Closed Thread
Page 69 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    so happy right now!!!!! Dh must have got the hint this morning, he came home with an appointment to see someone about setting things up for our future, life insurance etc. He even phoned the man when he got home and discussed our situation so he could send us some info before the appointment. I really thought I was just . I've never been so glad to be wrong. Still a long way to go before things are sorted, he has to talk to his brother yet, but dh has finally taken the first positive step. I'm so glad he has and I've made sure I've told him that.
    Thanks again ladies for all your support, I think I may have done something rash if I wasn't able to vent here. You are all wonderful special women!!
    Last edited by Amps; 29-01-2014 at 14:06.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (29-01-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (29-01-2014),Orchids  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arlais- thanks for updating us on the ladies we sadly lost along the way. Wow, single digits on your ticker is unbelievable! Freak out is totally warranted!

Amps- so sorry to hear of the rough patch with DH . Fantastic to hear he has come around and I hope it all works out so that you & bub will be #1 priority in his life. Loved the thought of your little dog curled up on the change table shelf, so cute .

Wish- thanks for checking in and best of luck with your upcoming FET

Orchids- Great to see you back! The world of baby stuff certainly is daunting and ovewhelming. I'm 25 wks and still haven't set foot in a baby shop, I used BH threads and the CHOICE 'path to parenthood' to make a list of things baby needs plus some nice-to-haves that I'd like. Then I did searches on prices & brands, read reviews on Choice, BH and productreview, and narrowed down my preferences that way. It took about 2 days worth of on-line reading, but I feel much more organised having done it, even though I haven't physically bought it all yet (waiting until after baby shower).

Team Panda- Hi & welcome! Congrats on your little girl . I'm sure sleep goes out the window during pregnancy to get us ready for our newborns... I'm in the same boat as you though I usually manage to drift off by 1 or 2am.

Hope4baby- congrats on team blue and such perfect scan results! Would love to see the pics of your nursery, belly and bubba.

hwaterhouse- I think I've been sheltered... nobody has tried to influence me to find out sex. I agree that people should just respect other couples' decisions and each to their own.

Lots- great to hear the calmbirth classes are so positive. Yay for getting a NZ baby shower, how sweet of your in-laws to arrange that for you! The earthquake must have given you a fright... I experienced one of similar magnitude in Taiwan and it freaked me out!

October- wow, the turnaround in your DH once your DS arrived sounds amazing! A shame you had to go through all that uncertainty whilst pregnant.

JJ- how is the pregnancy pilates going? I wanted to start pregnancy yoga and have been procrastinating... hadn't thought of pilates! Bummer about the feet swelling, I've got sausage fingers but luckily feet are still OK.

Jay- I've been wearing my wedding & engangement rings on a necklace too. I'd feel naked without them! My bub kicks most when I'm laying on my back, on my sides it seems to settle down.

Berra- your bump is so cute! Best of luck for your scan

Annerley & Spidery- good luck with your scans too! So awesome to hit the halfway milestone and tick over into "this is really happening" mode .

Bedlover- I have been insanely itchy too. No relief apart from scratching, riding it out and it eventually goes away. The worst is when I take off my bra at night and the boobs are itchy as all hell!!

rtkirk- thanks for the tip on the hemp oil cream for itching... will give that a go! Have you set a date for your baby shower yet? My BFF is doing mine 8 weeks before due date.

Hi to Ngaiz, Veritas, Manchester Lass, KJ and everyone else

AFM- nothing exciting to report. Just plodding along and getting fatter! Still no progress on baby names... I've printed off the 2013 top 100 lists for boys and girls so we can go through them separately and cross out definite no-no's, highlight what we like, and leave the neutrals as-is. Hopefully when we cross-check each others lists some front runners will emerge

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SimpsonDesert For This Useful Post:

Amps  (29-01-2014),Annerley  (29-01-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (29-01-2014),Orchids  (31-01-2014),Spidery  (29-01-2014),Team panda  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So glad to hear some good news from you Amps!! Sounds like your DH really is listening It might take him a little while to get on the same page as you as far as family is concerned, but it's great that he's making an effort to ensure you and bub are secure! Good on you too for letting him know you appreciate what he's doing - I think it's very important for him to hear that

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies how is everyone I've been reading the posts sorry to hear about your issues with DH Amps hope its all starting to get better for.

AFM - nothing to report with me really got OB appointment on Tuesday. Everything seem to be going ok fingers crossed. Still need to try and get more organized but think I'm putting things off till after my 26wk scan I know I can breath more at this stage..Paranio joys!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are they looking at anything in particular at your 26 week scan KJ? Or is it just a standard because it started off as a twin pregnancy?

We held off doing lots of baby related stuff for ages - feeling far too paranoid about everything turning out all right. Now we're slightly worried everything won't be ready in time LOL

I had a grocery run box delivered today - amongst other things I now have a pack of newborn nappies and some maternity pads, so I can start getting my bag for hospital organised I think DH has gone into nesting mode - as soon as we got home last night he went and finished off the wall primer in the nursery so we can start putting the colour on. Going for a swim after work this afternoon, but I can see us getting started on painting tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Arlais they couldn't see all his heart bits at the 19wk morphology scan so they wanted to scan me again at 26wks but nothing to worry about it was just the way he was laid they just like to be accurate and see everything...my friends sister in law is a ultra sound woman and she's started a new job and needs someone to practice on so I'm having a free 27wk scan and some more after that I think so I get see lots of our little boy!!yeah still got to have the one at 26wkz though because this all goes on record and gets sent through to my OB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KJ35 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Team Panda and huge yay for some more pink on this thread. Congrats on your news of expecting a little girl too, Butterfly! Maybe the girls will make a last minute come back afterall!

Amps- so relieved to hear everything is looking more positive with your DH, good on you for sticking to your guns with it! Great idea on recognising his step forward and I'm sure once bub arrives, they'll continue! Glad you can feel happier now!

Wish- nice to hear from you and good luck with your upcoming transfer. Please let us know when you get your bfp!

Lotsa- I left NZ days before that earthquake, hope it wasn't too scary but glad you were alright and had people taking care of you! Lucky you with the baby shower, I can't wait until mine!

Arlais- do you work as a PA or something, your job with the roll call is great but thanks so much for the update on the other ladies! You do such a great job for us all, thank you! So exciting that you are down to single figures now!

Simpson- thanks, I'm pretty excited for Saturday morning and will let you all know the sex! I have to call my obs sometime next week to get the actual results from the morphology scan though to make sure all looks good! I'm half way on Monday and really can't believe it, you are right, it's starting to get real now!

KJ- all the best for your scan next Tuesday!

Berra and Spidery- good luck for your morphology scans too, can't wait to see how what you are having Berra and congrats to you and Hope for being half way as of tomorrow. Not long for us too, Spidery, 20wks yay!

AFM: the movements are getting much more noticeable now and I'm getting a few movements each day. It's all very exciting up until a week ago, they were only flutters but now they feel like taps and flinches and I don't have to concentrate to feel them like I did before. Now just for a big kick, baby!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Annerley For This Useful Post:

Amps  (29-01-2014),Arlais  (30-01-2014),lotsathoughts  (29-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (29-01-2014),Spidery  (31-01-2014),Team panda  (30-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Annerley I work in community development, so my job is very people focused. I used to be a teacher so the roll call thing is pretty natural, and I'm insatiably curious so if someone asks something I don't know I HAVE to find out

So wishing today was Friday - but only 17 working days left until maternity leave!! I'm picking up my baby shower invitations from my sister tonight and I can't wait to see what she's done for them. I haven't had any input apart from the guest list, I'm just leaving it all up to my sister and mum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Orchids, it is very overwhelming when you first go into a baby shop. Try and make a short list first of all the necessities you need as soon as bubs arrives. Car seat, bassinette, pram etc... There's so much you can leave till afterwards. We've got a shop called BabyMode (I'm not sure if you're in Melbourne) and I found they were a bit cheaper than Baby Bunting.

Welcome to the thread Panda. Not long to go for you! How exciting. I know what you mean about lack of sleep. I seem to be ok now but a couple weeks back i was up for hours, it's the worst

Hi Manchester.. congrats on being team blue I dont know how you are doing it with a toddler.. I'm stuggling half the time without one and working full time!

Butterfly congrats on team pink!

Arlais thanks for the update... I've been thinking of all those ladies and how they are travelling. Fingers crossed for all of them and sending their way. I'm looking at having a baby shower too. My cousin has offerred to do it for me which is nice. I can't wait for a nice girly afternoon with all my close family and friends

Oh Amps, that's so wonderful to hear and I'm so happy for you.

AFM - Got my next Pregnancy Pilates class tonight. Hopefully I can work out what to do with the equipment this week. lol.. Feeling really sleepy today and I so could just fall asleep at my desk....

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Amps  (30-01-2014),Arlais  (30-01-2014),Orchids  (31-01-2014),Team panda  (30-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nothing much to report here. A couple of days ago, I didn't feel any bubbles at all, after having felt something during the past week; and after a whole day of nothing, I was wondering what was going on - but I think she's making up for it now, because I've felt quite a bit today.

Not looking forward to doing my Glucose Challenge Test on the 13th of March; but it needs to be done.