFM - 27 weeks and have my glucose test on Thursday.. Hoping it goes quick! Had our first birthing class on Saturday which was quite good... The midwife sent around these massive pictures of women in labour and they were from the 80's and hilarious.. Pics with their DH in the shower and DH had the tiniest speedos on... We were in tears !!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Amps  (03-02-2014),Annerley  (03-02-2014),rtkirk  (03-02-2014),Team panda  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha, JJTiger your birthing class, sounds like a hoot. Don't understand why they can't use up to date pictures or videos. At least it gave you a good laugh. You can still get the Target stuff on line and then either have it delivered, I think delivery is free if you spend over $50. Or can also order and collect from your local store. Some good bargains to be had. Think I will get the microwave sterilizer too.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Berra:congrats on team BLUE

Annerley: thanks me too I hope the placenta does move away too

Jay11: thanks for the advice on the list.

Rtkirk: the nursery looks great. Thanks and yes I hope our placentas move for both of us.

hwaterhouse: thanks it is great that I am starting to feel movement. How are you feeling.

So last year I made a blanket for my brothers baby and I just finished another one last night. Here is it
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Spidery; 03-02-2014 at 08:15.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Spidery For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (03-02-2014)