Closed Thread
Page 66 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks again ladies for the words of support. I've tried everything I can think of to get through to dh, I've written a Letter, I've nagged, pleaded and reasoned. He will listen to me, he will tell me he understands and that he knows things have to change, then nothing. He tells me he doesn't want me to leave but he won't back it up with actions. It's like telling someone you love them will all that you are but doing no physical thing to demonstrate that love....

Still haven't kept any food down, just tolerating a little water. If I don't get any better soon might have another hospital stay. Belly-bean is still active so all good there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds very upsetting Amps. Please take care of yourself and bubs. If you get any sicker go to the hospital so they can help. You and your baby are your first priority. Must be so hard to feel like you're being listened to but not being heard.

Congrats Hope on the boy!
    We are opting for a surprise at birth but totally can understand why people find out. I love finding out what people are having before the time and sometimes find myself getting restless when they opt to wait...haha, like I can talk!

DH and I went to our first calm birth class yesterday and found it such a positive experience! We felt quite empowered and excited about the birth rather than scared. Oh and you probably have heard about it but they told us about the breast crawl after birth where the baby makes their own way to their first breast feed. Just amazing. I hope we can experience a joyful birth. There are so many horror stories that people tell us so it's nice to have faith that it doesn't always have to be that way. I know it's going to be hard but looking forward to the challenge and can't waiiiiit to have a little bub in 3 months time

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Amps  (26-01-2014)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We love calmbirth too lotsa! Such a different vibe than the hospital prenatal courses and putting dp so much more on my wave length not only re birth but parenting full stop!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (27-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The calm birth classes sound great Lotsa.
    Veritas, can I ask where you went to your calm birth classes, were they local to where we live?
    i put in my form at the hospital a couple of days ago but just for the regular prenatal classes

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Certainly are annerley! She's lovely. I'll PM you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

Annerley  (27-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree Veritas, was so good for DH to go to. He feels like he has an important role too now. Def puts you on the same page.

http://julieclarke.com.au

We went to Julie Clarke as a friend recommended her. So far so good

We actually wrote up a bit of a timetable to make time for practicing the strategies so that work doesn't take over. We're both find it hard to switch off from work so all of the breathing/relaxation stuff will be great for us I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys I remember a convo on hear about disposables and mcns and I'm not sure which I'm going to use who here was using mcn was it you amps? Has anyone else used them thoughts on mcns

Thanks
    Reviews
    lotsathoughts - Yeh I'm going to use mcns. I will use disposables when we go to town shopping etc but here at home will be using mcns. I know 5 ladies who are using or have used mcns for their babies and they love them, I know some others that have used them, liked them but like the convenience of not having to wash better. After having to clean up a burn pile from my sil on our farm where she tried to burn disposables, I've been turned right off them. Took eight garbage bags and a shovel to scrape up the melted mess, it was disgusting.

Dh has asked me not to leave, at least not while I'm so far pregnant,
    He said he will speak to an insurance advisor etc so he can set up something to protect our future. Hmmmm, still thinking about what to do as I've heard this more than once before. Words need to be followed by actions........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on team blue Hope and a perfect scan! That's awesome

Arlais that's great advice! Putting it in writing is a great idea..

Amps I hope you're feeling ok?

Lots loving the sound of the calm birth classes... We are starting our hospital classes on Saturday but these calm classes sound great..

AFM - My swollen feet seem to have gone down.. Even in today's Melbourne heat.. See how we go... We have finally cleared the baby room now we just have to wait for our furniture to be ready for pick up.. Hopefully in the next month or so.. I can't wait to get it all ready.. My little one isn't moving a lot which still freaks me out.. My doc said this would be due to it still being breech.. Come on little one, turn for mummy please!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JJTiger For This Useful Post:

Hope4Baby  (28-01-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps, I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time with DH, IVF pregnancies are hard enough! I don't really have any advice for you but for what it's worth, I had a really difficult time with my DH during my first pregnancy. He was really against doing IVF for a lot of reasons and it nearly broke us. He finally agreed to do it, fully believing it wouldn't work and he really struggled through the pregnancy. I think he was terrified of becoming a dad but also really worried he wouldn't see/accept the child as his own because of the 'un natural process' - even though genetically ours. The closer it got, the more difficult he became and I cried for months thinking I'd made a mistake getting pregnant and I'd be raising my child alone. Having our son really changed him and here we are 10 weeks from #2 which took us another 6 rounds to achieve. He has been great this pregnancy, and while still apprehensive about 2 children, has been very supportive, happy and excited and really, he pushed for this to happen. I guess what I'm saying is don't underestimate the power your baby will have once it arrives, DH may find his priorities change. The transformation in my DH was an absolute mirale and more than I could ever hope for. I really hope that happens for you too xx.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Octoberbaby2010 For This Useful Post:

Amps  (27-01-2014),Arlais  (27-01-2014),JJTiger  (29-01-2014)