Closed Thread
Page 71 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies think I'll start with the huggies brand first then

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Annerley : yeah 20 weeks half way there Good luck got your scan tomorrow. Can't wait to hear what your having.

Berra: good luck with your scan too

Jay11: I know so many nappies i am still tossing up about mcns or disposables thinking I will go mcn for home and disposable for going out to the shops

Simpson desert: hope you have some luck with names. It's hard I reckon. DH and I only agreed on a few I like older type names and he likes not modern but in my opinion just ****ty names. Lol

Amps: glad things are looking up for you and DH Thing keep getting better

Arlais: so jealous you are starting mat leave but must be exciting for you. So close to you will holding your little one.

Rtkirk: that's great about the cot. Awesome news about GTT results

Hi to everyone else. Hope all is well

AFM: had 19 weeks scan on Wednesday afternoon all is well baby was a little wiggly worm so great to know all is well after that long break without even hearing the heartbeat. We are off to the hospital tomorrow to do a pre admission booking/meeting and be shown around the hospital so that should be great.

Also so trying to get house ready to go on the market been a bit stressful but Things will turn out.
    Last edited by Spidery; 31-01-2014 at 21:36.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spidery For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (01-02-2014),SimpsonDesert  (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Found this for Sydney mums or needing taxi in Sydney not sure what they are like though but thought handy to know:
    http://bubstaxi.com.au/our-service/

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay11 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (02-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Simpson and JJTiger sounds like great advice.
    JJ, I'm in Sydney.. Just found out this morning that My Baby Warehouse have extended their big sale until 9 Feb. It was supposed to end today which takes the pressure off as now I have a bit more time...
    Have a great weekend everyone

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (01-02-2014),SimpsonDesert  (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I have washed the extra liners I bought for my mcns and am extremely happy with how they look and feel. Picking them up out of the washing machine after a cycle they feel more than half way dry!! These are made from bamboo fibres and are 5 layers thick. I am impressed with how you can feel a little more moisture in the inner layers which is how they are s'posed to work. I will be using these liners for night time. I still bought a big box of newborn huggies from Target on sale yesterday. Best value I could find. I was advised that sometimes the mcns aren't quite small enough if you have a smaller baby, which my ob has suggested I might, so I will be using these first off and then for shopping etc. My friends with kids love huggies best, a couple use the baby love for daytime and huggies at night.

Orchids - My baby warehouse online is where I bought my pram and capsule from. Not sure if I will buy from them again as was most disappointed with their online support and I wasn't able to get the extra $20 off that was advertised in their catalogue, could only get it in store or by phoning a store direct(which I tried but no-one answered 3 times). I hope you have a better in-store experience, I've heard some good comments but unfortunately I live too far away.

Spidery - Isn't it great when you get to see your baby and see/hear the heartbeat. I am just awestruck every time!

Jay11 - Thanks for the tip with the taxi service, we might be back down to Sydney at the end of the year or early next year for another IVF go. Our 7th round(only successful one) was with Genea in Sydney so we are giving serious thought about another baby. My dh is a bit reluctant because of how hard things have been on me this pregnancy but I would really like to try for another, and besides, it's my body!

Hope you all have a good weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the advice I've been given about nappies is only Huggies for newborn - no one else comes close apparently. But after that first stage the cheaper ones are just as good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. I haven't been around in a little while. I've had a quick scroll through but unfortunately no time for personals right now. I'm 20 weeks today! Had our scan on Thursday and she said everything looks fine with baby which is awesome. Placenta is currently covering my cervix so hoping that will move so I can avoid a c section but not worrying about that too much just yet. We're off to look at some houses today as well as a cot and change table set. It's all happening.
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone else have a really sore groin? Every morning I wake up with very tender area down below. It's such a weird place to have soreness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So we found out today that we are having a little GIRL!

20wk scan went well, I have to call my obs this week to get the full report but the sonographer said everything looked great and the size seemed to be on track, my placenta is also high off the cervix!

I spent the rest of the day shopping for baby girl clothes, also bought got a box of the Huggies newborn nappies at Target and a mattress protector, cot sheet set and breast pads as well. This past week I've ordered baby bottles, a steriliser, bottle warmer and breast pump too. I plan to breast feed but will express occasionally too.

I felt some kicks when I put my hand on my belly just before bed last night (not really strong ones but still strong enough that I felt my tummy move a few times), which was really exciting!

Spidery and Berra, how did your scans go?
    Last edited by Annerley; 01-02-2014 at 17:41.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (02-02-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi everyone,

Lovely day with the fam today in preparation for finally starting on the nursery floor tomorrow :-)

Finishing painting our cot tonight while dp is out with friends. So excited to see how it turns out. To say its been tedious is an understatement!! It's an old school vintage style cot with LOTS of turned wood so very fiddly. End result should be well worth it though.

We got a delivery too this week Arlais! Maternity pads and newborn nappies from the organic online shop. We are going moltex Eco disposables for the yucky after birth nappies then onto mcns once home.

Hoping to have hospital bags ready by 32 weeks so all prepared, but scary that's only a week and a bit away!!!

Congrats on the girl annerley!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (01-02-2014),Team panda  (02-02-2014)