Closed Thread
Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the update on the ladies who left this thread Arlais. I had started to check BH to see where they were at but could only find Wish. I hope that 2014 is their year I think about how easily it could have been me that experienced a loss and am so grateful all the time that bubs managed to stick around.
    Amps I am so pleased that your DH is taking positive steps for your relationship. I hope this is a sign that it will all work out. Can't believe you and Arlais are in single digits now.
    Welcome Panda. I hear you about the insomnia. I have struggled all through my pregnancy with it. Congrats on Team Pink! Have you got any names picked out yet?
    i know how you feel Orchids. The first experience I had with baby stuff was at the baby expo in Melbourne and I freaked out. Who knew there was so much stuff for babies
    Congrats on being half way Annerley. It's so exciting isn't it? But then you start counting down to bubs which I must say freaked me out at first. Used to make my DH crack up from the look on my face.
    Arlais did you start painting last night?

AFM we finished painting and sanding the cot and I must say it looks pretty good. No more teeth marks from the previous owners kids! I had my Glucose test results and it came back fine. What a relief. We heard the babies heartbeat and had my measurements and everything is tracking ok. I did get a surprise when my Dr told me that from now on its appointments every two weeks. Mocking up my baby shower invites and sending them out today- just wanted to ask you about baby gifts? I have put together a list which my BFF is getting in case anyone asks. Do you think I should mention that on the invites?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

Amps  (31-01-2014),Arlais  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Rtkirk. I would definitely mention it on the invites. It can be so helpful if you know there are some suggestions. As for me I am having a book only baby shower so will be making it clear on the invites. I started the fortnightly appointments at 26 weeks and was quite surprised. Had another ultrasound yesterday (which the sonographer said was overkill) to check for Vasa Praevia which is slightly more common in IVF. Apparently they always check it at the growth scan but because they don't list it specifically some doctors get particular and order a scan to check. I'm a public patient so doesn't cost me anything. Plus I got to see my baby who is thankfully starting to look human!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    rtkirk - sounds like you've done well on the cot . Scarey to think how close some of us are now....

hwaterhouse - my ob usually has ladies start fortnightly check-ups around 28-30 weeks from what I've seen. I think that's pretty standard. At least you got another peek at your precious baby, gotta be loving that

afm - well I saw my ob yesterday and bellybean is doing well. Strong heartbeat, head's where it should be, growth measurement seems on track. He went over my bt results from a couple of weeks ago and all is good. Couple of levels are raised but still in normal parameters for being pregnant. Cholesterol is one which apparently is common to increase during pregnancy, didn't know that. He is happy with everything so I guess I can just sit back and try to enjoy the rest of it.
    Had horrible wind last night, kept me awake and I wanted to spew. Glad I managed not too.

My pram and capsule arrived yesterday. Assembled and played with the pram last night and fitted the capsule to my car this morning! As excited as I am to think bellybean is nearly here and I'm as ready as I can be, I'm getting a sick/nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't end up getting to paint last night rtkirk - traffic was awful leaving work, we had to pick up baby shower invites from my sister's place and then went to the shops to pick up a few things, so really didn't have the energy to get started. That's my project for the weekend though

I feel really bad. My sister is so keen on doing everything for my baby shower, but when we picked up the invites last night I noticed a major spelling error on them. I took them anyway and now I have to re-do the printed part and stick it on the backing because I just can't send them out like they are now. I didn't want to offend her, but kinda peeved I now have to do something with them and delay posting them out because she didn't proof read

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news on the glucose test results rtkirk, no too long to go now.

Your comment about your bubba starting to look human hwaterhouse. Made me laugh, my DH didn't like to the look of the 3D scans, to alien like!

Yay for your pram and capsule Amps, how exciting. I ordered my pram today. All feeling very real now and coming together.

Good luck with the painting Arlias, shame that you invites have a spelling mistake. That would really annoy me too.

Have a great weekend ladies, another month down and another month close to meeting our beautiful long awaited and loved bubbas.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ABH For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (31-01-2014),hwaterhouse  (31-01-2014),rtkirk  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    To the mummies already - kmart has baby Solutions 108 unisex newborn nappies for $19 has anyone used these before or are the cheap due due quality!

Other nappy brands looking at are baby love and huggies - any thoughts?

Here's the car seat thinking of getting any thoughts appreciated!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1391137643.300341.jpg

👫 First bub for DH and I after 10 cycles of IVF 🎉
    Celebrating and looking forward to meeting Junior - our Baby BOY!!!!
    EDD 24May14 🍼

http://www.bubhub.com.au/tickers/ima...D%5B/center%5D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't help with the nappies sorry Jay, although my sis is happy with the Baby Love brand.

The carseat looks fine to me. We went with the Infasecure Kompressor (0-4 yrs), mostly because it will fit well in my car as it has a narrow base. I think it's definitely worth going into a baby store and asking their advice on particular seats. Checking out review websites is also a good idea so you can see any potential issues you might encounter.

Also have a look at http://www.crep.com.au/crep-results.php They haven't evaluated every car seat on the market, but it's good to at least see where the brand you're considering comes in with other models.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are getting the Kompressor too. Good product reviews and the narrow base apparently makes a big difference. On sale for around $200 I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jay11 my mummy friends have all used Huggies, a friend was given some Baby Love nappies for newborn and also some Huggies and said the Huggies were heaps better. I have also been given some Baby Love nappies and have some Huggies and you can just see that the Huggies are better quality. I guess I will find out soon enough. Target also have newborn Huggies nappies box of 108 on sale for $27 as of yesterday.

I still think I will get MCN and just use disposables when on hols and out and about.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used Huggies for DS when he was a newborn and really thought they were the best quality. TheTarget price is probably the best you will see at $27. As he got bigger I used Baby Love in the day and Huggies at night, and as a toddler I used the Aldi ones which are way cheaper. I'll definitely be sticking with Huggies newborn though, and while they are little I like the boy/girl option Huggies gives.