Closed Thread
Page 72 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats Annerley - and yay on your little girl! I didn't feel kicks till nearly 20wks but by 23wks they are able to be seen & now 24wks they super strong at times. It all starts with the little ones so enjoy!

Your welcome Amps - isn't it funny how we think I'm already talking about bzby2 as well crazy as I haven't even had my first! But we luckily have 4 frosties so hopefully there is a sibling for Junior in that lots that's a sticky.
    Congrats on great scan Becca and for reaching the 1/2way mark!

AFM: went to target and also purchased a box of huggies newborn plus a few extra things like a sports nappy bag for $30 as it was practical - but when I got home and realised it has little tags on the outside so you don't have to unzip to know what's where I really really liked it! Also it's perfect for taking to the pool, park etc due to its material.

Attachment 49864
    Attachment 49865

I nearly got a close to nature bottle warmer but a sales lady did a price check and said it was $90 but when I got home I realised BabyBunting has it at half price in the catalogue DOH so now I'll have to go there to get one.

Even though I have a thermometer I saw a dummy one and thought it might be handy and it stores the last 5 reading so you can keep track of bubs temp which I really like and wasn't too expensive.

Anyway now I just need to buy the bottle warmer, a steriliser, maternity pads (since Veritas has reminded me) and nappy organiser and I think that all - as grabbed extra bibs and a mesh cot wrap (instead of using a bumper as it's apparently safer up initially) today too but that being said I'm bound to realise I need something else.

Will also get a Infrasecure car seat (0-8yrs Luxi either Grange or Caprice as found out the one I was looking at is older model and the new ones at babymode have smaller base and a few other changes) for hubby's car as I already have a capsule and then it will go into my car when bub is 6months.
    Attachment 49853

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D
    Last edited by Jay11; 01-02-2014 at 23:02.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jay and Veritas!

Veritas- your cot sounds lovely! As you said, I'm sure it will be so nice when it's finished and well worth all the hard work! So exciting that you ladies are thinking about hospital bags already!

Jay- I've gone for closer to nature too. Take a look on the Toys r us website before you buy as you can get the C2N Essentials kit for $150 at the moment ($100 off), it's also on sale for the same price at the Target sale but I haven't seen them in stock at the 3 targets I've been to so I ordered via Toys r us. The pack has 8 bottles, the bottle warmer you are after, an electric steriliser and two thermos bags. I really wanted the bottle warmer too and having an electric steriliser was something I was considering so couldn't help but jump on this when I saw the bargain price- thought this might help you as you said you still need a steriliser also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Panda, I've had quite a bit of groin pain and had it with DS too, so I put it down to one of the joys of pregnancy!

Congrats on your little Princess Annerley! Very exciting!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Annerley but hubby wants a microwave steriliser (I was happy to get electric but he sees no point since they are all only good for 24hrs or until you open the lid - so have to use straight away anyway) and at least a microwave one is more portable so if we go away it doesn't take up much space) which target has tithe closer to nature microwave sterizer for $34 and I'll get the $45 close to nature warmer from BabyBunting as have heaps of bottles already.

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D
    Last edited by Jay11; 01-02-2014 at 23:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi panda. Sorry I don't have any groin pain.

Annerley CONGRATS! Glad your scan went well. There are so many cute girls clothes out there. I bet u had fun shopping today. I was looking at breast pumps too, but thought maybe I should wait till bubs is born to see how I cope and or if I will use one. I like the medela swing but can't justify the price just yet.

Some of you girls are getting so close now. Can't wait to see newborn pics from you. I hit 20weeks on Friday so feel like I'm ages away from some of you, but glad I get to read you're updates to remind me of what's to come.

I dragged my sister out to Bribie Island today to take some belly shots. I am going to try to link from photo bucket because this app never let's me post pics anymore. Hope they work. See below.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope4Baby For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay my pic worked. Here's some more from the same shoot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Becca glad things are going well so far. Your pregnancy will def get more exciting from here! Hope that placenta moves soon.

Panda I too had groin pain for a short time. I put it down to round ligament pain which can manifest in the groin area. Mine didn't last long. Hope yours doesn't either!

Annerley congrats on your girl. Glad to see the tally evening up a bit! Hope you enjoyed your mini shopping spree!

Veritas you must post a pic of that finished cot. It really sounds beautiful. You have so much patience! Glad the nursery is coming on. We finally got a start on ours putting in a new cornice and patching walls from previous owners. Might get a first coat of paint on today. Can't wait to get a bit organised as we have been given so much baby stuff and it's everywhere! Pretty close once the hospital bag is packed. Guess I should give it some thought in the next few weeks.

Jay that nappy bag sounds great. Couldn't see the pics but the tags sound good! You must be nearly organised now! The car seat sounds like a good buy too.

Hope those pics are gorgeous! Both you and the backdrop. A little bit jealous you can just pop down to such a place for a photo shoot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    IMG_20140131_074107.jpg

Here's hoping this finally worked

Thanks
    Reviews

Annerley: Congrats in your scan and baby GIRL very exciting My scan went well baby was a wiggly worm but placenta close/right on cervix but will find out full report when I see my obs in Feb Have you gig names picked?

Hope: lovely pics. I hit 20 weeks tomorrow so still feels far away but yet more closer and real

veritas:I would of loved to do a cot like you but I know I would have been doing it all as DH hates painting/ task work as he is not handy so good on you for the determination. Hospital bags wow so close

Jay11: I look at the things you have bought and i feel like I have so much to get. But will be having a baby shower so maybe that will help us out. Sounds like you got some good bargains

Amps: yeah me too Cute baby bump pic.

AFM: we went and saw hospital yesterday and were shown around. Only thing is no baths by they do have power jets on walls in showers on birthing unit. DH and I then went and got a car seat we got the kompressor caprice 0-4. So very happy DH wants to set up in car now but I said no we have 4 months yet.

Also i think I felt movement the last couple of nights not much but a little very exciting

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spidery For This Useful Post:

Amps  (02-02-2014),Annerley  (03-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spidery. Yay for feeling movement. I too found out I have a low lying placenta. I'm hoping so bad that it moves up. I go back for another scan at 33 weeks to check on it. Bit scary, I really don't want a c-section. Still haven't felt a full on kick yet, but feeling many flutters and pops.

Amps. Cute belly shot

Thanks Hwaterhouse. It was sort of a practice shoot for when my belly is bigger, but very happy with how they turned out. I never did any belly shots with DS 13 years ago, and really wished I did, so making up for it this time. Can't wait till my belly is bigger tho.

Jay & Annerley. You have soo much stuff already. Makes me realise there's still so much for me to get. I hadn't even thought about sterilisers and bottle warmers. Good points tho. I remember with DS we used avent bottles and just boiled bottles to sterilise in a pot etc. My mum was sitting him for me one night and she went to boil his bottle, then totally forgot about it. She had boiled the pot dry and melted his bottle till it looked like a pancake. Omg soo funny. But I think I may go electric this time round. I'm bound to make a mess of the microwave ones.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope4Baby For This Useful Post:

Amps  (02-02-2014)