Closed Thread
Page 67 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies... sorry I've been gone for over a month on holidays and recently logged back in to catch up on all that's been happening...this thread moves so fast!! For some reason when I press enter on my comp it doesn't allow me to break this up into paras so forgive me for typing this in one large block! Amps >> sorry to hear you're going through a really tough time at home. I really hope your DH changes for you. Sending you lots of Lotsa >> fantastic to hear you & your DH loved the calmbirth class! We are booked in for calmbirth at the same place and start that in about one months time. Also, towards the middle of Feb we'll start our antenatal classes at the hospital - can't wait! I think out of everyone in this thread I'm this most unprepared of the lot! Due to work, holidays etc I only just made it into a baby shop for the first time this long weekend and I'm now 7 months. As soon as I walked out of baby bunting I was in tears because the whole experience was completely overwhelming. I was shocked to see the number of prams to choose from, and then there's the car seat, cot, change table etc..etc... And to make matters worse, most baby shops have good sales that end this coming weekend so I feel I have to make all these big decisions so quickly to get a good deal. *stressed*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi, I have been lurking for a while and think its time I joined in this thread. (Very late, I know) I'm hitting 28weeks today and due April 23.
    I'm having a very bad night of no sleep, went to bed at 11.00 last night, it's now past 5 am and haven't slept a wink. Watching Sunrise. Oh, I really hope this isn't the start of something. Grrr.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (28-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Orchids - had the same problem with bubhub, someone suggested changing web browser to google chrome which I've done and all is good now. thanks for the words of support. I knew if I didn't start shopping a while ago for baby stuff I would get overwhelmed. Soooo many choices and reading reviews just confuses things more. I hope you can make sense of all you need and can get some good deals you are happy with.

Team panda - Welcome! Sorry to hear you aren't getting sleep, it's the worst isn't it?! I have bouts of that, thankfully the worst episode only went for 4 days. it's not your precious baby wanting an early entrance, don't think it is, insomnia is quite normal for some at this stage. I found the reality of everything hit me quite hard at around 24weeks, the time when you know if your baby comes, there's a realistic chance of survival. Nightmares, sleeplessness and finger-biting all started again for me.

I've decided to give dh a bit more time to sort things out. I love him and aside from this issue, he is a wonderful person. We met just before he turned 37 and the longest relationship he had before meeting me was nearly 4 months. Working full-time, running 2 farms with one brother and looking after his elderly invalid parents left him with very little time for himself. One of his best qualities is his generosity, he just needs to prioritise in a better order i.e. THIS family comes first, me and bellybean

Was s'posed to go to work today but am not going, feeling too fragile and wiped out. I have managed to keep a little food down but have a bad headache. If this cyclone does form off the coast I might have to go stay with relatives or even the hospital where I'm having bellybean as we do tend to get flooded in, it's funny being flooded when we live on the top of a mountain range!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (28-01-2014),Team panda  (28-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    **The WishnHope Roll Call - Est Due Dates**

April

KeriKiwi 3rd – GIRL: Nearly here – 3rd trimester!
    Arlais 7th – GIRL: Nearly here – 3rd trimester!
    Veritas 7th – SURPRISE! Nearly here – 3rd trimester!
    OctoberBaby2010 10th (c-section) – SURPRISE!: Nearly here – 3rd trimester!
    Amps 11th (c-section 1st April) – SURPRISE!: Nearly here – 3rd trimester!
    LittleMissMagic 16th - SURPRISE!; Nearly here – 3rd trimester!
    Lotsofthoughts 17th – SURPRISE!; Nearly here – 3rd trimester!
    Rtkirk 18th - SURPRISE!; Nearly here – 3rd trimester!
    HamptonK 20th – BOY; Nearly here – 3rd trimester!
    Team panda 23rd – welcome GIRL
    Manchesterlass 24th - BOY
    Orchids 26th – SURPRISE!
    Hwaterhouse 28th - SURPRISE!
    May
    JJTiger 2nd – SURPRISE!
    Bedlover 5th - SURPRISE!
    Ngaiz 6th
    Jeanie1 7th – SURPRISE!
    Butterfly2013 7th - GIRL
    SimpsonDesert 11th - SURPRISE!
    Nirok 12th - BOY
    Totwo 13th
    Kittybee 14th – SURPRISE!
    ABH 16th - BOY
    Jay11 24th - BOY
    June
    CatLover74 1st - GIRL
    Milly888 1st
    jessie87 3rd
    stc 6th – SURPRISE!
    KJ35 10th - BOY
    lannie 19th
    Hope4Baby 20th - BOY
    Berrabrooder 20th (Anatomy scan 31st Jan)
    Becca85 – 21st
    Ainsleyp 23rd – TWINS!
    Annerley 23rd (Anatomy scan 1st Feb)
    Spidery 23rd - SURPRISE! (Anatomy scan 29th Jan)
    Riss 30th - BOY
    Hugs needed
    Cappy
    Hopingformore
    Wishnhope
    Butterfly39
    hposs
    Seahorse1

Gender Tally:

BOYS -
    GIRLS - 5
    SURPRISES - 15

Welcome Team panda! It's always nice to have new members to our little group, please feel free to join in on whatever crazy conversations we may be having Are you waiting for a surprise, or will you be adding to the pink or blue tally??
    Last edited by Arlais; 29-01-2014 at 11:46.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (28-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All. I've just rediscovered this group. We changed from a Surprise to find out that we're having another little boy :-).
    I'm doing fairly well, apart from having pelvic girdle pain. Working full time, looking after a toddler and being pregnant is pretty full on, but I'll try to keep up with everyone better than I have been!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterLass View Post
    Hi All. I've just rediscovered this group. We changed from a Surprise to find out that we're having another little boy :-).
    I'm doing fairly well, apart from having pelvic girdle pain. Working full time, looking after a toddler and being pregnant is pretty full on, but I'll try to keep up with everyone better than I have been!
    Welcome back ManchesterLass!!I was wondering where you'd gotten to. Congrats on your little boy!
    I find being pregnant and working full time enough of a challenge as it is, I can't imagine adding a toddler into that as well! Feeling very relieved I've only got 19 working days left before I start maternity leave.

We have a few ladies on the roll call who joined in the beginning, but haven't heard much from them since. I don't want to remove them, but it is nice to get the occasional update to see how everyone is going

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was having some concerns with DH when preg with DS and also for 6-8 weeks after birth. Was thinking about leaving and ended up having a massive chat about everything when bub was about 8 weeks old and he completely got it. Now he still has some things that are annoying but on the whole is great - and is an amazing dad.

I think you should ride it out at least until bub is 3 months old. We are good at looking forward where as guys tend to focus in the here and now. Once bub arrives and settles into your new family I am sure it will get sorted - although might need a few more "chats" to get him there.

Good luck and try not to let this get you too down in these final stages of what should be the best time if your life xxx

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bedlover For This Useful Post:

Amps  (28-01-2014),Arlais  (28-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work with seniors and one of the ladies said to me that you should never consider getting a divorce in the first year of a baby's life - there's just too many changes that happen during that time and everyone involved tends to reevaluate and redefine themselves to integrate the new family member. Obviously there are certain situations where it is better to leave, but I thought that was some pretty sensible advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think there are so many emotions and hormnes involved with pregnancy and birth that major changes and decisins should generally be put on hold until things settle down a bit. Glad you've decided to wait it out Amps, I think DH will surprise you, but may still need some reminding - as they tend to!

Have had a bit of an energy burst today and crossed a few jobs off my 'to do' list which always makes me feel good!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (28-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Arlais, I'm on team pink!
    Amps I think the reality that we are going to have a little baby join DH and I has just hit me. All of a sudden I'm getting anxious and excited and starting to think about the birth. I hope I sleep properly tonight. Amps look after yourself, try to remain stress free for the sake of the baby. I know its not easy sometimes, especially with partners. My DH sent a huge chunk of money to a relative overseas who is having difficulties, without consulting me. I've had to let it go, otherwise I could have really lost it. But I keep thinking its important to remain calm and balanced for the sake of the baby.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Amps  (28-01-2014)