Closed Thread
Page 68 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Team panda View Post
    Thank you Arlais, I'm on team pink!
    Amps I think the reality that we are going to have a little baby join DH and I has just hit me. All of a sudden I'm getting anxious and excited and starting to think about the birth. I hope I sleep properly tonight. Amps look after yourself, try to remain stress free for the sake of the baby. I know its not easy sometimes, especially with partners. My DH sent a huge chunk of money to a relative overseas who is having difficulties, without consulting me. I've had to let it go, otherwise I could have really lost it. But I keep thinking its important to remain calm and balanced for the sake of the baby.
    Tell me about it Panda - I had a bit of a freak out when I saw my ticker slide into single digits for the weeks we have left until bub arrives

Congrats on adding some pink to our lineup!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to say we are having a little girl

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to butterfly2013 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (28-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchids View Post
    Due to work, holidays etc I only just made it into a baby shop for the first time this long weekend and I'm now 7 months. As soon as I walked out of baby bunting I was in tears because the whole experience was completely overwhelming. I was shocked to see the number of prams to choose from, and then there's the car seat, cot, change table etc..etc... And to make matters worse, most baby shops have good sales that end this coming weekend so I feel I have to make all these big decisions so quickly to get a good deal. *stressed*
    @Orchids - Baby Buntings catalogue sale starts tomorrow and goes for nearly a month. They didn't have a sale during January I don't think except for on New Years Day. Lots of prams, carseats and furniture on sale.
    And Baby Bunting are REALLY good at price matching any Australian store or website. If you find something you think you like then check the price on Pram Warehouse or My Baby Warehouse website and ask them to match. They will happily do it and you can even layby the price matched items.

I'm no expert but I did it like this; start with the first thing baby will need - bassinet or cot, then think about your carseat and then your pram or carrier. Those are probably the 3 most important things then everything can come together after that.
    I don't mean to be offensive to the young ladies who work in the baby stores but if they don't look like they have had kids then steer clear of them - wander around and listen to the conversations the sales people have with other customers; you'll hear the difference between someone who is just regurgitating sales pitch compared to a mummy salesperson who has some hands on experience. Then seek out the mummy salesperson when she is available!

Good luck

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nirok For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (31-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tip about using google chrome Amps! I wish I had been like you and started my shopping research a few months ago. I agree with what some of the other girls have said - there are so many changes going on in the first year with the arrival of baby that its perhaps best to wait things out before making any decisions about leaving/divorce and keep trying to having those chats. I really hope things improve for you.

Team Panda - welcome and congrats!
    I used to have trouble sleeping (non pregnancy related) and found that having lemon balm tea really helped. You can find it in health food stores. I have Planet organic's "calming" herbal tea which includes lemon balm, chamomile and spearmint. Fingers crossed you get some good shut eye tonight.

Nirok - thanks heaps for the advice about what baby items to focus on first and about Baby Bunting's upcoming sale! i'm beginning to feel a lot less stressed I actually phoned all the big baby stores today in my lunch break (baby bunting, my baby warehouse, baby kingdom) and it turns out they will all price match each other and offer layby. Warranty will only begin once we pick the things up. Thanks again for you help!

Arlais - as always, thanks for doing a fantastic job with the roll call. I think I'm now in my 3rd trimester...27weeks?!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (29-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes, and I'm totally going to seek out the mummy salesperson in future!! Brilliant advice I was unfortunate to have two really young sales staff talk to me about prams that they either didn't know how to operate or they gave me the completely wrong info!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls just wondering if anyone hears/sees/reads from any of the ladies who left the thread due to loss? Im hoping Im not the only one who hasnt made it back to the expecting threads yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Hey girls just wondering if anyone hears/sees/reads from any of the ladies who left the thread due to loss? Im hoping Im not the only one who hasnt made it back to the expecting threads yet.
    I think Cappy is due in August now, but I can't say for sure I've seen news from anyone else. Might do a bit of BH stalking tomorrow when I'm back on the computer x

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Have started to think I might need to begin my maternity leave a little earlier than I hoped to do. I have put in for my leave to start on March 24th but I might need to change that to March 3rd, being aprrox. 6 weeks before my due date. I can't really perform my work duties to the best of my ability and I'm not really liking my employers lack of assistance or even interest. My lower back has started to hurt and one ankle seems to be a bit swollen by the time I get home. I am so uncomfortable most of the time, bellybean moves heaps but does seem to prefer to "hang low", making walking or even sitting quite awkward at times. I'm getting a lot more movement above my shrinking navel now so bellybean must be growing more. My belly feels so tight all the time now. In 8weeks6days I will be holding our baby Can't believe it's so close.
    Feel bad right now because I just lost the plot a bit at dh before he left to go to town. So damn frustrated. Sometimes I wish he would lose his cool back, it's so hard to have a good argument with someone who just won't argue back. I could tell by the look on his face he's plenty upset though. Maybe I should just right today off and go sulk in bed all day.

Oh, funniest thing last night, my darling little chihuahua/tenter-field cross decided she likes the baby's room and has found a prime spot to nap, on the bottom shelf of the change table on top of some new, freshly washed old style cloth nappies I bought for change/spew cloths. Because she is mostly black I nearly didn't see her. Cheeky Rat!(one of her many nicknames) She looked so innocent and adorable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    Tell me about it Panda - I had a bit of a freak out when I saw my ticker slide into single digits for the weeks we have left until bub arrives

Congrats on adding some pink to our lineup!
    Eeek Arlais, single digits!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So after @Wishnhope 's post yesterday I've done a little bit of friendly BH stalking of the ladies who sadly left us earlier and I thought I'd share;

Cappy is currently pregnant.

No news from Hopingfor more

Butterfly39 had a BFN in December, no more frosties so looking towards another stim cycle.

hposs is currently in the TWW after an FET on Saturday.

Seahorse1 is looking to start a new cycle in late Feb or March.

Wish is currently jabbing for a FET cycle

Fingers crossed for everyone!

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Amps  (29-01-2014),Annerley  (29-01-2014),bedlover  (29-01-2014),Kittybee  (02-02-2014),Ngaiz  (29-01-2014),Octoberbaby2010  (29-01-2014),Orchids  (31-01-2014),SimpsonDesert  (29-01-2014),Spidery  (29-01-2014),Wishnhope  (29-01-2014)